News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed at Hunter's Sight In this weekend! HELP NEEDED!

Started by LadyVetch, November 07, 2011, 02:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyVetch

Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi Wi is having a hunter's sight in on Nov 12th and 13th, 2011 from 8am to 4pm.  The board has agreed to allow Appleseed to set up our booth to promote our program and to provide much needed help to the director, Tim.

I think ColyCat will be helping with the booth and also offering short IMC clinics to those interested in hearing it. 

While Appleseed personal will not be allow to be on the firing line helping people unless they are a member of the Winnequah Gun Club, the director will need help working in the pits, directing traffic and helping serve food to the volunteers among other things.

I know - We are Rifleman not cooks - but a true Rifleman steps up where the need is greatest and that usually means the jobs others will not do. 

So, please let me know if you can spare some time this Sat or Sun.  In the past over 800 people have attended and the weather looks to be good.

Thanks

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Janir

I can help out on Saturday. What time should I be there by and is there anything I should have with me?
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

colycat

When do you want me there?  Is there something I should bring?  I cannot help on Sunday, though.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trig

I will be out of state this weekend, sorry I can't help bail
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

LadyVetch

Hi all!

Thanks for the replies.

Everyone is meeting at Range G at 8am on Saturday.  The sight in starts at 9am.  Be prepared for the weather.  We will feed you.

Coly - Did you still want to do table?   We would need the table stuff and trifolds.  Also some of the t-shirts to give away would be awesome too.   I gave them away to anyone who stopped and talked with me.  So, whatever you think would be best.  It is supposed to be nice but windy so I am not sure how a tent would work.  I have a pop up we could use if you would like though.  It doesn't have sides though.

We could also have a daily drawing for a free certificate if you would like.    Vortex is giving away scopes and I thought we too could give away our product.

Bad news is that I will not be there until after 10am.  Jared is going to a Boy Scout campout and I have to get him there by 9am.   Sooooo..... 

My husband Tim will be there and can help you decide where to set up.  I was thinking between the shed and the parking area...  Everyone would have to walk right by us....

Ask more questions as I don't know what else to tell ya!

Renee
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Janir

I have a smaller folding table about 4-5' long and a pop up tent with stakes I'll bring. If we use them great, if not no biggie.
Working around the work schedule to  see if I can do Sunday at least part of the time. (am)

In any case I'm at your disposal.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

LadyVetch

Hi Janir,

Thanks - that would be great.

See you Sat.

Renee

Janir

Saturday and Sunday seemed to go well. Gave out a bunch of tee-shirts Saturday to every kid we could grab and Sunday a bunch of targets. Easier to approach the families it seemed, but got a few hunters interested in the IMC whiteboard display on Sunday for 'How to sight in your rifle with just a box of ammo.' Not as many as I'd liked but my first intention was to have some sort of small handout with Appleseed website info, but I was out of ink on my printer.  :wb: