News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton Oklahoma Dec 10-11 AAR

Started by Scarecrow, December 12, 2011, 01:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

After Action Report for Afton Oklahoma Dec 10-11 2011
Attendees please post your comments here.
Photos and instructor comments will be posted during the course of this week.
A very successful shoot with weather too nice for an Appleseed in December.

Scarecrow

4 shooters out of 9 that were pre-registered showed up to drink from the Appleseed firehose of knowledge.
Although the morning temps were around 26 degrees F, there was little wind to go with it and much sunshine
once the fog burned off before shooting time arrived. Not really what I would consider a winterseed.
All 4 shooters improved on their skills at their first AS event with one taking the coveted Rifleman patch
with a score of 211.

Weedge

My son and I attended our first appleseed shoot this weekend at Afton. It will not be our last. Every rifle owner should attend an appleseed event. No matter what your skill level you will come away a better rifleman. The instructors were excellent and took the time to work with each shooter as needed. Learning a little more in depth history was an added bonus. Looking forward to the next shoot. Hope to bring my youngest son and granddaughter. Congrats to Alex for the 211 score.

TomCat

It was sure good to see Larry and Eric this weekend.  We hope to see ya'll and maybe some more family members at the next shoot.  Congratulations Alex on Rifleman!  Everyone who makes it, knows they have cleared a major hurdle.  Pat, you were right there knocking on the door.  We hope to see it all come together at the next one.  The next thing to seeing a family kneeling together in prayer, I love seeing family members kneeling together prepping mags, then sending rounds downrange...together...accurately;  it warms my heart.
Thanks also, to Will and Daniel for their approx. 6 hrs of road time allocated to attending the Afton shoots.  On Sunday evening, when they could have already been miles down the road towards home,  I was still receiving much needed instructions from them in the growing darkness. 
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."