News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chillicothe 11/05-06

Started by Patriot Gal, November 06, 2011, 01:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

What a glorious day for an Appleseed!

18 great Americans, got off the couch and joined us to learn excellent rifle marksmanship skills and their American Heritage.  An attentive and hard working group they were.  The day was comfortably cool with sunshine.  The students listened and learned extremely well.  You should've seen those groups shrink during the morning on Saturday.  Very impressive!

I'll add more after Sunday, but suffice it to say that the day yielded one Rifleman (woman) Brittney  and an orange hat,  Bruce, "Hasenpheffer" who came down just to help us this weekend from Chicagoland and accepted the orange hat.  (Then we put him to work )  &)

Here are the pics of our new Rifleman and Instructor in Training!!  Please give them a warm Appleseed welcome!!!   ^:)^

Addendum for Sunday"  We had 7 Riflemen and 4 new Orange hats!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ..:.. ..:..
More pictures and narrative to follow tomorrow!

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!! O0 O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

Congratulations Britteny, it was a pleasure to have been able to work with and coach you. A little tweaking here
a little tweaking there and you were on your way. You demonstrated great poise and determination with dogged persistence
which are the things that make you a riflewoman. Your young marine should be proud of you as you earned that patch. He
will know what it means. We are extremely happy for your family and dad. We thank God feeling privileged to come to know
such a fine family as yours Glen. Hope to see you all again soon on the Appleseed trail and that more folks from Springfield will
be coming to our area next time.

What a treat our newest Orange Hat is. Thank you Bruce for helping me set up the target line last night and for sharing in so much of the
work getting the remainder finished this morning along with the other shooter volunteers and instructors. We feel honored to have
such a good man as you join us for the work ahead of us.  Your integrity is work ethic is exemplary and valued. As I remember the echo of your
words: ,... I came to Appleseed to work. Welcome aboard good sir. Bruce shot Rifleman with both left hand and right hand previously. Besides
that he holds a global record for taking one of the largest recorded trophy Impalas in South Africa a while ago. This man can shoot. Delighted
to have him on the firing line. 

Dave Out of Ammo and Plenty of Ammo joined us and worked hard instructing. What a joyful thing to have them with us.
HBar238 worked throughout the day until he got word of his sick son needing immediate attention and had to relieve his sleeping wife
who had to leave for work to cover her night shift. Hope to see you in the morning and that all is well with your precious son.

Adam and Gabriel came all the way up from Alton to attend this day, hungry for a repeat of their Alton experience. We hope they went away filled
with satisfaction. That Rifleman badge is still illusive but you will both get it as you persist. We look forward to the day you join our instructor ranks
as I suspect that you will, after the new baby is born. O0

Lord Joker...... the floggings will continue till the marksmanship improves. Tomorrow is your day.

So many fine people to share this wonderful Saturday with. 

More tomorrow for sure.

Cheers,

CM

This is
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Waffle

I had an extremely good time ..:..! I made tons of new friends and even though I had a few minor malfunctions, I still had tons of fun  ;D! Even though I didn't make rifleman I was proud of how much I improved. And one last thing, everyone shot really good earlier!  :---

lordjoker1977

Ya done good kid.  Around 60 points improvement Saturday to Sunday, with a switch to her purple rifle which helped.  She was shooting her younger brother's rifle Saturday, which isn't the proverbial tack driver (Mossy 702 plinkster)
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

Patriot Gal

Day two at Chillicothe brought wonderful results from 12 shooters on the line.  3 more AQTs resulted rapidly in 6 more Riflemen being birthed and 4 new instructors in training accepted their orange hats!!!    ^:)^

Congratulations to all the Riflemen Jenny, Brittany, John, Glen, John, Cameron and Derek!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^   John P., Glen and Cameron later taking orange hats!!!  Huzzah!, Huzzah!, Huzzah!!!!!

The Instructor group continued to grow throughout the weekend.  We started with 5, and grew to 9 (HBAR238 had to leave for family matters) Hasenpheffer, Lordjoker1977, redbird, Castle Mountain, brother_com, Plenty of Ammo, OutaAmmo, and SB Patriot Gal. 

Then here's the group pic!  The light was fading quickly on Sunday after the time change.  What a great time we had learning marksmanship skills and our history as Americans! 

More pics later.
Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Last, but not least.  Here's Cameron after taking his orange hat.  We had to wait until his mother picked him up so we could get consent from her that he be an IIT and what that meant for her and him.

He was one happy guy!!!

Congrats Cameron (hoping to be "rapidfire" when he gets registered on the forum)

As you can see, it was pretty dark by that time.

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Thought you'd like to see what following directions can do for you!  These are two of John M.'s targets.  He said he was "just doing it the way" we "taught him".  I like that!! O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Hasenpheffer

Patriot Gal and Castle Mountain 

Thank you for your many kind words.  As always the shoot was delightful and went off very smoothly but that is a testament to your dedication and preparation.  I have always been  impressed with your no nonsense approach to instructing while still having fun. It is a hard mix to achieve but you make it look effortless.  I am looking forward to helping at many future successful shoots.  (Lord willing and the creeks don't rise)

Hasenpfeffer

Patriot Gal

And we were sooo happy that you decided to join us Hasenpheffer!!! 

Here's a few more pics for the viewing audience.  What a great weekend!

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan