News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CCW requirements. please help

Started by par0thead151, November 01, 2011, 03:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

par0thead151

well i deserve this, i procrastinated in looking what the requirements are, as i assumed i filled them with the Appleseed event i took part in on 8-13-11 at daniel boone gun club. It does appear to satisfy the states requirements, however i need my instructor to sign off on a form saying i completed ## hours of training.
chris Z. was my instructor who signed off on my completion of marksmanship clinic form. am i being overly cautious, or will the clinic form satisfy the states requirement? i would hate to send it in only to be refused because of such a minor technicality.

if the state did their due diligence, they would easily find out appleseeds are a ALL DAY event, and that would satisfy the requirement for time. however lets be realistic as this is the government we are talking about here, and i do not expect them to do any leg work to get their job done.

any help or advice that can be shed will be much appreciated
thanks.

colycat

We are in the process of creating a form that will satisfy the DOJ requirements, as it appears the CMP form will not.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Janir

See this sticky right above where this thread is

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24599.0

Seems the form is ready to rock.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

par0thead151

Quote from: Janir on November 01, 2011, 04:45:32 PM
See this sticky right above where this thread is

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24599.0

Seems the form is ready to rock.

i contacted fepowered and let him know the name of my instructor and when i went. what else do i need to get the ball rolling on getting a proper form to send to DOJ?
thanks

BugginOut

For anyone that hasn't looked at or filled out the form: it was really straight forward and easy.... Surprisingly enough!
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

bedford

My CMP form does not have the 1) city and state 2) length in hours of the course 3) Phone # for RWVA
Am I missing something, or do we have new forms that include those things?
Sorry, I missed the above post!

Believe it or not, I still have my hunter education card from 1985 that I have carried from wallet to wallet. I guess that is good for the requirements, too.

If someone who uses an RWVA form for getting a CC and that person is negligent/has an accident, can the instructor get sued?

dragonfly

Short answer, no. Same with your hunter safety card. It is the responsibility of the CCW holder. It wouldn't hurt to get some additional handgun training, just sayin  ::) .

Quote from: bedford on November 04, 2011, 11:24:17 PM
My CMP form does not have the 1) city and state 2) length in hours of the course 3) Phone # for RWVA
Am I missing something, or do we have new forms that include those things?
Sorry, I missed the above post!

Believe it or not, I still have my hunter education card from 1985 that I have carried from wallet to wallet. I guess that is good for the requirements, too.

If someone who uses an RWVA form for getting a CC and that person is negligent/has an accident, can the instructor get sued?
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.