News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman IL, Dec 3-4

Started by yellowhousejake, December 05, 2011, 07:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

What a weekend, can anyone get an accurate weather report? Rain, wind, warm, cold, sun, fog, we had it all except snow and we thought we would get that before Sunday ended.

But Riflemen persevere.

We had only a few intrepid souls brave the weather (excluding Instructors) and brave it they did. Kevin and Dave stayed all day Saturday and showed they could take instruction and apply what they learned.

Kevin was a trooper and boy can work a bolt gun! Talk about some outstanding groups. If he could have held that big Savage up he would have shot a Rifleman score easily. Even though we had him on a sandbag he still was shooting 4 MOA groups, in time, every time.

Outstanding  :bow:

Not to be outdone, Dad was showing that no experience means no bad habits. 170+ scores easily. Dave would have shot Rifleman had they been able to return on Sunday, I have no doubt. We all hope to see you both again.

Gleb did a great job, calm, deliberate, always with a smile, finally getting that support hand under control his scores continued to rise. You got all the fundamentals and once you dial them all in the Rifleman score will come.

Sunday brought us a few late arrivals that couldn't stay very long, but Swamy got them through the six steps and the steady hold factors well enough they know what they need to practice. Big Mike and little Mike, we hope to see you on the line again and on a Saturday!

Finally Matthew showed up Sunday to give another shot at a Rifleman score by running through the AQT grind. Just a few refinements, and change here, a little work there, some work on positions, and a 210 was followed by a 216!

Top it all off with great history, some profound thoughts on who we are and how we got here as Americans, and even with lousy weather it's a great weekend.

Thanks again for the local instructors to allow us furrriners to invade. I hope I didn't ruin anyone by giving them too much SPQR in one dose.

**)

Let's see some pictures!

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

2 clicks low

Saturday, 5 to 1 instructor/student ratio. SPQR must have given the IIT's great lessons in the morning because they gave great instruction in the afternoon.

Kevin, you are the reason I do this. You are welcome back anytime. You can even bring your father ;D.

Congrats to Machine, our newest Rifleman. Good work and persistance. I have an orange hat, hardly ever used, can give it to you?

Some pictures below.

2cl

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

SPQR

Holy Moly those pictures make it look horrible!  It was sunshine and 68' in the clubhouse right?  Thanks for the hospitality fellas I had a blast.  If only I hadn't had to spend half my weekend in the cab of a pick up with yellerhouse...

great job Machine, that was some good perseverance.  O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Machine

Thank you again to all the RWVA folks for all that you do.

As crappy as the weather was, I think it will just create a deeper impression on what will be a very fond memory.

I am already considering retrying centerfire next year.

I will be working on competitive handgun of which I have huge room for improvement and too little time to practice. I don't think that I can do an orange hat justice in the near term, but someday I may. In the meantime, I will continue to promote the program to other shooters - I am definitely a believer.
"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

- Thomas Paine

Chewie

It was nice to meet the new faces and to see YHJ pretty face again.  ++) sorry i didn't make it back on sunday, between being sick and paperwork for my last week of school. the later won. But i look forward to working with everyone again to our shoot boss and red hats get some well deserved rest and well see ya soon.

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

BrownBessEd

Great day Saturday.  Fun to meet some new people and work with some highly skilled new shooters.  Thanks to the instructors who drove many miles to help support marksmanship & patriotism in Illinois!!

Congrats to Machine!  Hope you take the orange hat.

Brown Bess Ed

Patriot Gal

Congrats Machine on persevering to achieve Rifleman!  Well done!   O0 :bow:

And kudos to all of you for persevering through that incredibly crummy weather. 

I was watching the weather channel and was thinking of you.   :o

Glad it didn't snow!!!

Thanks to yellowhousejake and SPQR for doing a final border raid to help Illinois finish out the year.  YHJ, you can come back anytime!!!  We sure appreciate your help.

See y'all on the trail!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Finn

Thanks to Yellowhousejake and all of the Instructors for their help to this new IIT at his first shoot.

Congratulations Machine, your EARNED that patch

A Big thanks to Yellowhousejake and SPQR for making the long trip.

SPQR, thanks for the class even thou you were sick as a dog, its understandable that you looked real ugly in the pictures  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/wink.gif

FINN

Stonn

Another excellent shoot and I enjoyed meeting yellowhousejake and SPQR as well as the new(er) orange hats. I know I and a few other instructors will border raid in 2012, especially for the cookouts.

Machine, excellent job and I've attached a slightly better picture for you.

2 clicks low

Quote from: Stonn on December 08, 2011, 07:50:01 PM
Another excellent shoot and I enjoyed meeting yellowhousejake and SPQR as well as the new(er) orange hats. I know I and a few other instructors will border raid in 2012, especially for the cookouts.

Machine, excellent job and I've attached a slightly better picture for you.

My photo was merely grainy, poorly lit and only slightly out of focus.  !@#) Whats wrong with that?  !@#)

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne