News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA Dec. 3-4

Started by DesertDog, December 05, 2011, 08:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Crisp mornings were followed by nice sunny weather for both days.

16 shooters were ready to go at 8:30.  There were 3 100 yd qualifiers and 1 200 yd.  Lots of room for improvement :).  After lunch we got in a groover and the final Redcoat had the following with 12 shooters.

400- 0
300- 2
200- 4
100- 1

Sunday came with 7 return shooters.  Jim, who struggled with equipment and Stage 2 all weekend persisted and shot a 217 Sunday afternoon :~.  Chance had a 205 and Tyler had 180-190 all day.  5 shooters finished the day with Red Coat scores of

400- 0
300- 2
200- 1
100- 2
HS- 1.

Thanks to TowedJumper, Krahnic and Scotty133t for providing help both days and Garand56 and Chukar Hunter for help on Saturday.

I believe that ToewdJumper has some pics.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Garand56

let's not forget Chuckar Hunter who helped out Saturday as well. He had to make a deal with The Missus to watch his kiddies so he could AS for a day. Might have been pretty expensive for him; I'm just sayin'.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

TowedJumper

I will post some pics tomorrow, I have been tied up with post storm damage recovery from last Thursday.
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

TowedJumper

Selected pictures from the weekend.

1) Stay warm and flexible is apparently not a needed point of instruction for the youngsters  &)

2) Joseph (krahnic) instructing and Scotty (scottyl33t) demo'ing.  Everybody else listening, which was actually par for the course.  This was a good group of students.

3) Jim making the grade with his rifleman score of 217 along with Erik (DesertDog).  Its nice to see it pay off when somebody works so hard at it.  That rifle is a tack driver though so it puts them right where you pull the trigger.  Its amazing how much weight a bull barrell adds though.  I shot a 205 with it on one run through, only a leather sling which wasn't quite adjusted for me.  Thanks for the use of it Jim!

4) As for the zombie, we had a 3 on 3 competition to shoot out the eye of the zombie target and this was the winning group.  Basically a "mad minute" scenario.  He has no need of an eye anyway.  It would just scare him to be staring at so many current and future riflemen...

5) "Oak" and Marcus.  Note the faces are hidden to protect the guilty.  Guilty of being comedians, and these two had us in stitches all day long.

All in all, yet another great group of people and I hope they had at least half as much fun as I did.  If they did I am sure we will see them again!
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

bob 210

Hey!....where did you guys get the Redcoat Zombie target??
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

TowedJumper

Krahnic showed up with them.  I am sure I can get you a line on the source if wanted.  The quality was actually very good and thicker than your average target.  Think a kind of high quality drafting paper.  Pretty thick.

bob 210

Yep, I want some....post a link please.

Quote from: TowedJumper on December 08, 2011, 02:55:43 PM
Krahnic showed up with them.  I am sure I can get you a line on the source if wanted.  The quality was actually very good and thicker than your average target.  Think a kind of high quality drafting paper.  Pretty thick.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

TowedJumper

LOL.  Nigel has a BIO.  Nice.

DesertDog

I forgot about Nigel  &).  His "bio" would make a good story leading up to the string of fire.

After living in the shadows for over 230 years as a zombie.  Nigel was content that most Americans had forgot what happened to him and his comrades on that fateful day of April 19, 1775.  Then a bunch of Patriots started waking up their fellow Americans and reminding them of the a$$ whipping that a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers laid on the greatest army ever.  Which lead to the founding of the greatest country ever.

To restore honor to his fellow Lobsterbacks, Nigel has come here for revenge and to stop this slandering of King George and Gen. Gage.  It's time to put Nigel in the ground for good.  ALL READY ON THE FIRING LINE....FIRE!!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

bluespark

Quote from: DesertDog on December 05, 2011, 08:59:15 PM
Crisp mornings were followed by nice sunny weather for both days.

16 shooters were ready to go at 8:30.  There were 3 100 yd qualifiers and 1 200 yd.  Lots of room for improvement :).  After lunch we got in a groover and the final Redcoat had the following with 12 shooters.

400- 0
300- 2
200- 4
100- 1

Sunday came with 7 return shooters.  Jim, who struggled with equipment and Stage 2 all weekend persisted and shot a 217 Sunday afternoon :~.  Chance had a 205 and Tyler had 180-190 all day.  5 shooters finished the day with Red Coat scores of

400- 0
300- 2
200- 1
100- 2
HS- 1.

Thanks to TowedJumper, Krahnic and Scotty133t for providing help both days and Garand56 and Chukar Hunter for help on Saturday.

I believe that ToewdJumper has some pics.

Thank you for you patients and help I had a great
Quote from: TowedJumper on December 08, 2011, 02:14:19 PM
Selected pictures from the weekend.

1) Stay warm and flexible is apparently not a needed point of instruction for the youngsters  &)

2) Joseph (krahnic) instructing and Scotty (scottyl33t) demo'ing.  Everybody else listening, which was actually par for the course.  This was a good group of students.

3) Jim making the grade with his rifleman score of 217 along with Erik (DesertDog).  Its nice to see it pay off when somebody works so hard at it.  That rifle is a tack driver though so it puts them right where you pull the trigger.  Its amazing how much weight a bull barrell adds though.  I shot a 205 with it on one run through, only a leather sling which wasn't quite adjusted for me.  Thanks for the use of it Jim!

Jim "Thank you for a great experience, I had a great time with a great bunch of American Patriots." Nice history lesson would like to purchase the book on Paul Revere used in the course on CD if available.   

4) As for the zombie, we had a 3 on 3 competition to shoot out the eye of the zombie target and this was the winning group.  Basically a "mad minute" scenario.  He has no need of an eye anyway.  It would just scare him to be staring at so many current and future riflemen...

5) "Oak" and Marcus.  Note the faces are hidden to protect the guilty.  Guilty of being comedians, and these two had us in stitches all day long.

All in all, yet another great group of people and I hope they had at least half as much fun as I did.  If they did I am sure we will see them again!