News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

West Baden, IN Oct. 22-23

Started by POC, October 24, 2011, 12:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POC

Things were beautiful, but a little chilly on Saturday morning, 36 I believe.

We had a line of 9 shooters on Saturday, with 3 not returning Sunday, but a walk on did show up on Sunday.

The rifles, ready to show their worth.

The shooters downrange with instructors, checking out targets.

One of our young shooters, with a somewhat "unorthodox" seated position.  I think the instructors were jealous.

At the end of day one, two of our young shooters who wouldn't be back Sunday, got their young shooter patch.

This greencoat was shot by my 8 year old daughter. We've gone over some of the basics of shooting and always practice safe rifle handling. She was using a bipod on my Remington 597, and this was the first time she'd shot a "real gun".
I think it's time to move up from that Red Rider...
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Uncle Davey

Well, I was the lone walk on accompanied by SPQR on Sunday and we had a blast. West did a fine job along with SPQR's 3rd strike and orange hat Steve. I had to zero in a new scope and was able to shoot a riflemans score on all of my AQT's which a rifleman should!...along with working on the 6 points of firing and my steady hold factors, I still have a ways to go to be the kind of rifleman that I want to be. Instructors were great, kudos to Kim and Bella (8yrs old!) on their improved shooting during the weekend along with Alex, Maz, and Kyle. Jeff got his riflemans patch then shot a 230..great job!! Love this program  ^:)^
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

West

Thanks to POC for getting this started.

Saturday was a perfect day for Appleseed.  The weather was spot on, the shooters were attentive and had a positive attitude, and we got a lot of shooting, teaching, and learning done.

I'm at work at the moment, but I wanted to chime in, I will post more soon!

West :))

JD

Had a great time and think my friend Mike did too. I want to thank West for excellent instruction, orange hat Stever also, and for getting my 10/22 back in working order,  Huff for his good critique and POC for having us there. Looking forward to the next one!

hawkhavn

JD,

Congratulations!  Wish I could have been there but I was a few miles south of Orange County and a few miles northeast of Austin...   :bow:

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com