News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas IBC!!

Started by starfox, January 16, 2012, 02:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

Texas Instructor Corps!

We will be having an IBC here at the DFW Quail Creek Range Feb 3-4th.  It is not on eventbrite as of yet, which I am working to get listed.  I highly recommend the IBC to all IITs and even RedHats as a great way to get immersion into the Instructor Manual and points of instruction and history.  We will spend two full days going over all POI and History, and running a mock Appleseed to give attendees a chance to run a line and serve as RSO/LSO.

This event will be moving forward regardless if we manage to get it listed in time.  Please RSVP to me on the forum if you can attend.  Note:  There are no advancements in IIT rank at an IBC, but attending one will definitely increase the likelihood you will advance more quickly on the Trail.

I look forward to seeing many fellow instructors at the event; the first IBC in the DFW metroplex!!

-Starfox
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Two Wolves

This could be my first dumb question for this morning. Is an IBC limited to instructors only or are Applecore personnel welcome? What is the cost for an IBC. What are the start and finish times. I'm trying to figure in travel time with that question. Regards, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

floydf

For any out of towners looking for accommodations: we live in Garland, and I will be attending, and we have two guest rooms with one king and one single, if anyone is interested.  It's about an hour away from the Quail Creek range. 

Floyd
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

starfox

Two Wolves,

That is a good question.  I am sure Applecore volunteers are welcome to attend an Instructor Boot Camp, but the curriculum is geared towards instructors, so may or may not be of interest to Applecore.  Applecore can serve as RSO/LSO, so that portion of the instruction would be beneficial, but the vast majority of the course goes over essentially the entire Instructor Manual and some KD aspects from the RBC.

The cost is $70 for the 2 day course.  Women, youth under 21, active military, active LEO are free.
Instructors or IITs who have attended an IBC or RBC prior are free (considered a "refresher").

Thanks,
-Andrew

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

davecampperry

I have serious plans to attend, subject only to finances. I am retired and can show up early and stay late as needed. I sleep in my RV but a shower is greatly appreciated. dave
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

starfox

All,

This event has been postponed until we can get a qualified SI out to instruct the event.  I was under the mistaken impression that a seasoned shoot boss could instruct.  My sincere apologies. 

However I will bribe one of our SIs in Texas to instruct an IBC before summer, so please stay tuned.

Thanks,
Starfox

Davilla 3-10

Reddot

Andrew,
PM inbound.
Chuck

scuzzy

Quote from: starfox on January 16, 2012, 01:05:01 PM
Two Wolves,

That is a good question.  I am sure Applecore volunteers are welcome to attend an Instructor Boot Camp, but the curriculum is geared towards instructors, so may or may not be of interest to Applecore. 

Two Wolves would probably be interested. He's not just an AppleCore kind of guy.

And if Reddot shows up I'll try and hitch a ride so I can come too.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BttrNtChprThnDrt

I'm interested if you schedule another.

Reddot

I'm working something out for an instructor to cover the class; more to follow on dates.
Looking forward to seeing all of the DFW instructors!!!