News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Davilla, TX Dec 17-18, 2011

Started by dragit, December 19, 2011, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

4 Riflemen and 1 Riflewoman on Saturday.  We had some shooters.  :) 

Rain and cold weather were forecast, but Rachel (aka Bullet) and Rachel (aka Sunshine) brought good weather with them.  Thanks Bullet for bringing Sunshine with you!  Also congrats Bullet for breaking through after several previous AS shoots with a 225 and backing it up with a 220.  Being able to see makes a difference.

Scuzzy's son Steve came out and almost scored a 210 with a 211 (inside joke). 

Aaron, a Marine, scored a 211 with a factory sighted Ruger.  First time I have seen that.  He also had to hold off on Stage 4.  And he did this even though his friend also placed six extra rounds into his target.  Fortunately his friend shot well enough that the points Aaron lost were still enough to score 211.  Would have been closer to 220.  John was Aaron's unwelcome contributor.  I believe he would have scored Rifleman but he was determined to match his friend with a stock sighted 10/22.  Unfortunately it did not happen.  Next time John.

Aaron's other friend Mike also scored Rifleman with a borrowed 10/22.

Miguel, Sr. brought Miguel, Jr. from my hometown Grand Prairie, TX.  Miguel, Sr. scored Rifleman and his son will soon also I believe.

Sunday six shooters went to the KD range with Scout.  Floyd, an IIT from Dallas area came down to be able to shoot KD.  Thanks Floyd for letting me try your Ruger Scout rifle.

A big thanks to Aaron, Mike and John for steak, hot dogs and biscuits Saturday night (Scout you missed it  :pop:) and eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls Sunday morning.

Thanks to Scout, Reddot (great to see you again), scuzzy, Reliable, zonkertx, Alarmlist76, AlmostReliable and Jed Dunning for making my weekend easy.

May God watch over us all through the holidays and see you next year.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Reddot

This may well be the best Appleseed I've attended yet.  A great group of shooters, motivated and persistent, with a great student to instructor ratio and a very organized Shoot Boss (thanks Tommy--never seen it done better) led to 4 AQTs on Saturday, with 5 making the grade, all on Saturday!
Definitely one for the record book!  It was really great seeing all my Brothers--an early Christmas present, indeed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

scuzzy

Yeah, that was one of the best groups I've ever seen. I really had a good time. Heck, even the weather cooperated. It was supposed to be cool and rainy. Instead it was nice and sunny.

And all the patches given out! Wow.

What a great group. There's still hope for this country I'd say.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AlarmList76

Please see a few pictures from the weekend.  I forgot my camera and had to make do with my very old cellphone.  I know some others got pictures.  Please share.