News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Como, MS Dec 10-11 2011

Started by dart67eb, December 13, 2011, 03:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Who'd have thought?  No rain in Como?  Chilly in the mornings but very nice once the sun came out.  The determined shooters that showed up were treated to some good instruction and a great second and third strike by hornet41.  Everybody who wanted to had a chance to shoot a Garand on Saturday and an AR on Sunday.

Vince, Austin and Zach were again knocking on the door with scores in the 200's.  Al had a 209 and a long ride home.  Robert came on Sunday and shot a 350 or something (actually a 245).  Rich and Kelsey were there on Saturday and showed improvement and will be back.

I hope to revive my camera and get the few pics out of it before it completely gives up the ghost.

Many thanks to mudtrunks and hornet41 for keeping me straight!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

hornet41

It was indeed a pleasure to have a Como shoot without rain, mud and blowing dust! The shooting bays now have a nice covering of grass. Yea!!!
Albert was again plagued by optics trouble. Took till Sunday to sort it out and he shot a high score of 209. So close yet so far away!!!!! He's gonna make it!!!!!!!!
Amy was there Saturday and struggled with the dreaded Ruger factory bolt release!! I think the cold got the best of her and she didn't return Sunday. Hope to  see her again.
Richard and Kelsey were making good progress Saturday but were unable to return Sunday. I'm sure they will be back. The trio of Vince, Austin and Zach were knocking on the door and will no doubt get patches at the next 'seed!!
Robert showed everyone how it's done by shooting 218 + several times in a row. Wow!!!!!!! Next time we will handicap him with a blindfold!!!! Ha!
Saturday I let several shoot my M1A. The magazine really plays heck with getting the elbow under the rifle for support. More so than an AR! Those who shot the Garand and AR really had a blast.
Mudtrunks did a fine job calling the line and instructing!! He is a great asset to the program!! Of course our intrepid Shoot Boss kept things moving along and the time monkey at bay!
Sunday afternoon for stress relief, several shot "Peeps". You know, those little yellow sugar coated chicks. I couldn't believe someone would actually shoot one of the worlds most delicious candy snacks!!!!!
All in all, everyone had a great time. I expect to see the majority of shooters back in February!!
hornet41 :---

dart67eb

Hornet41 took home a box and a half of peeps.  He'll be diabetic by the next shoot.  Also, how could I forget to mention Amy?  I think she'll be back when she gets her rifle straightened out.  Jim Hopper also joined us on Saturday.  He came to shoot IDPA but since it was cancelled, shot with us instead.  Way to go!  I also had a chance to shoot my first AQT in 2+ years. First time ever on an AR with irons. There's a reason you need to practice.

dart67eb

Finally got some batteries for the camera!