News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta IN Nov 12-13 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, November 13, 2011, 08:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

WOW! Are we in Kansas Toto?

Talk about windy, weights on the mats, 20+ staples per target, and shooters leaning into the wind to steady themselves for stage 1. Did we stop trying? No, Riflemen persist. What a great bunch of tough shooters, resilient, determined, and never a sour look. Even when we had gusts that easily clocked over 40 mph.

We saw fantastic improvement with our Redcoat scores doubling between Sat morning and Sat evening. The Sunday morning five squares were by far the best I had ever seen, and the AQTs did not disappoint.  We had handfuls of targets with scores over 150, plenty with scores over 180, and two new Riflemen.

I'll save most of my comments for after we see some pictures, but feel free to chime in until then.

Thank you, all of you, for a great weekend.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

Hey we had a shoot.  Boy was it windy.  Boy were the shooters good.  Lets be honest, if the wind had not scagged the off hand and seated stages we could have handed out a half dozen more patches.  So it goes...

the Boss and his Enforcer

Under the watchful eye

you ain't kiddin

learnin

shootin

what are you guys laughin at?

More pictures of what mentoring looks like.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Niecie

What a great weekend in spite of the breezy conditions.  :) We had a fantastic group of shooters, instructors, and support staff.

Speaking of support staff, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Acutee for  making us a wonderful soup and sandwiches for lunch and dinner. We were certainly well fed  :bow:

Congratulations to HQ - you look great in red ;) ;) You are a great instructor!

Great to meet the new shooters and instructors, and always wonderful to visit with the returning shooters. Congratulations to our new Riflemen!! I look forward to seeing you all again, soon.

Niecie

Now to the pics....

Good Morning shooters

So many things to say here  **)

The trigger drill is working very well.

Getting down to business.

Again, so many things to say here  **)
SPQR leads the new IITs training in the morning.

The new IITs getting in the dirt in the afternoon.

Learning the positions

And the instruction pays off...

The wrap up...

Niecie

AAHHH Sunday. Warmer and windier, but a great day. First order of business, HQ gets her red hat. Congratulations  ^:)^

HQ and Kate cover the recap...

Then we get down to work.

Helping each other...

The reason we do what we do....

Shooting the Garand...

Special thanks to Kate for sharing her Garand...

Our Riflemen.... CONGRATULATIONS   ^:)^

Parting shot...
Thanks to Brown for sharing his rifle O0

draben

What a great time!  Thank you to the instructors for putting on a fun, safe, and very informative event. 

philagothon

Looks like everyone had a great time.  I'm sorry I had to miss it.  Congrats to the new Riflemen and HQ for earning her red hat ^:)^ :bow: &).  It was great to see some familiar faces from last month in the photos.  I hope to see all of you on the trail soon.

El Conquistador

I'd like to give a big thanks to all the instructors.  This was my 3rd appleseed and I am still learning.  I enjoyed seeing familiar faces and making some new friends. 

Still trying to talk the wife into doing an appleseed in the spring.  If we both can make it I'll be shooting iron sights :wall:

AuntieBellum

El Conquistador - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  So glad you got your well-deserved Rifleman patch.

Looks like another great shoot at Atlanta - great job, everyone!   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Royal-1

I'll add my .02 even with me only being there on Saturday and really only for half that day as I was in training during the morning.
It was great watching things come together when we went through the carding of the sights. Watching as you made those small adjustments to get a true Natrual Point Of Aim, NPOA, and being able to relax and let the rifle fall right back on target after each shot. Seeing your faces when we went down to verify targets. It just all clicked and I think most of you got the, I can do this, this stuff works!
You all kept that information through the day, near the end of the day as we shot on the AQT target from the different positions you were shifting for your NPOA.
I am so proud of you all for your desire to learn and your willingness to try something different and sometimes even uncomfortable.
I look forward to seeing everyone at another Appleseed in the future. With determination, and maybe a little less wind, everyone of you will be Riflemen.
Great job all. ^:)^