News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rosebud MO Dec 10-11 2011

Started by thursday, December 12, 2011, 03:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

Nice weather, two new riflemen, first time for KD at Rosebud.  More info when I have more time.  Feel free to chime in if you were there.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

nemohunter

Yep it was a darn fine time and had by all in attendance. One new Rifleman and one new Riflewoman. Congrats Adam and Astrid.  ^:)^  209ken also made it out and in his usual style shot a few rifleman scores. 238 this time his personal best. Despite many proddings by myself he still wont take a hat  :wb: 

I also drew the winning ticket for the Rifle raffle at wouldn't ya know it our newest Orange hat in MO walked away with prize. Congats Dan Steele AKA borderraid. Dan took his OH at the last Bowling green shoot and instructed at his first in Rosebud. Thanks for stepping up Dan.

The 10/22 rifle Dan won is Valued at $1100 not exactly Rack grade either but all the $$$ went to help fund MO ranges. Have fun Dan  :---

Me telling 3rd strike.

PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

borderraid

A fine group of students and instructors. Congrats to the new Riflemen.
And that rifle is very sweet, the finest in my modest collection. Thanks nemohunter for having the raffle.

borderraid

The pic embed didn't seem to work on the previous one.  ???

Mutti

I had a most excellent time and learned LOTS for my first IIT.

1) "Observing" shooters is different than looking. Thankfully I watched the other Instructors to get a grasp on how to follow the SHF check off, etc.
2) Learning when someone needs a touch of help is more difficult than I thought.
3) I had read here that when someone gets stuck on their "points scored" sometimes flipping over the target and holding it up to the light shows grouping without personal critique. That worked well with those in the 180 - 200 range.
4) Using the line card/clipboard sure helps to guide a new IIT.
5) Being the "demonstratee" made me concentrate more on what tittiger was teaching to the Shooters and focus on listening.

For my own skill practice:

Having had the opportunity to shoot KD out to 400 meters - I can now say without any doubt when asked - "Yes. This POI will translate to the represented distance with come ups." I had a problem in stage 3 @ 300 meters. The sun was just right to glare off of the peep sites. Using what I've learned, I trusted my NPOA took the first shot, checked my NPOA and closed my eyes for the following 9. Surprising to me - I actually made paper with 6 of those and hit cardboard with three more. (thursday let me borrow his AR 223 for the KD shoot).

The Instructors and Shoot Boss were wonderful. Hope to meet you again some day.

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

209Ken

Thank You to all the instructors this weekend. You guys did a great job once again.  I have been to several Appleseeds, and I learn something new every time!
Shooting Known Distance was a blast! I always wondered if those skills we learn at 25M really transfer to full distance, and they do! You will learn a lot about your rifle in the process.

Thanks for a great year,
209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

PatriotAndProudOfIt

What a fabulous group of shooters and instructors.
Great seeing new faces and renewing old friendships.
Way to go Adam and Astrid on your Rifleman achievement.
Way to go all shooters for improving your scores and learning even more.
The weather cooperated too...Sunday was beautiful!
Thanks for the great location Thursday.
Nice job NEMO Hunter!
PatriotAndProudOfIt

RiflesnReins

What a wonderful group. Everyone brought a teachable attitude for sure. I also took photos and you can see them here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/64166653@N04/. Please feel free to comment, they are appreciated. Congrats to Adam and my dear little sister Astrid. Thank you Thursday for the great shoot.
I hope to see you all again on the trail. Oh Hi UNCLE NEMO. Do I remember correctly that you said we could call you anything but Betty?  :) :)

RnR

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

nemohunter

It's crazy Uncle Carl But you can call me anything but shirley.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Patriot Gal

Looks like a great shoot was run and a great time was had by all.   Congrats to the new Riflemen  O0 O0 and congrats to borderraid for winning that beautiful rifle.  Nice!  :---

Looking forward to seeing you all on the Appleseed trail in 2012!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan