News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed - Hinckley, MN -- << This weekend! Get warmed up!

Started by AFTERMATH, November 21, 2011, 10:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Well, you all read the subject, right! 
There's a good chance the snow is gonna stick, and well it oughtta be cold enough.
Earn that Winterseed Patch!
Heck, it's not supposed to be a blizzard - Ought to be nice compared to last December's shoot!

Taylor, anything you need from anyone who's reading this?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

boscohurn

I plan on being there.  First event since The Taking of the Orange.  So I can ....

a) help out

b) audit and cheerlead 

c) stand around, stomp my feet and mutter "jebus, it's cold"

d) shoot  (try for one of them neat Icicle patches, tho I just finished sewing on my regular one)

e) all of the above

Mike

boscohurn

Taylor and I have been in touch.  I am all properly registered as an IIT for this one.   Was not sure until late Sunday  that I could attend so I had not hit him up for details.

Mike

AFTERMATH

Quote from: boscohurn on November 22, 2011, 12:03:24 AM
I plan on being there.  First event since The Taking of the Orange.  So I can ....

a) help out

b) audit and cheerlead 

c) stand around, stomp my feet and mutter "jebus, it's cold"

d) shoot  (try for one of them neat Icicle patches, tho I just finished sewing on my regular one)

e) all of the above

Mike

f)  Perhaps, all but 'c' with the addition of saving America! ;)

Lookin' foward to meeting you!

Special note to all who will be there.  I brought up the weather forcast for this weekend.  It appears the most difficult condition that will have to be addressed is the wet.  The combination of wet and cold can really dampen your experience. 

Just prepare yourself and all will have a great time!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Taylor

No December Blizzardseeds on the schedule so this is the last Hinckley (Minnesota for that matter) 2011 Appleseed.

Forget about that left-over turkey leg and pumpkin pie...COME OUT TO OUR APPLESEED AND BRING SOME FRIENDS.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Taylor on November 23, 2011, 09:26:36 AM
No December Blizzardseeds on the schedule so this is the last Hinckley (Minnesota for that matter) 2011 Appleseed.

Forget about that left-over turkey leg and pumpkin pie...COME OUT TO OUR APPLESEED AND BRING SOME FRIENDS.

I've never seen a Thanksgiving where there was a turkey leg or even a crumb of pie left... #)
But if it's there, no need to forget about it!  Bring it with! ^-^  Gotta feed all those friends!

Puma Mami

My son and I will be there just on Sunday. Can't do the whole thing, unfortunately.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

I'll be heading Nort' as soon as my winter firewood supply is delivered tomorrow (hopefully in the morning).  If it's not delivered until afternoon, then I'll see ya'll Sunday!

I'm bringing a half-dozen Laser NPOA Concept Demonstrators (LNCD's) that should work at 25m.  If they prove useful I will build more.   ..:..   ..:..   ..:..

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

COJeepGirl

Hey Cooper,
just letting you know: hope you don't mind, I borrowed your sheeple pic, and a couple of your quotes. I'm working on rebuilding my Facebook page-I was about to delete that time suck, but now that I have Appleseed, I have something useful to share! @@)
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

Cooper

I am honored COJeepGal!

Ride those stolen ponies, Ride !!!

SHEEPLE AWAKE !!!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Puma Mami

I'm not feeling well enough to get over there today. I guess I'll have to wait until March (or so). Too many fall allergy problems lately. I was really hoping for snow cover by now. <sigh>

I hope everyone has a fun day up at Hinckley  :)  The weather forecast looks nice for today.  O0
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

Cooper

We missed you!!

Another time...

Plenty cold today, but dry and the wind was cruel but not torturous.

Coop

AFTERMATH