News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley MN AAR 11/26-27/2011

Started by Taylor, November 28, 2011, 11:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Thanks to everyone who made time on a busy Thanksgiving holiday weekend and joined us at Hinckley Conservation Club. We were privileged to spend a great weekend honoring our Forefathers with such a fine group of Americans.
Continue on that Rifleman journey...practice your marksmanship skills and persist on the path to becoming a better American. Return to Appleseed and bring more people with you. Engaged, educated, responsible Citizens can and will make the difference in saving our Nation.

Congratulations new Rifleman Landon who scored a 217 at his first Appleseed with his AR.

Congratulations to repeating Rifleman Dave who did it with iron sights this time with a 228 and 234.

And further congratulations to Dave who stepped up and took an Orange Hat. Thank you Dave.

We were observing continuing progress by all the shooters on Sunday but ran out of daylight before anyone else was able to shoot Rifleman. Everyone on the line showed the ability and can do it. Practice and persistence will get you there so keep at it. Riflemen don't quit.

My personal thanks to our fine Instructors and IITs. This rookie Shoot Boss  rode on the coattails of their dedication and professionalism.

Some pictures follow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

TheBorderReiver

Thanks to the instructors for creating an excellent learning environment with great instruction. I certainly had a blast http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/AR15firing.gif and am looking forward to participating in another Appleseed this coming spring!

Thanks,

Landon

Kosciusko

Thanks to Taylor for the border raid.    :)

Landon, congrats on the new patch.

Dave, congratulations, and welcome to the instructor program.

See you all on the trail.

Kosciusko

dronning

Congrats again to Landon - nice shooting!

Thanks to Taylor and all the instructors.  This was my 2nd Appleseed and I continue to learn about becoming both a better Rifleman and American.  I hope one day to be able to shoot to my rifles capability.  I still have 2 personal "Rifleman" goals 1) a 250 with iron sights, a visit an optometrist and getting into a little better shape will help I'm sure  ;D, 2) qualify at distance with the M1 Garand I have on order with CMP. 

Taylor thanks again, I was both honored and proud to be able to step up and accept and Orange Hat.

Kosciusko, I will see you on the trail!

Dave

Just like the 1st Appleseed both the instructors and participants made the event.

George Hacker

Dave, thanks for stepping up and taking an orange hat.  O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

boscohurn

It was a good shoot.  A lot of determined shooters and congrats to Landon for the patch and Dave for the requal. and the orange hat.  We saw a lot of improvement over the two days.  My first time on the IIT side of the line and I have my own improvements to make but there is a lot to learn watching over and helping others. 

I got to meet and work with some great instructors too.  AFTERMATH, Cooper, Buzz, Warhog.  Taylor did a great job but I expect that as he has been at every AS I have attended.  O0 . You have got to see/hear Cooper's Second Strike, truly well done.

An aside. 
I like to think that Mother Hurn raised a sensible son.  I have thumbed my nose at Common Sense when it seemed it might be fun.....But...In my previous life, hanging  around in the cold for most of the day just would not happen.  Over the last two weeks ( Gun Club Sight-In Days and the AS)  I have spent 9 days in the cold for the benefit of others (and admittedly, my benefit too).  Oh what, I wonder, is to become of me....