News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Moxee, WA _ Winterseed Dec 17/18, 2012 AAR

Started by Joni, December 17, 2011, 11:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

It was another wonderful Appleseed shoot, freezing cold all day, low fog hung around all day too!! I have a few pictures to share, mostly I let 3 others do the picture taking and I watched the hot coffee/chocolate, and the propane heater in my wrapped up pop up!  :)

Joni

Thanks everyone for making my weekend such a delight! ...well, having the wrapped popups blow over was not one of my highlights, but everyone was incredibly quick in helping get things taken down, and we only had the last 2 hrs. or so without it - thanks so much!

Of course the highest delight of my weekend was Theophilus taking on the Red Hat! Thanks hon!! EARL, got it done, on to the next step!! Yes, forward!!   ~~:),   >:D

Congratulations to the 3 new riflemen! Hope to see you folks along the Appleseed Trail really soon!

And instructors, you are family, love you all so much and always look forward to working with you again!

here are all the pictures I took Dec. 17/18, 2012. It is a picasa link, please feel free to take any picture you like, and if the link doesn't work let me know!

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2011_12_1718MoxeeWAAppleseed?authkey=Gv1sRgCIPt1dWM8MOGuQE

Sparkss

:-) you guys are awesome, thank you for letting me join the family.

fog.... FREEZING FOG and WIND ( wind with fog ? no way!... yep the impossible does happen)

I had a great time learning the Line, thank you for your patients Thank you for all the great  help  George and Dave :-)  now lets see if I can test Theo's patients in my training ( please don't start calling me Grasshopper):-) hehe

Good job o6en !! good job everyone !!   love you guys and gals  Merry  Christmas!

a few notes

1) my brake noise was a rock I must have picked it up on the way in ... squealed like crazy the 1st  mile on the hi-way,  no damage to the disc.... breathes a sigh of relief.

2) god provides, I stopped at the military surplus store today , they had 2 solid green arctic coats rather used condition for $50 each without the $40 liner ... The Good-Will store is across the street  ( my wife and I  go in there looking for books lol ) well we head down the isle to the books and there right there in front of me is the same jacket in green brand new condition ... for (drum roll) $12.... in my size with liner and arctic hood  all I can say is ...god provides , I wont push it... lol if I need pants I guess they will fall out of the sky on my way home ? lol  ( my point in all this? you ask ? bye bye cold weather camo :-) is there a Shoot in January ?  snicker

3)RR, I forgot to send it along with TT, I might have to make a trip your way after christmas and say hello after all.
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  Jesus Christ, Matt 10:34

I Would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens , and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. we can never be safe till this is done. "
Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe 1823 (burgh 13:261)

Joni

Was such a pleasure to work with you Sparkss, I know there will be many more!
Joni

Ducko

Great photos Joni, thanks for posting them, congrats to the new rifleman, and especially congrats to Theo for that Red Hat! I think you have the biggest grin in the photos!
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Reformed Redneck

To all,

I got the debriefing when the clan members got home last night. I appreciate the pictures. Isn't it amazing how many people want to come out for an Appleseed in the middle of winter?

Theophilus looks pretty good in that red hat. Congratulations! I regret I wasn't there to finally meet Shadowman and to work the shoot with you all.

I hear that there are some really aspiring Riflemen among those who came. Keep persisting. Congratulations to those who earned their patches. You've embarked on the first step of becoming Riflemen through and through.

Best of regards to you all.
RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

Another great shoot in Yakima! Was glad that I was able to make it, though it was another COLD one. I always enjoy working with my Appleseed family. :)

A huge thank you to all our persistent, not to mention tough, attendees who came out (some from quite a distance) to experience another Yakima Winterseed! Thanks to the range for hosting another shoot: can't wait for next year's schedule.

Congratulations to Theophilus on EARNING that red hat! It has been an honor to work with you, and learn from you. Thanks for your generosity in letting me shoot, telling me I COULD make Rifleman with iron sights, and helping me learn even more about sighting in tech sights.

Congrats also to Perry and Mark on their rifleman scores! It was a pleasure working with you guys, and hope to see you both back!

Lexi, way to work that bolty! So fun to watch YOU having fun! ;)

Dex, only a single shot away from getting that rifleman patch! Do some dry-practice, come on back, and you'll make it.

Renee, great to meet you! You are such a fast learner. You made my job easy with your teachable attitude. SO looking forward to seeing you on the line again! O0

Lena, it was good to meet you too. I hope to see you back, and hopefully with not so many rifle malfunctions! But you overcame, and did really well!

Justin, didn't get a chance to work with you, but thank you for your service. We'll see you back in Yakima, and bring those friends!

Jerry, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Joni, thanks so much for the hot chocolate and keeping us all warm!

Jo, it was great to meet you! I'm sure we'll see you around, and I'll be looking for the AAR that says you made your rifleman score. ;)

Shadowman, thanks for making the trip over to Central Washington. Thanks for your Sunday morning service, the chocolate, and your promo efforts for Appleseed! :cool2:

Sparkss, that is AWESOME about finding that warm-weather gear! God does indeed provide! It was fun to work the line with you. :D

To the rest of the instructor crew, always wonderful working with you guys. I'm sure we'll see most of you at our HBC in March, if not before!

I think that's about it from me.... Oh yeah, pictures. Well, I don't have a single picture...
On MY camera that is! And ya'll were starting to wonder if something was seriously wrong with me. ^-^ ::) Rizzin will have the pics I took on his camera up soon, as well as some from him I'm sure.

'Til next time! HUZZAH!

ES
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Rizzin

OK, 2nd attempt at this (forum ate my first one   :(   )

Congrats to Theo and to Shadowman on your promotions, Red is your color Theophilus.  ^:)^

Perry and Mark, congrats on your Rifleman scores.

Thank all you who did come out and brave the slightly less then perfect weather (or as we call it "Normal Yakima Winterseed Weather" )

now for the part everybody is waiting for  ;D

The REST of the photos can be seen Here

Nero

Oh, my - rime ice on the targets!  What fun!  Congratulations to everyone on their persistence. 
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Joni

Thanks Rizzin and Evenstar for your co-effort! the pictures are great!!
Joni

George Hacker

So many wonderful things happened last weekend, I'm glad I was there to experience it.

Congratulations, Theophilus, in earning your red hat.  It has been a long time a comin'.  I think a little dust blew into my eye when I saw you put your new red hat on Sunday afternoon.   O0

The shooters were awesome!  We lost a few because of the harsh weather, but I suspect we will see them again.  Most of them hung in the entire weekend.  We had one young man strip down to short sleeves so his loop sling wouldn't slip while shooting an AQT in 20's degree weather - that's dedication.

Congratulations, Preston and Mark, on shooting a rifleman's score and earning a winterseed patch.  Well done.  I appreciate how you applied the things you were taught and you both had a very teachable attitude.  I saw a lot of rifle malfunctions because of the cold so that winterseed patch is indeed a special award.

Lexi and Dex, you two shot very well.  Dex, you almost got your rifleman's patch (209!).  Dry practice is your friend.  Work on your steady hold factors, NPOA, and your trigger control.  Lexi, you did an awesome job with your bolt action rifle.  See what you can do to develop some strength to try the different positions.  You had a great attitude despite the cold weather.

Justin, you improved a lot over the weekend.  It was nice to see your confidence develop on Sunday morning.  Jerry, it was a pleasure having you there.  I wish your knee felt better so you could shoot.  Thank you for offering me a bowl of hot chili.  A teachable attitude and acts of kindness and generosity like yours that makes our shooters the best.

Nathan and Ethan, it was a pleasure meeting you.  Keep on practicing and I hope you both can make it out again when the weather isn't so harsh.

Lena, always a pleasure working with you on the line.  You have a very teachable attitude and you are persistent.  Sorry you could only stay Saturday, but we understand.  Keep dry practicing transitioning to the various positions from standing and dry practice.  I think the cold is what cause all of the mechanical failures you were experiencing (ugh).

06en, you did an outstanding job as a shoot boss.  The shoot ran smoothly and it was a pleasure serving under your leadership.

RL and Jo, it was good to see the both of you again.  Jo, I was impressed by your attitude on Sunday.  Although you didn't achieve rifleman, you assessed yourself and accomplished some goals that you had set.  Well done!  I'm sure the patch will come your way soon.

Rizzin and OnlyHitsCount, it was a pleasure meeting you and working with you.  Great job on the storytelling, OHC.  I hope our paths cross in the future.  Sparkss, it was a pleasure meeting you and working with you as well.  You did a great job working the line and making sure things stayed safe.  I look forward to working with you again as well.

Hayden, it was a pleasure meeting you.  I appreciate your enthusiasm about the history.  You know so much more about the key players in the events of April 19, 1775 than I did when I was your age.  Keep on studying and practicing your marksmanship.

TruTenacity, Evenstar, and StillLearnin, it was a pleasure meeting you face to face.  You folks are living legends in the Pacific Northwest Appleseed program.  I missed meeting Reformed Redneck and Western Rose.  That would have made the weekend complete.  Thank you for the instructional tips and tricks, TruT.  Your and StillLearnin's storytelling was awesome as well.  I'm glad you were able to make it out our way.  You have done so much to help the Washington program get on its feet.  Thank you!

Joni and WinkinNotBlinkin, thank you so much for your blue hat support.  The warm drinks and soup made the cold days much more bearable.  Thank you for your hospitality.

There is so much more to say, it is hard to find adequate words to express how wonderful the last weekend was.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

hawkhavn

What a great looking WinterSeed!
Congrats to all involved, those on the line and those behind it.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Earl

A wonderful crew, great shooters and Winter weather how could a Winterseed be better than this one? Couldn't! Dave, good job, and a Rifleman Perseveres! You probably have the most Appleseed experience of any new Red Hat, and the best in-house on the Range support/supporter anyone could ask for, except the Redneck clan.  O0  You, instructors, range, and shooters make me very proud. and to think my first Appleseed was on that range in 2008 and in much better weather. Carry on!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Roland

Hey, great job all.

Tell me, did it get as cold there as it did in CDA on the 10-11?

Theophilus, great job on your red hat. You are a great instructor!

I look forward to working with all of the instructors soon, especially those I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Western Rose

Looks like a fantastic time! Wish I could have been there. Loved hearing stories from my family when they got home. Hope to see you all on the trail next time.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Unbridled Liberty

Looks like an outstanding shoot with outstanding instructors and outstanding shooters!  Congrats on the Red hat Theophilus!!!
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Theophilus

All of the shooters were great this weekend.

I can't say enough good things about all of the attention and enthusiasm shown by each one.

Congratulations, Perry and Mark on the rifleman scores.  Your life as a rifleman has begun.  Come back again to confirm and cement what you have learned, and join us on the trail.

Lena, it was good to see you again.  As Evenstar says, next time without so many rifle malfunctions.

Our daughter Renee came over for Sunday and gave us the greatest Christmas present ever, coming to an Appleseed with us.  Now to get her to another, for both days...

ShadowMan, thanks for the field sermon.

I'd like to thank all of the other instructors for supporting me on this trail, you are the greatest.

Thanks, everyone for the congratulations on the RH.

Thank you, Earl, for teaching me and being a wonderful example.

Unbridled Liberty, I hope Joni and I see you again on the trail.
Thanks for all you do.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

06en

I must say that I am very impressed with the shooters who came out to this event. Freezing foggy temps might keep lessor folks away, but not who I saw this weekend!  O0 Dedication to hearing of our shared Heritage and working on your marksmanship is very commendable indeed. You have all made good use of what our Founding Generation left for us. I do hope that you all find your pocket copies of the documents that they wrote for us helpful, and make good use of them as well. Looking forward to seeing you all back on the line somewhere down the trail.

jerryinoregon

What an awsome way to spend a weekend!!! Surrounded by a group of very dedicated people who hold both the past and the future of this country in such high importance. It was great inspiration to see so many families willing so spend a cold weekend on the range working on the skills that made this country free and planting the seeds to ensure that it stays that way.

Tru Tenacity and her family of instructors are surely a great shining beacon in the wilderness. Only Hits Count and her family spending a weekend helping other shooters improve their marksmanship on such a weekend is such a heart warming sight. It truly boogles my mind to see all of the couples and families out there spreading seeds. With this type of support and strength of belief we shall overcome any foe. Weather that be appathy, laziness, or something so much more insidious.

Thank you all that took my freind justin under your eagles wings to give him a solid base of fundamentals to improve on. Given some more time i am sure he will join the riflemans ranks, he is already doing the seventh step and talking to his National Guard buddies about coming. His service in the military is greatly appreciated by me and my family. I wish i had been able to shoot with him but we'd still be there waiting for me to get up from sitting with this bad knee if i had (so my time was better used as cook an photographer).

So i know Evenstar is waiting for them so my pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/51272137@N02/sets/72157628526877653/
He that Hath No Sword Let Him Sell His Garment and Buy One- Luke 22:34

....from my cold dead hands....

molon labe

TruTenacity

The Winterseeds in Yakima Moxee, WA draw some of the most hardy Americans of all ages!  What an encouragement to all the instructors from near and far that came to be with those interested in hearing about our heritage and leaving the range each day with more rifle marksmanship skill than what they came with.

Nathan and Ethan, it was nice meeting you.  I hope the bit of history and instruction you were able to hear draws you back in the near future.  Remember, we're always up for having a special Boy Scout event.  Get in touch with .06en to talk over the details.

Lena, it was nice to finally meet you.  You stuck it out and continued to overcome in spite of the cold causing rifle malfunctions.  Implement a few of the tips I shared with you when you hit the range with Joni, Theophilus, and ShadowMan.  You'll get that patch in no time.  Until then, dry fire and read history.

Justin, thank you for being such a polite young man that took instruction from all of us to heart.  It won't be long before you earn that patch.  Thank you for your willingness to serve our country.  May you keep our heritage at the fore of your mind and be the posterity our forefathers would be proud of.

As always, it was great to work with instructors I've been on the line with at past events, but it was also fun to meet and work with both new instructors and one I've never met.

Washington is maturing.  Soon the Idaho crew won't need to cross our western boarder.  That will be a bittersweet day when those instructors east of you only read the AARs rather than be a contributor to them.  You're in good hands.  06en did a great job Shoot Bossing this event and improvising as needed.  Watching how all the WA instructors complemented one another was a real blessing.  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure you'll continue to grow.  With the hardcore attendees at events like this no doubt some of them will catch the vision, take on an Instructor's hat and join the Northwest Region in waking up America.

(Please visit Northest Region Project Appleseed Facebook page to post comments, read threads, and stay up with what's happening in the region.)
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

WAshooter

Hey This is Nathan the one that attended with my son Ethan for half of the Saturday. We Enjoyed it, it was cold!! I saw all the posts in the thread expecting to hear about the ones that bailed.
Ethan still talks about it he really enjoyed the history,
I am preparing for the next Eastern WA Event (hopefully Warmer weather). I have Modified Ethan's Marlin's stock to fit him and topped it with a scope I will have a Sling Shortly. I have also Tricked out my 1022 with new bull barrel, new stock with sling. I'm also working on a Custom Youth Stocked 1022 I figure ill top that one with the GI Sights, we will see what I bring, like last time I'm sure ill have a selection with me.
So we look forward to spending a Saturday with you guys,

I would love to do something with the boy scouts and Appleseed, you guys will be seeing me poking around on the forum.

George Hacker

Nathan,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Ethan.  We were sorry to see you have to go, but you were right in your decision to keep that cold weather from making it a miserable experience for your son.

Happy to see you on the Appleseed forums.  You will get a lot of useful information and tips here.  Also the networking with other shooters and instructors is priceless.  I hope to see you at another shoot sometime in the future.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."