News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp, Feb. 18-19, 2012

Started by DrJohn, December 30, 2011, 01:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

Fellow Appleseeders,

It is my pleasure and honor to inform you, on behalf of our State Coordinator Friedenmeister, that Georgia will host an Instructor Boot Camp at Pinetucky Gun Club in Augusta, Georgia on the weekend of Feb. 18-19, 2012. PHenry has graciously agreed to come up from Florida along with ITSanSKS and to run the event. It is gratefully appreciated, since Florida is scheduled to have some 50 Appleseed weekend events in 2012, and ITSanSKS is in the process of relocating to Alaska. For those of you who are familiar with them, they are two of the ablest and most dedicated instructors in the country. After ITSanSKS leaves to go to Alaska early this spring, we will not have another convenient chance to work with him, and PHenry will have his hands full in Florida getting the Florida events staffed without the help of ITSanSKS.

There are several reasons to attend the IBC. One is to become the very best instructors we can be. There will be a heavy emphasis on Simplicity and Precision, and those who have instructed with OldFudd or me know how essential these two factors are in running the accelerated, or hybrid, AS format. Second, we will have a chance to ask questions in a small group atmosphere of two of the best rifle marksmanship instructors in the country. Third is that it will give us a rare opportunity to develop our own in-state Senior Instructor-IBC/RBC. With this capability, we can have our own, geographically convenient IBC, RBC, and instructor-only Known Distance Clinic program. At present, we all have to travel a long distance in order to attend these advanced education events. In the future, we can have these right here in Georgia. The construction of the new long-distance Appleseed-friendly venue at Rising Fawn makes this a very real and fairly convenient addition to our Georgia Appleseed program. Last, this upcoming IBC will allow us to enjoy the company of some of the finest people in the world, fellow Appleseed instructors, in a small and pleasant atmosphere.

Please make every effort to attend. Your attendance is highly encouraged and most appreciated. If there are some who may be deterred by the registration fee, please contact me before you make any final decision. We want to get as many as possible to participate. I look forward to seeing all of you soon on the Appleseed "trail".

In Liberty,

DrJohn
912 223-5808
jfsampson@comcast.net
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

Morpheus

This is great news DrJohn!

I have three OH's ready to sign up as soon as we can!

What a great opportunity this is to improve our skills as instructors. I agree, this will be some of the finest people gathered together. Especially if that company includes you and OldFudd. I can't remember if I met ITSanSKS or if it was PHenry at my first AS in Toccoa (maybe both?) when you were the SB. That event definitely elevated my interest and enthusiasm for our forefather's fight for liberty. I do not want to miss an opportunity to attend an event that they are hosting. We are marking our calendars.

Thank you, and Friedenmeister, for all you do for GA and our country.

Steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Ramblin' Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Johnnyappleseed

An  IBC is an event you will never forget. I had the honor of attending with Junior Birdman.

Information ,fun and cameradery O0

Ummmmmmmmm Feburary huh  :D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Red Niva

Great! My dad (bolt212), my mom (Gretchen), and me are planning on going!! Cant wait to be there!!!!! O0
"Darkness is returning to Paradise. Are you ready?" Johnny Drake

"From the desert has come a voice crying in the wilderness, and his name is John. Johnny Drake to be more precise. But ask his disciples and they will tell you his mission is no less defined than the mission of John the Baptist, who first introduced the Light from heaven to the world over two thousand years ago. The multitudes listened to John, who told them that Jesus of Nazareth was the Way to God. Then Herod toke John's head.
  Now the question begs us: Will the world listen to Johnny Drake? And who will take his head?"   Quote from the book, "Sinner" by Ted Dekker

Ramblin' Wreck

All,
We did an AS at this range last weekend and it is a wonderful facility with a huge meeting room. Let's try to fill it up.

Hope to see you there.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown