News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

manhattan Jan 13-14

Started by kDan, January 14, 2012, 12:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I just wanted to post this.  The best reason for a Manhattan event. 

Will's First Rifle Target Ever:

Will's Second Rifle Target Ever:

Instructor Credit:  SunnyAM

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SPQR

We're gonna win!  We're so gonna win.   O0  :---
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

kDan

Thanks Fred, and SPQR.

SPQR, the Instructor responsible for shrinking the groups in the photos is the daughter of the bear with cubs you had on the line in Kentucky last year. 

That was night one.  It was the first time we ever got in to shoot on Friday night.  I think we'll be able to do that from now on at least for an hour.  We had 9 shooters last night, even though the event was only listed for about a week.  The demand for Appleseed is high in these parts.

This was also the first Appleseed, Manhattan or not, where every Instructor was a resident of New York City.  I let SunnyAM run the show like a Red Hat with minimal interference and she showed that this stuff runs deep with her.  We have to use five round mags here in the city, and she holds up an AQT and is like "Ten rounds two minutes standing, then five and five stage two in 55 seconds, stage three is 3 rounds on this bull, change NPOA, put last two from that mag into the center target, change mags and one more, then change NPOA and put your 4 remaining rounds into the third target.  You have 65 seconds to do that.  Stage 4 two rounds here, change NPOA, two more here, change NPOA, last round from that mag here, change mags, two more rounds, change NPOA to this bull, last 3 rounds in the final target."  First time explaining the Manhattan AQT (fyi - we have no prone position, standing the all sitting) and she did all this without batting an eye.  Math in Public.   Can't wait to see what she does with IMC.

BrooklynBound called the line on Saturday.  I thought he was a quiet one, and I was wondering if he could sound off in that noisy room full of rifles, but you know what?  I could hear him outside the sound-proofed room, outside the offices of Westside, down the hall, in the bathroom with the water running.  He's not quiet.  He just saves it for when it's due.

Beefy did a great job on the line, doing demos, six steps and even told the Third Strike!

We got a team here folks.  About 2/3 of the shooters were returnees as well.  We'll be back in one month!

Some photos:

Where you at!

Here we are!

The guy who won the Red Coat Blast is from Denmark.  First Appleseed Oval in that country, I reckon!

The group listening to SunnyAM.

SunnyAM runnin' the show.

BrooklynBound trying to read my hand-writing.

Beefy.  No doubt.

Westside Alumni:
Travis Bickle

and LEO's

Penalty box (NPOA violations)

I think this type of headgear might come in handy at Calverton.   ::)

Civil Air Patrol on the scene!  If Dave has his way, we may host an event for a whole mess of these guys!

Ken is consistently our best Shooter.  Corporate scouts suspect he may have a future with the company.

A bucket full of .45 acp.  Drool on, boys.

Quote the Four Safety Rules, get an Air-Conditioned Shirt.  Spring is almost here!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

R1SGx2

Nice work by all,
Looks like Will listens and applies very well-steady hold factors and not fussing the shot works... NPOA trust and believe in it.
O0 O0
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."