News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID December 10 & 11

Started by eert, December 11, 2011, 11:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eert

NOTE: NO PHOTO RELEASES WERE OBTAINED AT THIS SHOOT

The shoot started at a very brisk 14 degrees on Saturday, and warmed to a balmy 25 degrees by the end of the day.   We had four very hearty shooters who braved the cold for fun in the frost!

All four shooters were enthusiastic and open to learning the techniques. 

Sunday brought us warmer temperatures starting at 25 degrees and warming to almost 28 degrees. The temps may have been more tolerable but the high relative humidity changing from 69-89% made the day seem even colder. 

Sunday brought an additional shooter, Mr. Clean, Jr.  All shooters showed improvement, and given the several ROC's sold, we expect to see all of them become Riflemen in near future!

GooberLooser- switch rifles and put a set of better rear sights and you'll be well on your way to a RM score.
S. - Get your own dedicated rifle with rear sights and practice those positions.  Prone will actually get comfortable as you practice.
D.-Watch the trigger reset and Happy Finger.   Dry Fire is your best friend!
R.- They do make a TECH sight for the AK variants! I'm still amazed at how well you shot that AMD-65!
Mr. Clean Jr.- way to increase your point total.  You did great on the transitions, your Dad has to be very proud! 

I'm looking forward to working with all of you again. 

As usual, thanks to the Instructor Corp-Betsy, Roland, CedarPole.  I never would have volunteered for the SB waiver without knowing I had such a great crew behind, or were you in front of me!  Thank you so much.

Pictures to follow later.  See you all on the AS trail.

EERT.

darthdork

Thanks for braving the cold with us eert!!  Since I've gotten home I've been walking around the house training my finger :D  No more happy finger!

Reformed Redneck

Sounds like a very good shoot. Looking forward to the pictures. Good job all.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Roland

Don't have much else to add. Other then I took pictures. Unfortunately, my picture taking matches Evenstar's in neither quality or quantity! I apologize in advance for the strange camera angles!

I hope to see all of our shooters back soon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/newfgoof/AS_2011_10?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCp5Kz9-Z_Vfg# (clicky) is the link to the pictures.

Dirk/Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Betsy

Definitely another Winterseed in North Idaho.  Too cold for the battery in the laser bore sighter, but the little "hand warmers" tucked into gloves kept fingers warmer than the ice in the frozen water bottles.  Saturday's shooters were all new to Appleseed, but were persistent in spite of equipment frustrations and the frigid temperatures.  Sunday's youngest shooter has figured out NPOA and increased his AQT score almost 20 points above his previous top target.  Everyone, including instructors, kept a sense of humor and a positive attitude.

Eert, excellent COF; Cedarpole, thorough KD explanation; Roland, good instruction and good photos (the downrange shot taken with the camera on the concrete is an interesting perspective).
I'll attach a few pictures too.  We didn't need snowshoes this time.  The white crystals on everything is a heavy layer of hoarfrost, not snow.

Evenstar

Super cold, but looks like it was a great shoot! Was happy to see pictures too, from both Betsy and Roland, since I couldn't be there. I especially liked the one looking downrange with the AR in the foreground. O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011