News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Friendship IN, Nov 19-20 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, November 20, 2011, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

What a great event! Wonderful range, perfect shooting weather, fantastic folks. I'm gonna unpack and then tomorrow I will post a good review.

Anyone else want to chime in please do. Let's hear your thoughts!

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

slim

I went as a shooter on Saturday and had a lot of fun! Great stories, instructors were awesome and having Applecore support and "cater" the event really makes a world of difference in morale and the overall experience.

I got the princess treatment!

Hope to see all you Hoosiers again soon.

Mudcat

As always Slim it was a pleasure to have you on the line or behind the line.
The Friendship range is great as were everyone on the line from AC to the Shooters.  Congratulations Patrick on the Rifleman patch! Danielle you made some wonderful improvement keep shooting and practicing. Rachel it was nice to see you come back on Sunday as well,  I am so glad you enjoyed the history! Alex hang in there girl you will knock that 210 barrier down very very soon and when you do I predict a 230 at least. Max way to ring that steel on Sunday it looked like you were having a ball.
All the instructors were just great too.
I hope there will be many many more shoots at the Walter Kline range home of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. You guys have a great facility!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Niecie

What a weekend!! The weather held out and we had a great time. It was wonderful meeting new folks as well as getting to work with some of my favorite instructors ;D  Slim, thanks for making us all smile, lots! And Andre, it was very nice to meet and work with you!

Congratulations to Patrick, great job. It was great to have you and Danielle on the line. Thank you for sharing your amazing daughter with us, too. Hope to see you both again, soon!

And everyone that attended - thank you for making our weekend a great one  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Niecie

Here are the pictures for Saturday:

Good morning Shooters!

Our fantastic Instructors working with very willing students:

Unbridled Liberty and Mudcat showing the positions:

Slim in a rare moment of reflective thought  **) (Was that 6 or 7 Liberty bars....)

Mudcat giving a Strike

Final shot of the day, Red Coat target.....

Alex CLEANED IT  ^:)^ ^:)^ WHOOOHOOO Great job!

What a great group of folks!

Sunday will be up shortly....

Niecie

Aaaaaahhhhh, Sunday morning. The weather was warmer, but a bit misty.

Shooters! I am Kate and I am taking over the line this morning  @)

We had a new addition Sunday...

She kept the Shoot Boss busy...

Ball and Dummy

Danielle, catching on to all of the instruction very well!

Talking shoot boss...

Line Boss imitating the shoot boss...

KD WhooHooo

Our newest Rifleman, Patrick...

And his daughter could not be more proud (or cute :))

Max gets his Youth Patch - great shooting Max!!

Our fantastic facility. And thankfully the heavy rain held off until we were gone.

yellowhousejake

We were fortunate to get access to the Walter Cline Range, and what a great facility it is.

While we had folks not show up, we had plenty of determined students. The Martin clan did a great job, Alex you are coming along well and your form is outstanding. Max, did his best shooting of the day when he rang steel at 100 yards with boring regularity.

Danielle and Patrick area team. Patrick pushed his limit and hunkered down to practice what we taught and pulled out a Rifleman score. Danielle having never shot a rifle before, took to the instruction and made constant improvement all day. I see a patch in her future.

Rachel and Robin, what a pair. Both made great strides, and Rachel got the most improved shooter award going from minute of berm to 10 MOA! It took some sight work, some cross sticks, and some steady hold factor work but she got the job done.

We all were treated to some great history by Andre, Unbridled_Liberty, and Mudcat. We heard the tales of dangerous old men, who some of us think were not THAT old, and Mrs David Wright's Milita.

Wrap it all up with some alternate KD (who thinks IMC doesn't work now?) and that is a great weekend with fellow Americans.

Thanks everyone!

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Andre

What a great group of shooters to have at the first Appleseed at the NMLRA's Walter Cline Range!  It was my pleasure to work with line full of shooters with a great teachable attitude! 

In particular, I had the privilege to assist Rachel in obtaining the honor of "most improved shooter".
  O0 O0 O0
(Rachel, I expect to see your "doubting" sister with you at the next Appleseed, and you will erase all doubt!!!)

Robin, thanks for taking time to set that flintlock aside, coming to Friendship for something other than black powder shooting, and for convincing Rachel that she needed to do this. 

I think we had a great mix of history, heritage, and shooting at a great facility.  Ringing some Liberty Steel was a good thing, too. :cool2:  I'm definitely looking forward to more events at Friendship.

Andre

grunt soldier

I hate to bring this back from the dead but I was looking for this one after the first shoot with no luck.  I'm now a bit more savy in the appleseed forum. man what a blast.  I just want to say thanks again to everyone, for teaching my wife so much, and me some great new skills and especially for putting up with my little hellion on sunday.  You guys are a great group of instructors, instructors in training and applecore. 

again sorry for the super late reply but I thought it was worth mentioning either way.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.