News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho AAR for November 12-13, 2011 (KD only)

Started by Reformed Redneck, November 14, 2011, 12:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

To all,

We had a very good shoot these last two days. We had a little snow on the ground and additional snowfall and wind both nights, so declared this event a Winterseed.

We had six shooters who showed up for two days of Known Distance shooting. This was the first event of it's kind in Idaho, and we had participants who drove pretty long distances from Montana and western Washington to attend.

We warmed them up on some 25 meter shooting and verifying of zeros, then gave them the opportunity to shoot a couple of standard AQT's. From there we went to the general presentation of material concerning KD shooting. The shooters then had an opportunity to to gather real data on sight adjustments on KD targets set from 100 through 400 yards. After this process, they had the opportunity to shoot a KD AQT.

Sunday started by warming up on squares and Redcoats, and then going to the KD AQT's. We finished up with a couple of standard AQT's and some Redcoats.

Most of the Riflemen re-qualified on the standard AQT's, and one was able to qualify on the KD AQT's (repeatedly). Congratulations go to Noah on his success on the KD AQT.

Thanks to the shooters and the instructor staff for making this the smoothest running Appleseed event I've ever been a part of. You all contributed significantly to the success of the event.

I should also mention that Noah took the Orange Hat.  Roland was awarded a Red Hat, joining the ranks of our junior instructors. Fyrediver received the Orange Hat that I had promised him last month in Yakima.

I think it would be safe to say that we will be looking forward to the opportunity to do this again. I really want to see thburr qualify on the KD AQT with his Gunsite Scout Rifle. Great effort thburr!

I'm sure that there are photos that will make their way to this thread, so I'll step aside.

See you all on the Trail.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

George Hacker

Roland, a red hat?  Congratulations, Roland.  Well done!   ^:)^

Also thank you, Noah, for taking an orange hat.   O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

thburr

Reformed Redneck,

Great shoot!  The Idaho contingent did an excellent job.  I started working on that scout rifle Sunday night when I got home and will be at your next KD event to sling more lead.

Congrats to all that received hats and those that upgraded their hats.  It was nice to meet everyone.

thburr

Evenstar

Great weekend! We had some great shooters/instructors on the line, and the two who weren't instructors yet walked away with orange hats. ^-^ Noah and Brian, good to meet you, and thanks for taking on the hats. And congratulations to Roland on the red hat! O0

We had some impressive targets out there this weekend. Most notable I think was Noah's stage 3, 300 yard target on one of the KD AQTs. He aced it, with iron sights to boot.

thburr, it was good to meet you. You'll get that cleared red coat. It was cool to watch you work that bolty.

Mark, it was great to see you again, and I'm looking forward to seeing you back in Idaho soon! Thanks for the sling. I put it on my rifle as soon as I got home. Coolest sling ever. ;D ;D ;D And thank you for letting me shoot your AR. :cool2:

With all of the attendees being Riflemen and most instructors, I got to spend time behind the camera quite a bit. That being said, I only have a few on MY camera, with the rest being on Rizzin's (thanks for letting me borrow it!). Either he or I will post the others later. Betsy, I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Instructors, thanks for a great weekend. RR, thburr, and Mark, I liked the history. O0

Till next time,
ES

Snow on the ground Saturday morning. Starting off at 25 yards.

Just need a few sight adjustments

thburr

Actineon

Mark

Noah

A little review on positions

A LOT of ammo
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Rizzin

As always the FRGC range is great place to hold an AS and a absolutely beautiful range.

Great instructors and fellow shooters

Gathering data on distance come-ups

Wow, 400 can seem like such a long distance

Specially after walking it a few times  ;D

Congrats!!

Evenstar took lots more pictures then I can post here so here is the link to the rest of the album

RangeRat

What a beautiful range... And the snow... How I miss it...

Oh yeah (the scenery distracted me)...  And the shooters look like they're having a great time!  Hats off to all for braving the weather and congrats to the new hats....

Someday we'll join you for a shoot on either side of the line!  O0

RR

TruTenacity

All, don't forget to post comments on the Northwest Region facebook page plus "share" the post.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Theophilus

Congratulations to the new funny colored hats.

Roland, it is wonderful to see you receive that hat.  You have earned it.

Noah and Fyrediver, Joni and I look forward to working and shooting with you as we all work toward earning red hats.

Theophilus and Joni
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Betsy

This was the first center-fire long-distance-ony shoot I have been involved with, and the skills displayed by the shooters were very impressive.  Glad I wasn't paying for anyone's ammo though.  Definitely noisier than the 22's we see more of,  and one was throwing brass into the next county.
"Ditto" on the congrats to the new Red Hats, KD Rifleman scores, and previous comments posted.
Most of my photos were similar to those already posted except for the attached.  I've seen individuals cross their legs in preparation for the transition from standing to sitting before, but never the entire line of shooters.
The second reaffirms that the Redcoat and AQT target sizes really are the same size as the actual long distance targets, in case there are any doubters.
The third shows how steep the climb up the hill is for the last 25 yards to the 400-yard targets.  The snow made it very slick too.
What a pleasure to be around such awesome people all weekend.