News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis IN, Dec 10 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, December 12, 2011, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

A beautiful day for an Appleseed, and a full line to boot. 16 Americans came out to enjoy the sunshine, brave the cold, learn who they are, and share the experience.

We started the day off with a Redcoat and saw some good shooting, we finished the day with the same Redcoat and saw scores DOUBLE! Probably why we made four Rifleman.

We saw great shooting all day, and everyone improved across the board. Even though a one day event is really really like drinking from a fire hose, we saw everyone applying the lessons, paying attention, and getting better.

Could there be a better place to hear the history? Outside on a brisk day, under the trees, in the warm sun? Mudcat did not disappoint kicking off the history with a great first strike. Everyone must have been hooked on the story because I saw lots of folks listening carefully the rest of the day.

I certainly hope to see everyone on the line again, and let's give Patrick a round of applause for deciding to take up the Orange hat.

Pictures anyone?

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

looks like a good un
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

grunt soldier

Quote from: SPQR on December 12, 2011, 10:30:01 PM
wasn't this at MCFG

it was sir and it was a great time.  It was super cold in the morning around 18 I believe.  not a lot of wind and no rain which were both blessings.  it warmed up considerably in the afternoon.  we didn't have access to the club house so no heat for anyone (lol my wife definitely wanted it but she stuck it out the whole day only whining a little :)  )  The history was great as always and mudcat did do a amazing job on the first strike.  my wife, who is a 7th grade history teacher really enjoyed it.  She said particularly that YHJ is a awesome story teller/speaker and I happen to agree with her.  mudcat did awesome as always and I firmly believe he is the man.  one of Indiana's best kept secrets.  everyone learned a lot and had a great time minus the cold feet. 

Yellowhousejake I can't wait to get started on this journey with you guys.  should be a great time with great folks and lots of information to absorb and spread. 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

brianheeter

Cold weather doesn't stop us!  But, Man!  It was cold!!!!  Thanks to everybody who came out and stuck with it.  Congrats to our new Riflemen and thanks to Pat for taking a hat.  I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the line again soon.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Mudcat

Pictures? I got some pictures. First off thanks to all the great shooters who came out to learn Marksmanship and Heritage. You guys and gals did and awesome job with the faster course of fire.  No goofing off and you were always ready. Plus the great attitudes all day made the day a pleasure with my fellow Americans on the line. Congratulations to the 4 new Riflemen and the soon to be Riflemen and Riflewomen.
Now on to the pics.

Yes I know I am no Applecore Photographer.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kate

Congratulations to all our new riflemen!  ^:)^ Despite the cold everybody stuck it out and persevered though the rapid course of fire. It was great to see so many familiar faces as well as make some new friends! Thank you all for coming out and sharing a beautiful day. I hope to see you all on the line in the future  ;D

spitfire51

The sun was out and there was no wind, I don't know why everyone keeps talking about how cold it was  ::)  Anyways, overall a wonderful day.  Congrats to our new riflemen, and those who didn't quite make it still had a lot of good things going on.  By the end of the day I saw some really good things going on while shooting the AQTs.  Thanks to everyone who came out and persevered through the weather and the rapid pace of instruction.  Can't wait to see everyone back out there again soon.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt