News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Jan, 21-22, 2012

Started by BeSwift, January 22, 2012, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

WOW, what a shoot!!! It seems Marylander's thrive when the weather is at its worst.
Saturday AM, saw several inches of snow, then freezing rain, then mist for the rest of the day.. Temps in the high 20's, topping out around 35... 14 shooters filled the line.. and while off to slow start, finished strong with SIX earning their Rifleman designation..

I was a little doubtful about Sunday attendance chances, but the students were more motivated, with 14 on the line for Day 2! The high was a overcast balmy, 28... :D With a few warm up breaks, all powered thru, all showing great improvement, with additional TWO shooters earning their Rifleman designation, with many repeats by the students who got it on Sat...

Just when I think, the percentages will go down in Maryland, we have a group show up where 50% make it! And in inclement weather to boot! Great job folks.. thank you to our frozen students, and frozen instructors.. O0.You've got 4 weeks to thaw out before the next class. Now we gotta figure out how to top this classes' performance in February!

BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Patent guy

Wow!  Six of 14 would be a great outcome in good weather...but in Winterseed-Patch weather? 
Excellent work everyone.   :bow:
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

VAshooter

Congratulations guy's.

Percentages like that tell me that the instructors are working hard and teaching sound techniques. I'm proud to have worked with you all.

Doug

BeSwift

Quote from: VAshooter on January 25, 2012, 05:11:46 PM
Congratulations guy's.

Percentages like that tell me that the instructors are working hard and teaching sound techniques. I'm proud to have worked with you all.

Doug

Doug,
The honor is ours, and demonstrates the direct impact you've had in guiding us to get the program going in Maryland.. We couldn't have done it without your help, and that's NO BS  (I know there is no I in team, but I gotta give credit where credit is due  :bow: )

Ya gotta knock off this past tense thing though... There's a lot more folks who need your wisdom, experience, and guidance..   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Patent guy

District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

mosinguy

I brought my daughter to this, my second AS.  I had told her about the history, and the education, and she was excited to learn.

she *struggled*.

As a father, it was really hard to watch, but I know enough about her, and father/daughter relationships, to know that I could not be the instructor.

Alex was *absolutely* instrumental in her improvement over the weekend.  Without being a taskmaster, he was able to coach her into a dramatic improvement.  she didn't shot rifleman, but she's seriously motivated.

She's already planning on coming back for the February shoot...   I've got her doing dry fire practice to prep...  :~)

I shot a 216 on the last AQT of the weekend, and this being my second AS, I asked for an orange hat.  I was a little scared with how eagerly it was given...  but I'm up for the challenge!

Blue skies!

Join or Die