News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Reserved a table at the Milwaukee Sports complex Bob and Rocco show Feb 3-5

Started by Janir, January 25, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Again looking for anyone that can help out with table time. I've got the setup and teardown times and will fill in as needed, but extra help is always appreciated.  With the Lodi shoot the next Sunday I'll be giving the push for that event. If someone could mail me a Winterseed patch, that be great talking point for Lodi's Winterseed event.

Bob and Rocco show. The table is reserved and will be along a back wall.

(EDITED 2/3/12 9:55 am PAW)
                             Person 1            Person 2
Friday     3-8      Janir (setup)         
<OPEN>
Saturday 9-1      Reckless Rick   
Triggernick       Wolfie
               1-5           
Mogget              Janir

Sunday   9-12       Ahhshoot
              Colycat               12-3          Janir (teardown)   <OPEN>
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Reckless Rick

I'll do 9 to 1 Saturday,call me at 414-213-7465 with any details Thanks for putting this together

Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

LadyVetch

Sorry we can't help this weekend.  My MIL passed away and Sat is her funeral. 

Thanks for doing this.  Did you get a winterseed patch?  I can get you one in the mail just need your address.  PM me with it. 

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

George Hacker

Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

dragonfly

Quote from: LadyVetch on January 27, 2012, 03:32:36 PM
Sorry we can't help this weekend.  My MIL passed away and Sat is her funeral. 

Thanks for doing this.  Did you get a winterseed patch?  I can get you one in the mail just need your address.  PM me with it. 

LadyVetch

Sorry to here of your loss Renee, make sure you give Tim our deepest condolences . MIL I think that means mother in law

Jeff

I'm sending patch and promo materials to Janir
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Come on guys,  the gun show is this weekend.  Really, No one has 3 hrs this weekend to help out?

Ahhshoot and I will take Sunday, so that only leaves Saturday to fill in.  Rick will be there in the morning and should have some company.  That leaves only 2 people to take the afternoon.

Why is it instructors would rather go to over staffed, low turn out events, than do something to help  make high turn out events?

I will tell you all, when you ask people milling by at a gun show, "have you ever heard of Appleseed",  the answer will be no.  How can we get people to come, if they have never heard of us.

dragonfly

What Rifleman wouldn't want to go to a gun show? What, do they need to call them rifle shows? Their will be sooooo many rifles and shooting supplies, you can't imagine. Come to the show, and at least give the Appleseed staff a break.

If we don't keep the gun show tables staffed,  :wall:  Appleseed wont be welcomed back. I have a gun show to work in Sauk City, otherwise  :~

Who benefits from well attended events  :-[ ? "POSTERITY"

K.I.S.S.

Trig

Ok, I took they day off to take care of things that I was going to do Saturday.   You can put me and Wolfie down for Saturday 9-1.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Reckless Rick

Janir I can bring a small DVD player and/or a rifle for some visual stuff...is there a vendor entrance? or would it be OK to walk in At 830 am to get the lay of the land and just tell them project appleseed has a table and I'm there to work the table?

Janir

You can just walk in the front door. Wear some Appleseed gear/hats and get a vendor sticker at the front door.

Quote from: Reckless Rick on February 03, 2012, 10:37:40 AM
Janir I can bring a small DVD player and/or a rifle for some visual stuff...is there a vendor entrance? or would it be OK to walk in At 830 am to get the lay of the land and just tell them project appleseed has a table and I'm there to work the table?
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Reckless Rick

Nick taking the day off is huge,would you be interested in taking the 2nd shift or part of it so that way we have the  appleseed represented all day...Ya know a little divide and conquer

Janir

My thanks to everyone helping out. I know its time out of everyone's busy weekends not actually shooting or instructing, and its plenty of work meeting and greeting. And for some its also a 2+ hour drive just a for a few hours work. This being probably the largest regular firearms show in the largest population center in Wisconsin having a table with a big presence (if you haven't seen the display, it's roughly 10x20 feet with draping - its impressive) makes us look professional - which we are in spirit and belief if not in funding. Heck the last December Milwaukee show the single Appleseed table was bigger presence than the Ron Paul table and they were giving away plenty of stuff. (yes the AS display is that awesome!) Marketing is sometimes a thankless job with most times there is no directly observable results. Heck its, almost as bad as IT work. ;-)
Anyway, I do appreciate the efforts everyone is making to help pull this off.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Janir

The AS table is along the east wall roughly midway down. Can't really miss it.

For those that haven't done a show before, your rifles and any gear (jackets, slings etc) is excellent to bring along. Display rifles tend attract people.

Just a side promotions note Dick Ellis of Onwisconsinoutdoors.com magazine approched me about promoting Appleseeds. Already made the email intros to Trisha.

Also started a email opt-in list for the Wisconsin AS newsletter.

colycat

This is why we have to do shows &)  Great job, Patrick O0
Quote from: Janir on February 03, 2012, 08:09:38 PM

Just a side promotions note Dick Ellis of Onwisconsinoutdoors.com magazine approched me about promoting Appleseeds. Already made the email intros to Trisha.

Also started a email opt-in list for the Wisconsin AS newsletter.

LadyVetch

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Mogget

Spent a very pleasant afternoon at this gun show.  Particularly enjoyed meeting folks and watching TriggerNick assault passers-by with tri-folds.   Really, gun shows are one of the most pleasant promo opportunities!!!

Note to those traveling along I-94 westbound out of Milwaukee:  Near mile marker 255 or so there is a billboard warning folks about the existential threat posed by poor ideological choices.  If you are in the area, it is not to be missed!  A truly unique application of the Looney Tunes trademark...

**)

Mogs

Trig

Assault  is such a strong word!  &). Accurate, but stong...
That's okay, they got to hear what we are about, like it or not...
I think i talked to at least 6 groups of people that seemed genuinely interest (and likely to come), and that makes it time well spent for me/us.

I had a great time even though I couldn't talk the dealer outta his '82 m1a...
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks again for all the help! We really did hit a lot of people. We may even have a few direct sign-ups in the future as a result. I know its work but getting some "mindshare"  of people's minds out there helps make our name grow and that translates eventually into people on the lines.

Next up
Madison Marriott Gun Show  April 6 & 7th (no Sunday) Colycat will be organizing that one.
[/font][/size]