News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manhattan Dec 9-10

Started by kDan, December 30, 2011, 04:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Yeah, I know it's way over-due, but I'm cleaning up my camera and figured better late than never to get these pics up.  Don't worry, ADOM, the IAAR is next...  if I can find my paperwork.

It was another great event. 

Again, the ladies dominate...   Check out Heather's WinterSeed patch!  WOOO!

Would you believe this is the best pic I got of our home range re-enactor?  Thanks, Norman.

Norman got ambushed by Tushar.

Our Instructor Crew on Saturday night.

Groups

I can never tell if SunnyAM is being sarcastic...   what do you think?

Jerry, an exceptionally nice person.

SURPRISE!!!  I'VE GOT A CAMERA!!!

I'm smiling cuz that's one of Charlie Hotel's slings I'm giving to Ana after she won the shooting contest.

Gave away his rifle last month...

When zombies attack!   ...btw, they're both dummies...  hey, wait a min...

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

SPQR

unbelievable to see it done where it is, how it is, by a bunch of city slickers.  unreal.   O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

sgtrock

Dan

What an Outstanding job of Stepping into a place, that forever, has been, the one place that you would have never thought to be able to do this,,, Who would have thought that there was even a Range in Manhattan, New York City,,,,

So meanwhile,,, (as you are fine tuning Manhatten),,,, Are there any plans for an Appleseed in Central Park????? ++)

I must say that is A Fine looking group there, 50% Ladies on the line!!! How Awesome is that,,,,,  I hope to see all of you folks to an Appleseed in the country,,, Burlington Flats 4.5 hrs away,,, has 5 shoots scheduled for 2012, Starting  3-4 March 2012 (winterseed),, bring warm clothes, plus the club house is heated,,,

Nice Job Instructors and its good to see your smilin faces,,,

sgtrock

kDan

Quote from: sgtrock on December 31, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
I hope to see all of you folks to an Appleseed in the country,,, Burlington Flats 4.5 hrs away

We just brought 12 Manhattan shooters to Calverton yesterday in four cars.  Six Instructors came out to shoot right along side.  We shot all day, even through the rain, then went out for BBQ and Ice Teas.  Loads of fun.  Unfortunately my camera malfunctioned, or I'd be all over the AAR thread with photos. 

Maybe we should set up a Manhattan only AS at B Flats.  I reckon we could sell that out.  Don't know if you heard, but there's a lot of people in NYC!

I figure it's easier to bring them to you than to ask you to negotiate the Cross Bronx Expressway again.   !@#)  (that's you)   :pop:  (that's me)

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

sgtrock

Quote from: kDan on January 01, 2012, 11:48:58 AM
Quote from: sgtrock on December 31, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
I hope to see all of you folks to an Appleseed in the country,,, Burlington Flats 4.5 hrs away

We just brought 12 Manhattan shooters to Calverton yesterday in four cars.  Six Instructors came out to shoot right along side.  We shot all day, even through the rain, then went out for BBQ and Ice Teas.  Loads of fun.  Unfortunately my camera malfunctioned, or I'd be all over the AAR thread with photos. 

Maybe we should set up a Manhattan only AS at B Flats.  I reckon we could sell that out.  Don't know if you heard, but there's a lot of people in NYC!

I figure it's easier to bring them to you than to ask you to negotiate the Cross Bronx Expressway again.   !@#)  (that's you)   :pop:  (that's me)

Dan,,,,, That is/was toooooo funny,,,, Very confusing driving down around there, when you are not familiar with the territory, but we made it,,,

Manhattan Appleseed at Burlington Flats you betcha, I'll start making plans, give us people,,, gives us dates,,, It'll be great,,,

I was just there, load testing another .45 load for my Springfield, lots of mud no snow and warm for now...

sgtrock

CharlieHotel

This was a fun event. This was my third Manhattan seed and it seems they evolve a bit each time. A challenging and Interesting Venue, Kdan manages to make it better each time.

P.S Dan, I got my sling back on new years eve... :-)

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

VietVet

Just a few more photos I took at this event.

Just so all know the rifles used in the "Classroom" are dummies.
No reason to be concerned that some are standing in front of them.

Speaking of dummies....maybe someone can teach me that photobucket thingy!

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

kDan

Quote from: CharlieHotel on January 01, 2012, 10:20:20 PM
P.S Dan, I got my sling back on new years eve... :-)

Hakuna Matada.    ..:.. 

Quote from: VietVet on January 02, 2012, 09:38:41 AM
Just so all know the rifles used in the "Classroom" are dummies.
No reason to be concerned that some are standing in front of them.

That the rifles are de-commissioned is true, but concern is still there and we try to stay out of the way - muscle memory and all.  I guess it looks chaotic with us in front of shooters and me and the boy engaging zombies, but in reality we don't even sweep each other with broomsticks (see above).  Those rifles have the firing pins removed and there is really no margin to maneuver in that tiny classroom.  Observers are standing between folded desks pushed against the wall and the feet of the prone "shooters".  You Appleseed with the facilities you've got, not the facilities you wish you had, and we couldn't wish for a better host than Westside. Thanks to Darren and everybody for letting us have our run of the place.  It's amazing what they have there in Manhattan. 

Students do NOT step in front of the "rifles".

As some of you may know, I'm not the best at organizing things, and if one were to recognize a more uncompromising criterion than that presently under precedent, then maintaining a solid consistent working presence on the forum could be listed among my weaker logistical proclivities... but we did finally manage to get another Manhattan event scheduled and listed.  It's in less than two weeks.  Maybe we can get some people to sign up.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2697262585%20%20%20%20%20
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

omygod...

In that last photo, whose belly is that?  They appear to be eating a cookie and have my glasses hanging from their shirt...

omygod... 

Rich, you may not know how to use photobucket, but it appears you do know how to use photoshop, cuz that ain't real!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

VietVet

Quote from: kDan on January 04, 2012, 10:10:49 AM
omygod...

In that last photo, whose belly is that?  They appear to be eating a cookie and have my glasses hanging from their shirt...

omygod... 

Rich, you may not know how to use photobucket, but it appears you do know how to use photoshop, cuz that ain't real!

Well....there's a reason we call him BIG MATT!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!