News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN. Nov. 12-13 AAR

Started by Mudcat, November 13, 2011, 08:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Just a brief opening to hold the spot. 22 shooters yesterday came out for marksmanship and Heritage yesterday. Beautiful day except for the wind. No Riflemen yet but today should bring a few around. More will be posted later this evening.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

Is anyone else wind burnt? I have never had wind like that for 2 days but it did not stop our hardy Americans that came out on opening day of gun season to not deer hunt but to learn Marksmanship and Heritage. We started out with the prone position on Saturday morning then moving through the 6steps, NPOA, Riflemans cadence, and on and on and on by lunch time we shut the fire hose down for a bit but turned it back on for the first strike then right into seated and standing we practiced transitions then Hawkhaven gave us the second strike and we jumped right into 2 AQTs back to back. No Riflemen but we had more than a few that were close and everyone showed great promise and improvement. XDman gave us the 3rd strike and we we packed it up and headed out under the lights. A great day with great Americans! Sunday am the wind was even worse and we had a 400 yard range that it could gather steam before it blew our stuff all over. Still we had a full house and an eager bunch it was. A review of the safety rules and we were going over the steady hold factors, 6 steps, NPOA again. Then we were into the AQT grind. The first one to make 210 was Eric a repeat Rifleman that backed it up. The next was Tammy who showed up with her husband Tim and friend Scot they were happy for her and more determined. After lunch Betsy and Charlie showed up with Dad James for some more wind blasting. Zak was improving every AQT as was James, Scot, Lori,, Tim, Justin and Jason was rocking the M1a and just shy of the 210 several times. Kimberly was having fun and learning always smiling. Matt it is time for you to start shooting standing and doing the transitions you done great on stage 3 and 4 I mean great! I see a Riflemans patch in your very near future. Morgan and Charlie was our designated marksmen and was doing great at the 6 steps and was a fine example of a safe shooters. You were a lot of fun even if Charlie did remind me that I had not removed my fake magazine (shotgun shell) during a demo with the demo rifle. Don't think you will get over on this guy! Morgan had the disappearing target so many times of Sunday it was not even funny. We did fix it with the duct tape though.
Tim, Scot and Tammy won the team game by destroying the star.
The last AQT of the weekend another Rifleman emerged through the wind. It was Jason with the M1a congratulations Jason you definitely persisted and did not give up. Scot had a 206 and a few others really close too.
I want to thank you all for the great weekend! It was a pleasure to have each and every one of you all on the line this weekend. Sorry I did not get any pics my phone decided it did not want to bother me and just quit. There is good in that too.  ;) But no pics. I know Redfox took a lot of pictures and he should post them soon.
Don't forget the New Years Eve shoot at Red Brush range it will be a great time again.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

RedFox24

AWESOME TIME AT EVANSVILLE!!!    :---

Will do an AAR later but wanted to get the pictures up......will post them in groups.

First Group is our JR shooters, Rifleman and team game winners!

"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

RedFox24

When we say we had wind, man did we have wind.  Not bad on Day 1 and the 75 yard range but it tore things up on Day 2 and the 400 yard range.  We spent a lot of time fixing the target line and ended up using duct tape to make it work after driving some T post as the wind busted the plastic fence post and bent the steel rod fence post.  I looked it up and we had wind gusts in the + 40MPH range on Sunday.  All that being said, we persisted! 

Wind and Target Line

RedFox24

Our two designated Marksman as Mudcat said:

Charlie and his rifle "Thumper".

Morgan and her "BAR"

RedFox24

Tried to get at least one picture of everyone on the line, was able to get several of some.........enjoy

RedFox24

more shooters,

RedFox24

sorry for so many post.  I have even more pictures but trying to save bandwith....

Here are just a few instructor shots...

Mudcat

Great pics Redfox even the ones with me in them.
--George Washington

GunShotResidue

Had a great time at this shoot. The instructors were incredible (even if my dad tried to have us fire before loading)  ;D Thanks for a great day guys!
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
--Psalm 23:6