News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL 11/5-6/11 Holy Cannonfire!

Started by Old Glory!, November 05, 2011, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

Perfect day for an Appleseed!

GREAT group of Americans!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

The One

Great time & learning experience !!!

I would like to thank you and the other "Hats" for all your help and knowledge.. The Liberty Bars were FANTASTIC TOO!!
I also really  liked  story time !! I had a flash back being back in school during library time lol!! It was great to learn the REAL start of the Revolutionary War!

The One

Trig

Glad you enjoyed it!  it was a beautiful weekend (wish I could have made it out there Sunday too!).  I hope you all use what you learn, and never forget that 7th step!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

yellowhousejake

Niecie and I seem to always have a great time out of state. Waterman did not disappoint.

Saturday started out a bit frosty but warmed up quick. We were entertained all day to the sound of cannons! What a treat. We got off to a slow start but picked up time quickly and kept the time monkey at bay finishing up the instruction in time to go straight into AQTs on Sunday.

What a great and attentive bunch of Americans we had. Everyone took the instruction to heart, listened, asked good questions, stayed safe ( not often we can have so many new shooters on a line and have not a single safety issue!).

We saw a lot of good improvement with scores going from the low hundreds to a large stack of marksman targets, including a few in the 180s. So many youths, all doing well, all being safe and acting like fine young adults. Your instructors appreciate it very very much. You made your parents proud.

We got a lot of learning done, learning about markmanship, learning about history, and learning about ourselves. It showed we must have been having a good time when Saturday only shooters came back on Sunday, and brought friends to boot. I think I set a record for selling Rifleman Opportunity cards and signing CMP certificates.

I want to thank our hosts, the IL instructors were great to work with, we didn't get to see much of BrownBessEd, but we put him to work even grabbing a Red hat from ColyCat's car to stuff on his head while he gave us all a safety briefing. Thanks also to Coly and OldGlory for joining us from Wisconsin, what a great pair of instructors.

Special thanks to George, while he couldn't stay to instruct he got everything squared away and made certain WE didn't have to worry about preparing the range, only about being the best instructors we could. A visiting Shoot Boss really appreciates the effort.

Check over your targets, there are some good notes on there. Remember, your target will not lie to you, what seems mysterious now will make sense as you shoot more, practice we you learned, and read more targets.

I hope to see you all on the line again in the future, possibly wearing some nifty colored hats  ;)

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Chewie

Chewie here checking in, I had a blast at my second appleseed shoot. Relearned things I had forgotten about, looking forward to seeing ya'll again in Dec hope for best weather....

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Karl

Waterman has a unique quality that offered shooter a challenge on Sunday..................WIND and we had a lot of it.............We should rename Waterman to Winderman...... ::)

The reason I bring up the wind is it can be a big distractor. Mats flying around, a gust of wind pushes a shooter making it difficult to keep your front sight on target, etc. One thing I didn't see is any frustration in any of the shooters. They say patience is a virtue and all of you showed the patience and perseverance it takes to become riflemen.  O0

I hope everyone had a good time learning marksmanship and walked away with a better understanding and appreciation for the people that gave us this great country we live in today.

See you on the trail,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Old Glory!

The One!  Welcome!
Glad you made it to the forum.   O0   

America is rich in Heritage.   ..:..

I posted some pictures last night, but my computer timed out before it was completed.   :slap:   I'll try again tonight.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

To all who came and participated. 

Thank you.
You maybe have told some co- workers about what you did this past weekend.  They will not understand, as they probably did some menial tasks around the house and maybe watched the big game on tv.

They will not understand what you did.  But keep telling them anyway, maybe they will come to an Appleseed.

For me this picture says it all.  And to quote John Adams: " If you ever forget what this present generation has done to preserve your liberty, I shall repent in heaven, that we took half the pains to preserver it."

Thank you all for taking the choice to attend.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Nancy, Stephanie, Sydney, Mary, Sue, Jayne, Peg, Barbara, who am I forgetting?....WOW.....this was almost a Ladyseed!   You all brought someone.  Ladies ROCK!!!

Old Glory!

O0

Niecie

What an awesome weekend ^:)^  I enjoyed getting to meet each and every one of you. A real pleasure to see such a wide range of ages and experience on the line. Thank you for spending this weekend with us and being such an energetic, attentive, and determined group. I can't wait to see ALL of you again on the line, and soon!

Extra, extra special thank you to our younger shooters :bow: I know your parents are proud of you, and it was such an honor to spend the weekend with all of you. Keep up the great spirit and we will see you soon O0

It was also great to meet all the instructors! Thank you for all you do for Appleseed and our country. And welcome to our newest instructors. We will see you in December! (I will have Liberty Bars with me...)

See you on the line,

Niecie
Here are the photos I promised.....

Good Morning Shooters

Red Coat

Learning the Steps

Lunch and Strike One...

YHJ utilizes the Hoosier Site Stick to help Emily.

Learning the Positions

What a great day!

Stephanie had such a great day, she decided to come back for Sunday  ^:)^

Sunday Photos up next. Stay tuned....

Niecie

Sunday Morning saw some new shooters and an instructor... ^:)^ warmer weather, and WIND aargh :P

"I am ready. Let's go!"

"Me too!"

The AQT Grind

Fun shoot - teams 1 - 4....

Team 5 going for the prizes....

Congratulations O0 O0

Back to the Grind...

Niecie

The Garand Speech from YellowHouse Jake had folks lining up to get to shoot one. Special thanks to Dave is Here for offering his Garand and instructing too! :bow: :bow:

How many hands does it take to load a Garand?

The other, other kinda shooting **) Get that trigger knee up!

Look at that smile! I think he loves his job  :)

WOW!

The Award goes to...
A very accomplished and happy Stephanie!

Hip Appleseed fashion O0

Most accomplished shooters...

And most important of all......our Awesome Youth Group Thank you all!

Three Strikes

Thank you so much to all the Hats and Shoot Boss that volunteered and put all the effort into making the Waterman AS a success! Thinking about the effort it takes to come from many different states to help put on this event is pure dedication and appreciated immensely. Excellent work  O0 

I had no idea what to expect from the weekend and by Sunday evening became a soaked sponge full of our nations history and newly realized marksmanship skills. Like after watching an inspiring movie we left the range constantly discussing the event, thinking, talking and analyzing it all the way home. We've been studying about it days after and now joining the forum with comments. My AQT's spoke to me when I arrived home Sunday evening..... and it was  8)

Being windy and cold was an excellent opportunity for learning under adverse conditions. I struggled and it was good.

I've been sharing my AS weekend experience with friends and they're all interested. Talking about the camaraderie of everyone at the event, learning American heritage and combining it with marksmanship skills is an inviting recipe.

Rifleman next... :---
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything

Trig

Great to see that everyone had a good time!  Did you say MORE liberty bars?!?!  I'll be coming in December then!  :--- and I can make both days!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************