News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock, WA Oct. 22/23, 2011, AAR

Started by Joni, October 23, 2011, 02:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

Congratulations to Rick and ZacK on your rifleman scores, wish I could have been there.  I hear you got a little rain once in a while too and I am hoping that tomorrow is at least dry. Here are some of the pics Theo took.

Joni

More pictures!

Joni

:D

Otreabor

:)I finally got rifleman here at this appleseed with a score of 210 on the 2nd to last AQT.  I also got Rifleman before my dad ^-^  I hope everyone also had a good time.
~Robert COusineau

George Hacker

Quote from: Robert Cousineau on October 24, 2011, 01:19:25 AM
:)I finally got rifleman here at this appleseed with a score of 210 on the 2nd to last AQT.  I also got Rifleman before my dad ^-^  I hope everyone also had a good time.
~Robert COusineau
You also got very wet!   ;D

Congratulations, Robert, on your awesome shooting.  On Sunday, a lot of shooters wilt at the end of the day because they are so worn out and tired.  In contrast, your last target was also your best!  Well done!

- ShadowMan

PS - Robert's scores went from around 160 to 190 once we figured out his rear tech sight (that's right, he was using iron sights) was loose and needed some lock-tight.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

SteveC

Here is a picture of Robert getting wet.  210 has some advantages and disadvantages.  But as a proud --Good Work Robert!  -steve ( aka Rifleman Robert's dad who is still practicing).
"Bring your children to Appleseed so they may prepare to become dangerous old men and women should the necessity present."
-stevec

SteveC

Here are the other two Rifleman patches earned this Sunday: James and Greg.   -steve

"Bring your children to Appleseed so they may prepare to become dangerous old men and women should the necessity present."
-stevec

SteveC

Robert was really appreciative of the extra coaching from Shadowman, Ducko and Theopolis.  This is the happiest I have seen Robert in a photo in many years.   -steve

-stevec

SteveC

Andrew stepping up to the Orange had has put in the position where he gets to exhibit the skills he has learned, and pick up a new one: not talking while posing.  -steve

-stevec

Joni

Congratulations Robert, James and Gregg!! I wish I could have been there to watch you achieve your goal!!
Joni

Ranger Rick

Congrats to Robert and all who attended.  What a great weekend despite the weather.  Robert was one happy guy!  However, he worked hard to make Rifleman.

George Hacker

This was also AndrewOR's first Appleseed as an IIT.  You did a great job, Andrew!   O0

He was our demonstration "crash dummy" and RL made him demonstrate all day Saturday as a right-handed shooter (Andrew is left-handed).  Andrew also did a good job checking the line and working with shooters.  At the end of the day Sunday, Andrew got a taste of calling the line.

Andrew - it's a pleasure working with you on the line.  I look forward to more opportunities in the future.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

jimmythegeek

I was just about as happy for Robert as I was for myself.  Kind of glad I didn't get it the first time around, as I appreciate the accomplishment more.  Also, as a tightwad, I regret not tanking so I could keep milking my ROC.  j/k, no regrets.  I'll be back with iron sights, and maybe a bolt action with that scope I used this time.  Also, maybe a teenager, brother in law, and a coworker or two.

I'll keep an eye out for that Graham range. 

Thanks for the great coaching and another safe, safe shoot. 

George Hacker

Quote from: jimmythegeek on October 24, 2011, 09:07:09 PM
I was just about as happy for Robert as I was for myself.  Kind of glad I didn't get it the first time around, as I appreciate the accomplishment more.  Also, as a tightwad, I regret not tanking so I could keep milking my ROC.  j/k, no regrets.  I'll be back with iron sights, and maybe a bolt action with that scope I used this time.  Also, maybe a teenager, brother in law, and a coworker or two.
I know what you mean about Robert.  He is quite the enthusiastic Appleseed veteran.  It was a treat to be there when he shot his rifleman score (and it especially was a treat to score his last target of the day)!

Nice to see you thinking of bringing relatives and friends.  I was so blessed to have my friends Kenneth and Gabby come and shoot on Saturday.
I'll keep an eye out for that Graham range. 
You aren't the only one...  ;)
Thanks for the great coaching and another safe, safe shoot.
You're welcome and congratulations on your accomplishment.  Last Appleseed you mentioned you were going to "treat yourself to something center-fire" if you qualified for rifleman.  Since that is in the books, what did you have in mind for a CF rifle?  Perhaps an M1 Garand?

Hope to see you again on the Appleseed trail!

- ShadowMan

Ducko

Another great shoot at Wade's DAR. Congrats to 5 new rifleman Zack, Rick, James. Greg and Robert, great job everyone!  AndrewOR, good job as your first AS as an orange hat.  You and Robert can really starting putting the pressure on Steve! Hope to see you all at another AS soon!
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Rizzin

Can it really be a wet Appleseed at Wade's without a River runs through it?

Well done to everybody there

jimmythegeek

Shadow: I'm really drawn to the M1 Carbine.  It's not Fred's idea of a battle rifle, but it's a capable, handy, handsome little gun.  I hadn't really thought about the M1 Garand until qualifying under the CMP rules, thanks to Appleseed.  For 8 rounds, it's about the equal of the M1A1.  I'll have to think about that, maybe find someone who wants to show theirs off. 

My plan was to move up in caliber (and felt recoil) in stages.  Whether the next stage is .30 cal carbine or .223 depends on whether I find a USGI carbine in good shape or go with a reproduction.  I hear the Kahr/AO carbines are getting better. 

I've started viewing every expense in terms of its firearm equivalent.  I am looking at replacing the bearings on the front end of the car for .85 USGI carbines. 

But I *don't* have a problem.  I can stop any time I want.

George Hacker

Quote from: jimmythegeek on October 25, 2011, 04:13:50 AM
Shadow: I'm really drawn to the M1 Carbine.  It's not Fred's idea of a battle rifle, but it's a capable, handy, handsome little gun.  I hadn't really thought about the M1 Garand until qualifying under the CMP rules, thanks to Appleseed.  For 8 rounds, it's about the equal of the M1A1.  I'll have to think about that, maybe find someone who wants to show theirs off.
Next time I'm in your neighborhood or you are in mine (Vancouver, WA area) we will have to go to a range and play.  I am a geek like you (work for a little company based in Raleigh, NC called Red Hat) and I happen to have an M1 Garand and a few .30-06 rounds.  I fell in love with them the first time I got behind one and I suspect your experience will be similar.  Don't take Fred's word for it, ask General George Patton who called it "the greatest battle implement ever devised."

My offer is genuine - if you plan on coming to the southern edge of the state, PM me on the forum and we'll make some plans to get some trigger time behind the M1.  Of course we'll also shoot our .22's as well to shoot more rounds inexpensively.

- ShadowMan

Prescott

Congratulation to all the new riflemen.  Five in one soggy weekend is great.  Sorry I could not have hanged out longer and watched the riflemen scores on Sunday.

Robert - Way to go!  Now both the Cousineau boys can help their dad earn his patch.  It would be great to see everyone in the family become riflemen.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Great pictures, but all that "wetness" is proof positive as to why I moved to the dry side of the state!!!

Congratulations and a big BRAVO ZULU to all who attained their RIFLEMAN Patch.  Thanks to all who made this important event happen!!!

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, VFW, EANGUS & V.H.A.
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII,
Tin Can Sailors.org, and an Associate member of the 4th ID Association