News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA- 12/17-18/11 AAR

Started by luv2Bfree, December 19, 2011, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv2Bfree

WOW!!! It was COLD!
But we had some hardy shooters, who braved the temps.

lupis42 SB'd Saturday and I, luv2Bfree, SB'd on Sunday:

On Sunday:
The thermometer stated 19 degrees around 8:30am, and by 3:30pm, when the sun dropped behind the berm,. it had risen to a balmy 29degrees...

Keith and Shlomo were troopers! Shlomo brought out an Enfield, and shot with it through the series of five-squares targets, and switched it out for a loaner 10/22 for the timed QDAQTs. Keith sported an AR with a .22 conversion.

A BIG Thank You to the IITs who helped make it a great day:
davidgw1, Fuzzy, Nightjade and MetalgodZ.
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

AmericaStandsStrong

This was a pretty small shoot overall, but none the less, a good one. On Saturday, myself and my Dad (Mr.Freedom) helped instruct and Matt (Lupis42) was the shootboss. We started Saturday with 2 shooters Keith and Tim. Keith wasn't able to stay for too long before having to head out, but it was still very nice to have him there. He didn't shoot much, but the groups that he did shoot were very nice! It stayed around 30 degrees all day and was pretty cold, at least it didn't start snowing though. I believe the weather drove a lot of people away. That, and the fact that it was the last weekend before Christmas. Tim toughed it out until the end of the day using what I believe was a Stevens model 66 bolt action, tube-fed rifle. I want to say we were able to run three stage by stage targets, and on the last one Tim shot Rifleman with a 210  O0. Due to the cold, we decided to be nice and not douse him with water, but if he ever attends another shoot in warmer weather, let's hope for his sake he doesn't accidentally bring it up  ;D.  I shot one of the AQT's with my Marlin 795, and re-qualified for Rifleman with a 225. So since it was below 32 degrees, Tim and I both got some nice Winterseed patches  :D. I didn't take too many pictures, but I will post what ones I did take.

-Blake

AmericaStandsStrong

On our way out to Harvard!

Tim's rifle

Keith's rifle. He didn't shoot off the bi-pod, but when not shooting decided to use it to rest the rifle.

Me receiving my Winterseed patch after re-qualifying with a 225.

The good thing about a bolt action, is that it takes 15 seconds to clean up brass :).

Tim accepting his Winterseed patch! Huzzah! I hope to see you down the trail Tim. You are a very good shot and you were a very attentive student. *cough* Orange Hat *cough*  ;)