News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock, WA Dec. 31/Jan1 AAR

Started by Joni, January 01, 2012, 01:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

We have had so much rain in the last week, it was a pleasant surprise to get through today's shoot without any rain!! We may actually have a little sunshine tomorrow and 48 degrees, well, we will let you know how that turns out!! Today's temp stayed close to the same all day, averaged somewhere around 36 to 38 degrees. No winterseed weather here!  We did appreciate the wrapped up pop up, kept the cool air off, felt warmer, and we even turned on the propane heater a couple of times! Had plenty of hot coffee/chocolate/cider and snacks!

A great big Congratulations to Brandon on his rifleman patch! The picture you see is his Grandpa giving him his patch. A proud moment for both.

Congratulations Jo on cleaning your Saturday morning Red Coat! OK, we know you can shoot, tomorrow, the patch!!

Thank you Earl for coming, it is always such a blessing to see you!

Thank you Kelly, Brandon and Jo for braving the elements on such a great day!! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

If it appears there are more instructors then guests, well, some of our guests stayed home and instructors took their place on the line!! 

Joni

More pictures, most of them I will put on picasa and put out a link as usual.

Joni

OK, lets try that again!!

George Hacker

Brandon, congratulations on earning your rifleman's patch. O0  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!

Wade, you must be a very proud grandpa.  Congratulations to you also.  :D

Jo - you are next.  Excellent work clearing that red coat target.  Hits count!  Get in your bubble and teach that AQT a lesson tomorrow.   :)

Nice to see Earl on the line.  A man and his M1 Garand -- it is a wonderful thing.  Wish I could have been there with my Garand to shoot with you.  Perhaps another time.

Joni - you are getting a little too pampered with that enclosed pop-up. ;)  Thanks for all you do to serve the shooters and other instructors.  It means a lot.

Theophilus - it is nice to see that new red hat put to good use.  It is definitely your color.  Kenjo - nice to see you out there working the line.  Hope you had a successful hunting season.  ..:..

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Earl

RL, Wade. Theopolis, Joni, Kenjo, Prescott, Jo, Brandon, Kelly thanks for a great day at the Appleseed with people that care. Hope to see you all on the trail.

for those that aren't monitoring the forum obsessively I give you the link to my reply about this Appleseed and my pictures and a few stolen from Joni, those were great drop cookies. Thanks again. What a wonderful way to leave that old year.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

TruTenacity

Those in the NorthWest show the rest of us the best way to bring one year to an end.  HUZZAH!

Congratulations Brandon!

Jo, nice Red Coat!  I'm sure a Rifleman's score will be showing up soon.

Wade, nice to see you home.

Earl, trigger time.  Oh ya!

Theophilus, boy does that Red Hat suit you.

Kenjo, nice seeing you working a shoot.  Any chance you'll make it east in 2012?

Prescott, thanks for stepping up and taking on the State Coordinator's job for Oregon.  You're help in all of the Northwest is greatly appreciated.

RL, thanks for continuing to bring Jo to Appleseed.  She's a hoot and brings sunshine to any line she's on.

Joni, thanks for posting pictures.  Did I read something about cookies?

All, thanks for showing us how to bring in the new year.  I can't wait to see New Year's pictures for the Northwest Region.

Again, HUZZAH!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

06en

Brandon shooting a Rifleman score is a wonderful example of how heart lifting it is to see the passing on of our shared Heritage. May it blossom and spread Liberty to all of our posterity long after we who are here now, are long gone.

Congratulations Brandon!  O0

Wade

Joni not only brought cookies but also hot cocoa and coffey or a mix of bolth if you wanted  O0 O0 O0  an old year ended with a shoot and a new one brought in with the same shoot  ,,,I ask what could be better ?

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

kenjo

An excellent weekend--two dedicated shooters, with one earning his Rifleman patch after much hard work and discipline. Congratulations to Brandon! We also had a new shooter, Kelly, who showed great progress in 2 days, thanks to an excellent attitude toward learning a lot of new material and working on the 6 steps to firing the shot. I was very impressed with how much she improved from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. She'll be wearing a Rifleman patch soon, I predict.
Thanks to SBIT and range host, Wade, for generously providing us with a place to shoot. As always, working with Wade, Dave, Joni, Earl, Prescott and, of course, RL was a pleasure. I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend. Of course, a little bit of snow would have been nice so we could call it a winterseed, but I'll settle for the dry weather. I'm looking forward to more fun in 2012, including, I hope, some Appleseeds next door in Idaho.
Happy New Year!   ^:)^
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

What a great way to close out the end of the year in the NW.  Two days of beautiful winter weather.

Brandon, congratulations on the Rifleman's patch.   I will need to bring my sons more often next year, and you can teach them about persistence.

Jo, I thought this was going to be your weekend.  You were shooting so good all day and were knocking until the extractor fell out.   Can I recommend super glue?

Saturday was a lot of fun, as I came to instruct but got to shoot all day.  Huzzah!  It was great seeing everyone,  and I could not think of a better group of instructors to spend the last day of the year with.

I was especially great seeing Earl again, as it has been about a year since our paths have crossed.   I hope it is not another year until we get to shoot together again.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

kenjo

Quote from: Earl on January 01, 2012, 11:47:49 AM
RL, Wade. Theopolis, Joni, Kenjo, Prescott, Jo, Brandon, Kelly thanks for a great day at the Appleseed with people that care. Hope to see you all on the trail.

for those that aren't monitoring the forum obsessively I give you the link to my reply about this Appleseed and my pictures and a few stolen from Joni, those were great drop cookies. Thanks again. What a wonderful way to leave that old year.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19322.msg204529#msg204529 The reply from 31 Dec 2011,

I tried to look at this link, but got this message: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." What's the secret handshake?

;-)
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

George Hacker

Quote from: kenjo on January 05, 2012, 12:01:53 PM
Quote from: Earl on January 01, 2012, 11:47:49 AM
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19322.msg204529#msg204529 The reply from 31 Dec 2011,

I tried to look at this link, but got this message: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." What's the secret handshake?
Same hear - don't have access.  And that is happening on some other boards and messages as well in the Appleseed forums.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

06en

Sorry guys. The reason you cannot see it YET, is because it is in the Shoot Boss section of the Forum. Sometimes some of us forget that not everyone has access to all parts of the forum. Good news for both kenjo and ShadowMan is that you both are only 1 PC away from gaining access to that section.  O0

Joni

OK, sorry I took my sweet time about getting these pictures into a good way to see them!! Picasa ran out of room, and I didn't want to up grade, so went to photobucket, learning curve got in the way, but I think I have enough to get it posted!

Sat. pics:
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/JoniWagner/Castle%20Rock%20WA%20Dec%2031%202011/

Sun. pics:
http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb417/JoniWagner/Castle%20Rock%20WA%20Jan%2001%202012/

Please feel free to take any pics you want, and although I did test the links, if they don't work for you please let me know, thanks! and enjoy!