News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Jan 14-15 AAR

Started by Lawrence, January 18, 2012, 06:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

FOUR NEW RIFLEMEN this weekend!

Our youngest, Miriam (age 11) came with her Mom and Dad for her first Appleseed! With persistence and a great attitude she earned her patch Sunday afternoon with Dad's "tack driver" 10/22. Proud family photo below.

David invalidated the ROC endorsement he purchased in December by scoring 219, now has all the qualifications needed to pursue his goal of joining the Instructor corps here in NC! A big welcome to EscalatorBuilder.

John, our camper, who struggled with rifle malfunctions all day Saturday, took a loaner LTR and promptly earned the patch!

And Floyd, a previous Appleseeder (Mechanicsville, VA taught by my friend jmdavis) traveled south to Ramseur Sunday morning to take advantage or his ROC card and earn the title of RWVA Rifleman!

Our sincere congratulations to all 13 Appleseeders who attended this weekend. One from northern Virginia, three separate students from the "Tidewater" area of southeastern Virginia and one "Tennesee'n" to balance out the Carolinians . Despite lows in the 20's and highs barely in the 40's (I know, you guy's in Wisconsin think that's Spring) there was no complaining. As the temperatures fell Sunday afternoon everyone needed a little break, so we gathered in the clubhouse and shared marksmanship stories until the feeling returned to our hands. Regardless, it was a great event and everyone enjoyed their time at the "Home Range".

Throughout the weekend, great emphasis was given to our common responsibility as recipients of Liberty, to go forth and awaken others, especially at this decisive time in our nations future. God Bless America!

Please add your photos and observations.

iron pony

At least two from this weekend were planning to go home to VA and take up Orange Hats.   Be on the look out VA shoot bosses....
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

jmdavis

Sounds like a great shoot guys. Congratulations!!!
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

EscalatorBuilder

Guys,
I enjoyed the weekend.  Unfortunately Lawrence, I would love to take the 219 on the AQT, but it was an ugly victory with a 211.  I just barely squeaked by the minimum requirement.  I would like to go one more time and get that rifleman score higher and a little more respectable.  I'm going to think very carefully on the orange hat idea.  I enjoy the time, the lessons and the training during the event.

BTW, the guy "Jeff", mentioned in Lawrence's post above, is actually Floyd Martin.  He had scored rifleman in VA and came to Ramseur to show me how to do it (sort of a friendly competition on who's the better shooter).  He clearly won and he hit rifleman scores in the 220's and 230's all that day.  We both had a great time.  My goal is to out shoot my buddy Floyd so I can have the bragging rights next time.

Enjoyed it sincerely and hope to see the guys from Ramseur again soon.
David (AKA Escalator Builder)
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The Wolfhound

I know I can speak for the Virginia corps on this:  Great Job!  You will certainly be welcome on the line with us this year and down the road.  That seventh step is not all that hard. >:D

CplTurner

Congratulations to our new Riflemen! Great Appleseed last weekend with a great group of participants. We hope you will all come visit us again soon at the RWVA Home Range!

Your in Freedom,
Allen Turner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches