News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hutchinson KS, Eaton Gun Club Oct. 29-30th

Started by gpbbiker, October 31, 2011, 10:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpbbiker

The Eaton Gun Club of Hutchinson Kansas hosted this weekend's Appleseed shoot. Many Thanks! It is really nice having a range with a building on it where we can get in out of the weather!! Not that the weather was an issue! It has been a clear and (brutally) dry October! We started out a little frosty on Sat morning but things warmed up in the Fall sunshine!
We had three shooters on the line for both days, and a couple of instructors took time to do some shooting as well. Kelly and Seth showed remarkable progress and will likely make riflemen in a couple Appleseed's. Scott had the Safety rules and Six steps committed to memory! and shot consistently on Sat, but struggled a bit on Sunday! Persistence in all things.
We had a "fun" shoot by placing Pumpkins at the 25 yd target line and the shooters shot 20 rounds at them in rapid cadence. The deer will be happy!
Thanks again to the Eaton Gun Club for the use of their facility!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

burnout

Thanks for posting the pics.  It sure was a fun time and the instruction and education was first rate.
Today I went to the range with my brother.  He was sighting in a new rifle benchrested.  He let me shoot it slung in the seated position.  I shot a better group seated than he did from the bench!  I never could have done that without the excellent instruction I received during our Appleseed event. 
Thanks, and come visit our range again. 
PS: Dave - Ruger makes see-through 10-round magazines for the 10/22!  Problem solved!
-Kelly

The ][rishman

Kelly, I am so glad you found the weekend worth attending.  Thank you for posting your success.  (and from a seated position, excellent!)  I hope you come back next time and bring your brother.
I am working on scheduling another shoot before the end of Year.  I will keep you posted.  Put the bug in Hagman's ear that you would like to have another shoot soon.
You all have a great facility and you make us feel very welcome to be there.

Sincerely,

][

III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

The ][rishman

More Pics
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

Rifleman Kelly

Hello to the Irishman and his merry "Klan" of instructors!  This is my first post of any kind.  (Finally found something worth the effort)  Yes, I see the request for another Appleseed at the Eaton Gun Club and I'll see what we can do.  Seems like we are always busy with something but you should know, I do believe in what Appleseed is all about and will promote it.  I've seen one of those Rifleman patches with the icicles and thought it would be cool (no pun intended) to get one.  After experiencing Saturday morning, I realize that it won't be just cool to get that patch, it's going to be down right COLD.  But I really need one to balance out what we experienced back in July.  (118 F - R U Kidding?)  You and your team of instructors are always welcome at our range.  The Halloween theme Pumpkin and Zombie Shoot was fun, particularly for the youth.  Great idea!  Please enjoy the pictures of you duking it out with a pumpkin at 200 yards.  I'm very honored to be known by you and the rest of the Appleseed Organization as a Rifleman and I hold the utmost respect for all of you.  Take a puff on the pipe for me!
Rifleman Hagman - first name Kelly
Eaton Gun Club President

burnout

Thanks for the additional pictures!
My brother was actually wanting to attend the last event.  However, family duties called for that weekend.  I am certain he would attend another event. 
As far as a Winterseed, I would really enjoy that since I am a cold weather person by nature.   I do realize I am likely in the minority though and a Winterseed could result in low turnout. Still, I believe that whatever discomfort the cold weather would bring attendees, it would pale in comparison to the discomfort of the men who were fighting for the birth of a new nation during winter - and some without even having shoes.  I for one would be honored to attend a Winterseed, patch or no patch, if for nothing else other than as a tribute to those men.   
I can attest that El Presidente Hagman has been doing a great job promoting the Appleseed Project.  I just know (hint, hint Hagman) that he is going to be organizing an event at some point soon, even if it is spring or later.  However we have a very active club calendar, and Rifleman Hagman is very busy.  So to that end, Hagman if there is anything I could help you with to get the next event organized I would be happy to do so.

-Kelly

Patriot Gal

What a great looking group of shooters!

It's so nice to see the youth of America getting involved and learning our rifle marksmanship heritage and the history of who got us here!!!  I hope you keep coming back to more Appleseeds and bring your friends!  O0

Thanks to the Eaton Gun Club for your wonderful support of Appleseed!!!
Thanks for all the pictures!  (At least the pumpkin had a fighting chance at 200yds)   :o   >:D

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan