News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station TX, Dec 10-11 2011 AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, December 12, 2011, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

College Station, TX Dec 10-11, 2011 AAR

We had another successful Appleseed at the Cawthon Cartridge Club range.

**** Clif - if you see this you left something hydration related and marketed by a company in Kansas (though not made there) as well as something sharp. PM me so I can return them to you. ****

We started off with 11 shooters on Saturday. A few were local Texas A&M students. There were also some shooters who had never shot a rifle before.

Sleepy Joe called the line. Olfart and Rebel13 - who often are at Atlanta, TX  shoots - came to help and instruct throughout the day. POP must have told them how "nice" we are.  ~~:)

Olfart told an excellent 1st strike, Joe told the 2nd and I told the 3rd.

We stayed pretty busy at first - I didn't take any pictures until the ball and dummy drill. These pictures are from Saturday.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Scott1911

Thanks guys for the great time this weekend.  I learned a lot about my (lack of) abilities, old eyesight, and shooting in general.  The first strike of the match...me showing up this weekend....the second strike of the match me joining RWVA.....the third strike of the match....stay tuned (I will be back).

The training that I received was increadable, just too much info for just one weekend.

olfart

We had a great group at College Station this weekend (as we always have at Appleseed events), and I appreciate the participants' eagerness to learn. The interaction was lively, and I believe everyone took away a new appreciation for our founding fathers' sacrifices. The marksmanship improved despite frequent floggings. Can't beat a deal like that!

Thanks again to all of the students and instructors who helped make this a most enjoyable event!
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

sleepy Joe

Yes another successful event
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

I am slowly adding some photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still adding,
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

Nice photos SNAITF here ar some more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

adding a few more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still putting photos out here ... for some reason if I try to put more than 3 it times out ... so bear with me
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Sunday

And after a little public math and persistence...

Clif made Rifleman with a 219. I think this was his 3rd Appleseed. He persisted!

Chris made Rifleman with a 222. This was his first Appleseed. Originally he was going to be a Saturday only shooter, but he decided to reprioritize his Sunday and joined us for a second day.

We did one more AQT, then stopped to do a RedCoat for those that had to leave.

Two shooters stayed for another AQT and a little more instruction before we stopped and cleaned the range.

It was a great Appleseed.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

here are more photos
Good event
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

Congratz Clif & Chris hope to see ya'll on the trail
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

merry Christmas
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still waiting on 2012 schedule
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

the dates for 2012 College Station TX coming soon hopefully today
By the numbers

scuzzy

Cool! I'm glad to see Olfart got down there to meet Joe and Steve.

Does Steve still have his 'shack' available for the instructors? Or is that being used these days?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

sleepy Joe

no the shack is being rented out so we have been commuting back to Porter.
By the numbers