News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Evansville, IN 12-31-2011

Started by Mudcat, January 01, 2012, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

My gosh what a LONGGGGGG day! We had a blast! :~ :~ :~ The last Appleseed shoot of 2011 and the first Redcoat of 2012 was done yesterday and into the wee early morning hours of today. A special thanks to all that came out to help us put 2011 into the record books. A big thanks to all those that stayed and helped us ring in the new year for Appleseed.
Throughout the long 16 hour day we managed 2 Riflemen and a Riflewoman as well as 1 new IIT. Congratulations to Derick, Terra and James and to Shifty get to work man time is a wasting. I will post some more later just wanted to get this up as soon as possible.

Here is the crew that hung it out to ring in the new Appleseed year, with our toast of sparkling grape juice.  O0 HUZZAH!!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

slim

I know this is gonna be a great year!

Uncle Davey

Great day it was! Got to shoot my Garand for the first time   :~  Got me some good shooting and grub...perfect!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

yellowhousejake

I really wish we could have been there. As it turned out our schedule allowed it but I was too sick and Nurse Niecie would not allow camping. I hope you got more pictures!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Mudcat

You know we were way way to busy to be taking any pictures.  ~~:)

But I did manage to snap a few.
Here is HQ calling the line. Yes even the shooters get put to work at a Mudcat shoot.

Here is what the line looked like at night with the lights on. It looks like there is glare on the backers and targets but it really wasn't that bad at all. All of our Riflemen came after the sun went down but 1.

I kn ow there were other cameras there so we should see some more pics.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

AuntieBellum

What a great time!  I'll admit, I had to take a short nap to make it to midnight (yeah, yeah, insert old jokes here), but it was a blast.  We had be-a-utiful weather, and everyone was a joy to be with.  I really can't imagine a better way to say goodbye to 2011 and embark on 2012.

Opening redcoat:

Sur+ and Mudcat are a couple of top-notch instructors.  Fantastic instruction all day long, gentlemen.

Brother and sister share a moment while listening to Sur+ and Mudcat.

My view during the midnight redcoat volley.  It was dark and my flash doesn't go far, but it's all I could muster while changing mags.   ;D

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Magloader

WOW!!

Looks like everyone had fun getting out in freezing temperature!!! Wish I could have made it there. I shall have to make a trip there this year sometime.
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Rimshot

Ahem, yes.  The cold weather.  It's true such conditions test the mettle of your average Appleseeder.  Good marksmanship in such sub-Arctic temperatures prove our spirits are brave, the men are real men, the women are real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri are real small furry creatures of Alpha Centauri.

Alas, this weekend was not particularly cold.  Not to suggest this weekend's attendees were anything less than troopers, though.  A full one-day Appleseed plus a night shoot and a midnight volley made for a marksmanship marathon that will earn these shooters a page in the history books. 

I got a couple photos on my phone. Sorry it doesn't do well at night :-[.  Here goes...

Riflemen earning their patches:

Thanks everyone for coming out and it was great to welcome 2012 with you!
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ