News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ramah CO 1/28-29

Started by Colorado Pete, February 04, 2012, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Pete

Six fine Americans braved sub-freezing morning and evening temps Saturday for another Appleseed at Ben Lomond Gun Club on the Colorado prairie.

On Sunday temps were a bit milder. Two of our Saturday shooters could not return for Sunday. But we gained three more that day, young ladies led by our own famous "Colorado Hannah", who earned a patch with a bolt rifle in late '10 and also bested an active-duty Army sniper!

Hannah's friends were caught up on Sunday morning and shot very well. KD was  done and then we returned to the 25m berm for AQT's. High score was Hannah's 232. Next best shooter was Rachel, at her first Appleseed, who shot a better score than the men shooters, all of whom were already Appleseed veterans! Way to go Rachel!

Congrats to all attendees for a well-done, safe shoot!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Galt

I would say this was the most fun Appleseed I've been to as an orange hat.  I think it was because all the students seemed to be very teachable.  They were all very willing to listen and learn.  I really liked the fact that the girls all ran down to their targets and ran back every time. 

Prone to Knit

Enthusiasm is a powerful thing.  High fives for the girls.

Pete, it sounds like you ran another very fine shoot - great job!

Kim

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org