News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - 2011Dec17-18

Started by mal, December 20, 2011, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Only 5 braved the brisk December mornings at Manheim this month; Gary & his friend Mark, Craig & his friend Chad and last, but not least Eric, already a Rifleman, but back to test out a new rifle. 

It was a bit cold Saturday with some sleet in the afternoon that initially melted on the slightly warmer ground... at least until the ground cooled as well.  Sunday welcomed us with a light blanket of sleet/snow on the ground that remained a good part of the day.  (1st pic)

Sunday yielded 2 Riflemen;  I was hesitant to make the call on qualifying this as a Winterseed, but it topped out at 32 degrees & with the sleet it juuuust made the grade.

At his first Appleseed Chad scored a 215 on a staged AQT immediately followed by a 210 on a rapid fire AQT.  (2nd pic)  Well done!

Shortly after Gary scored a 210 on a staged AQT. (3rd pic)  Nice job!  Being that he made his entry into the Rifleman ranks with an exact 210, Gary got the North Bridge Water indoctrination.  (4th pic)

Congrats to both of you! 

Gary also stepped up to take an Orange Hat. (5th pic) Thank you!  You'll be a great asset to the RWVA. 
We'll be seeing Chad at the next event where he plans on doing that same.

Craig & Mark were both well into the Marksman ranks, improving greatly over the weekend & should be earning Rifleman at their next shoot.  Eric was on track to requalify with his AR several times, but was plaged with gear issues.

Thank you all for coming out.  I hope to see each of you next month... as soon as i get  2012 dates finalized with the club.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

GEmanuel

Guys it was chilly, but, the weekend was a  good one largely because you all had wonderful attitudes and made the event a great deal of fun!
To Gary and Chad, congratulations!
Merry Christmas to all,
George ^:)^
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Roverace

I would like to thank Mal and George for the excellent instruction.Third time was the charm for me.I am looking forward to helping out in this great program. It was great to see Eric again I met him at the Mannheim October shoot when I brought my family,Made some new Friends with Craig and Chad, and my buddy mark is ready to come back to go for his patch.George,hard to believe that this was only your second appleseed as a orange hat you did a great job. I only hope I'll be able to do half as good as you did by then.  O0

Merry Christmass to all

Gary

P.S. Thanks for the nice email Craig