News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka, Kansas Nov 5-6, 2011

Started by 4bfox, November 07, 2011, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Another great weekend in the rolling Flint Hills of Kansas. We had students from three states show up for our shoot....Oklahoma, Nebraska and of course Kansas!

Saturday was a bit of a challenge with the weather...winds up to 40mph got the wind chill down into the Winterseed range...but all of our shooters made tremendous improvements, as evidenced by the afternoon Redcoats! We also had our first Rifleman of the weekend qualify...congrats Jeromy! His first Appleseed with a bolt .308 no less...

Sunday weather-wise was a 180...warmed up quickly to shirt sleeve temps, with tolerable wind (for Kansas). Note the flags in the background of the pics...Saturday vs Sunday....  We had another Rifleman qualify on Sunday...Congrats Ken!

Those who didn't qualify made big improvements in their shooting....keep at it guys, USE those dry-fire targets and materials in your handouts! See you next time around...our first Winterseed is on Dec 3rd. Dorm WILL be available with hot showers/breakfast just like every other month!

Thanks again to Bonnie and Audie at Christian Hills Camp for their outstanding facilities...so nice to walk in to a hot breakfast (and coffee)!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

jollybfd

Ben, you summed it up well!  I was very glad to see the young men there and their dramatic improvement to their scores!  All the shooters were a joy to work with.  I hope to see you all on the range again soon!
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. - Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

khamill2000

4bfox

In my shoot box, waiting on appropriate weather.... O0

Unfortunately, it'd warmed up by the time Jeromy and Ken qualified! :-[
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

hangfire

Looks like another fantastic Eurika shoot.

4bfox

Yeah...we had fun. Very impressive to watch Jeromy work that bolt rifle...that dude can shoot!  O0

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

khamill2000

4bfox

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

paladin51

Thanks to Ben and all the instructors, Zack and I had another great time.  Looking forward to December.

dzhitshard

A little late in the joining & contribution but I just wanted to say that Nate & I had a really good time.
Nate said it was the best time we ever had together & that includes several hunting & white water trips so I guess that is something;)

I was impressed myself with the bolt guns capability. It's my go to field gun so I figured I'd give her a run there. There were some magazine issues (I've bought 3 more now so I may bring it out again) & about a 2-3% ammo failure rate over the course or else I believe I would have performed a little better.

We've been to another AS shoot in the mean time (the 6 hour drive just isn't Nate's cup of tea;) & though it was a good time as well I really appreciate the instructor crew we had @ the KS shoot.

I have been to a fair number of shooting/gunfighting schools on my & the .govs time over the years. I can't get behind everything that is taught in the curriculum here but I truly believe that this is one of the best building blocks for the fundamentals of marksmanship outside of the US Army's (defunct?) SDM instructor course or USMC boot camp. The cadre here had a high level of actual shooting & mechanical experience and they did a great job in passing it along to the shooters on the line.

I shot multiple qualifying scores with several different rifles @ the last AS we attended. I've been considering making the commitment to apply for a hat myself & see if I can contribute some.

Thanks for the great opportunity & we look forward to making it down in a month or two.

Jeromy
εἷς οἰωνὸς ἄριστος, ἀμύνεσθαι περὶ πάτρης