News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yakima, WA AAR for Nov 19/20, 2011

Started by Joni, November 20, 2011, 10:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

Another wonderful weekend, cold, snow on Saturday, but Sunday no precipitation and the shooters were awe some.  There were as many kids as there were adults, but for the most part they paid attention and had plenty of hot chocolate!

Thanks to all instructors and shooters who came, especially Rizzin's father from Mass., and Reformed Redneck and Evenstar for coming the distance! We appreciate it so much!

Congratulations Sparks on your Rifleman Patch and thanks for taking the orange hat, we look forward to working with you in the near future!

Congratulations to Rizzin and OnlyHitsCout on your Red Hats, you both look so good in red!!
Tim, it was so good to see you again, thanks for letting me shoot your Remington 700, what a pleasure that was!

Congratulations Bobby on your additional Riflemans Score and thanks for taking the orange hat, we look forward to working with you in the future too!

I will attempt to attach some pictures, but as usual I will put all of them on Picasa and post the link on this forum for your viewing pleasure and taking!

Joni

Joni

Congratulations everyone!

Joni

A few more pictures.

Joni

The last of the pictures!

Earl

I do like that Winterseed Rifleman patch, well earned O0. And you had a Remington 700 on the line to share. ^-^ Great Shooting and Historic Heritage event. :bow: Bet Rizzen loved to demonstrate with the Brown Bess and bayonet.  ^:)^ I was only there long enough to take a couple of photos to post here for the shooters.

Congratulations OnlyHitsCount and Rizzin on you bright Red Hats.  ;) Knew you could do it.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Prescott

Congratulation to the new colored hats and rifleman.

It is true, Amy and Ed look great in Red!  Bobby looks good in Orange, but something tells me he will be Red soon enough.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

splaticus

It was really nice to see everyone again, it's been too long since my last Appleseed!  Congratulations to Wayne for persisting and earning not only his Rifleman patch today but a Winterseed patch to boot!

Hayden, it was a pleasure meeting you today, I see great things in your future.  You really are a great shot! 

Amy, congrats on your red hat, you have work hard for more then a year now and deserve it for all the time and effort you put in! 

Nice to see John and Erin out to their first Appleseed, keep persisting and we'll hopefully see you both back in December...more gear to buy John!  Fun Fun!

Thank you Joni for the hot chocholate!  It was so fun watching you and Evenstar shooting the Rem 700.  Both of you shot ragged holes with it...I was trying to give you two tips on shooting with it when I should have been taking notes myself!

Larry, as always it was a pleasure to take part in a shoot that you were involved in, your passion for Appleseed is inspiring.

As always my kids had fun and both said they learned a lot!  I think it might be time to get rid of their Davy Cricket and get them a 10-22!  Nah...stick with the bolt action!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Sparkss

28 degrees on arrival Saturday 8 am , snowed most the day we ot about 2 inches maybe, 28 degrees 4:30pm when we headed home, 20 degrees Sunday  morning 7:50 am , 32 degrees when we left at  4 pm for home, with such a great group to do this with I hardly noticed it was sub freezing .. I was warm the whole time !

Great  job on the pictures Joni and Earl !

Joni .. Thank you !

Spalticus .. Thank you !

Grats to OnlyHitsCout and Rizzen for thier Red hats :-)

I want to thank everyone for all the help and hard work they do and have done with appleseed.. you are awesome....Thank you for helping me get my rifleman patch :-)  Westernrose (we missed your warm smile this weekend), Evenstar ( that's even not ever , or not ever even  or something like that lol ), Reforemdredneck, TruTenacity, 06en, Dave ( sorry  Dave i don't know your screen name.. just gettin old i think lol ) , Rizzen, winkinnot blinkin ( for all teh great help with my kids) , OnlyHitsCout, Joni....  I can't recall the screen names of some ..JrReforemdRednecks name slips my mind .. I really must be getting old ....   god bless you all and thank you for such dedication and sacrifice of your time, I hope I can bring something useful to the table with me under my new orange hat :-) my apologies if I failed to mention you thank you too !!
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  Jesus Christ, Matt 10:34

I Would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens , and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. we can never be safe till this is done. "
Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe 1823 (burgh 13:261)

Sparkss

I am sorry I left you off my list  Prescott ! lol  I can't edit  my posts yet .. hehe... so I'm caught !  and my bad spelling hangs head in shame  .. lol
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  Jesus Christ, Matt 10:34

I Would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens , and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. we can never be safe till this is done. "

George Hacker

Quote from: Sparkss on November 21, 2011, 02:32:54 PM
I hope I can bring something useful to the table with me under my new orange hat :-)
Sparkss,

Congratulations on earning your winterseed patch.  Well done! ^:)^

Thank you for stepping up and taking an orange hat.  Although I am based in SW Washington, I hope to come out your way sometime and work with you on the Appleseed trail.  It's bound to happen since Theophilus and Joni keep offering to give me a roundtrip, weekend ride to Yakima.  Thanks again for volunteering as an IIT. O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Sparkss

Thank you ShadowMan, I'm sure our paths will cross soon , Castle Rock here I come :-) hehe  not sure funds will be there for New Years shoot  but for sure sometime summer 2012, its just too hot over here in the summer :-)  you suppose they will ever make a Heatseed/summerseed patch for over 100 ? lol sweats at the thought lol

Evenstar

Every time I think back to this shoot, I can't help but smile! Even though it was bitter cold, it was a great time.

First, CONGRATULATIONS to OnlyHitsCount and Rizzin on their change of hat colors. You've both worked hard, and have earned those red hats. Well done!

Also, congratulations and thank you to Bobby and Sparkss for taking on the orange hats. Being an instructor is often hard work, but it's a lot of fun too. ;) Looking forward to working a line with both of you.

Erin and John, I enjoyed working with you guys! Thank you both for your teachable attitudes and willingness to learn. Keep practicing those 6 Steps and come on back to another Appleseed! O0

Sparkss, I was so glad that I was there when you got your rifleman scores. Thanks for putting up with me. ;D

Austin, I enjoyed working with you too. Do some dry-firing at home, and work on your NPOA and trigger finger. Great improvement from day 1 to day 2. O0

Elijah, good job on learning the steps to making your rifle safe. ;)

Rick, keep working on your trigger control. It was great to meet you and I hope you can make it to an Appleseed in Mass.

Tim and crew, great to see you guys again. Thanks so much for letting me shoot your Remington 700. SO much fun! :D

Instructors, always a pleasure working with ya'll. We'll see you all again soon. (Hopefully we can get some SPRING or SUMMER shoots set up for Yakima. **))

Earl, I was so surprised and pleased to see you. Thanks for stopping by, even though it was only for a moment. Made my day. :cool2:

And a big thanks to the range for holding another Appleseed shoot!

~Evenstar

PS. I've only got a few Saturday pictures on MY camera, which are below. Rizzin will have to post the rest of my pictures which are on his camera. Thanks Joni and Earl for your great pictures too! The Jr. one is great, Joni! O0

RR and I had a beautiful drive over to the Yakima Valley Friday afternoon

Theophilus telling 1st Strike at lunch

Rizzin followed up with the 2nd Strike

Rizzin and Elijah

OnlyHitsCount and Theophilus about to teach the seated positions

Sparkss, Austin, and Erin at the left end of the line

And the rest of the line

Elijah working on prone

RR and OHC going over standing

Rick

Bobby and 06en

Elijah and his Jr. Patriot Patch

Couldn't resist... the view behind us on the line was beautiful
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to you all,

This was a bona fide Winterseed. It snowed the majority of Saturday, and was appropriately chilly on Sunday.

What a group of shooters. These were a number of first time Appleseeders who came out to learn to shoot in the snow and cold. Even the younger ones didn't seem to mind it much. We had two days of instruction and history, and everyone stuck with it.

We had 3 Riflemen; two requalifed and one new. Congratulations to all three, and especially for Sparks getting that Winterseed patch. You worked hard for it. Kudos to Splaticus on the repeat scores. I'm wagering he may be the first shooter in the region to make a 250. He keeps trying. And with a bolt rifle at that. So close....Bobby may give him some competition though.

Thanks to Sparks and IC2(SS)19Z50C5 for taking Orange Hats. Welcome to the Instructor corps.

Congratulations to our new Red Hats, Rizzin and OnlyHitsCount, and to Theophilus for passing his PC4

To our shooters - Thanks for coming out to spend a weekend learning about our shared heritage and learning what it takes to become Riflemen. Persist in practicing what we taught you and you will be successful. We'll look forward to seeing you at future events.

Thanks to the Instructor staff. You guys (and gals) are solid.

Photos, I'm sure, are waiting to be posted, so I'll get this up and step aside.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

BRAVO ZULU to all!!!

Especially those Range Staff personnel who traveled to CWRC to put on such a great event!!! I'm impressed by the personal dedication of those who come forth to pony-up and put on such a great training event for all of us. You and all the participants/shooters who attended certainly rate as "Hard Core Hackers" as opposed to those "non-hackers" who may not have attended. And I was certainly impressed by the couple who traveled all the way from Tonasket to attend and shoot their first Appleseed event.  As always, I'm impressed with the youngster, like Elijah for example, who show up and "Soldier Through" the day without a complaint what so ever.

I'll be at the December shoot, you can count on it!!!

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, VFW, EANGUS & V.H.A.
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII,
Tin Can Sailors.org, and an Associate member of the 4th ID Association

Rizzin

Yep, it was a pretty standard Yakima Winderseed, snow and cold

My camera batteries packed it in after 2 shots, but not the shooters, they just kept going and going right up until the range wanted to kick us out so they could go home. Tough and dedicated bunch of shooters.

Several new shooters which is fantastic to see, even more so in slightly less then ideal weather.
Lots of youngsters which is always great to see.

I am super glad my dad could make it out and allow my to drag him to an AS

Theophilus Carding the Sights

New shooter Erin

Spaticus working his bolt

Erin getting extra help with sling

Joni working Splat's Rem700

patches  Patches  PATCHES!

Hats   ..:..

The rest of the Album
Thanks to ES for the photos

TruTenacity

It took me so long to read through and look at all the photos I've run out of time writing up the Lewiston, ID AAR.

Nice event! 
From what I hear the history telling was superb!
New shooters on the line with accomplished shooters.
Repeat shooters joining the instructor cadre.
Wonderful promotion accomplishments.
Excellent Winterseed weather.
Who could ask for more?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Cobra32

Thank you all for your help.I think that Appleseed is a really program and i will be attending all of the events i can. hope to see you all in December. Appleseed really improved my shooting i will hand out flyers and try to get more people to come out and experience what i did. 

Earl

I don't know who is getting more professional faster, the Appleseed crew in that last picture (I remember when they didn't have an RWVA ballcap of any color) or Evenstar as photographer. Great shooting on all counts, and Amy lives up to her handle, love that Red Coat.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Joni

Pictures are ready in Picasa and here is the link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2011119120YakimaAppleseed?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvq5_Ws4q6TXg
please let me know if it does not work, I tested it and it was good.

George Hacker

Quote from: Joni on November 22, 2011, 06:39:47 PM
Pictures are ready in Picasa and here is the link:
please let me know if it does not work, I tested it and it was good.
The link works great, Joni!  Thanks for posting it.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

I just made a pertinent posting at the below link, scroll down to the bottom to see my suggestion to all who attend AS training sessions at CWRC in Moxee, WA.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22903.0

If anyone is interested or has questions, feel free to shoot me a message or e-mail me.

See You  "down range"
B/R,  IC2(SS)19Z50C5

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, VFW, EANGUS & V.H.A.
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII,
Tin Can Sailors.org, and an Associate member of the 4th ID Association