News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR New Philidelphia, OH

Started by MrHappy, October 21, 2011, 06:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrHappy

Another great time at Tusco!!
One word describes Sat. WINDY! Monster gusts from all directions except up out of the ground. However it was less bullet drift than equipment drift as the wind picked up anything it pleased and tossed it across the range. The line was made up of about 2/3rds return Appleseeders and 1/3 newbies. The repeat shooters worked with determination and the beginners pick up skills fast. Of special note was how diligent everyone was building their positions. I'm a true fundamentalist rifleman and my heart fills with joy to see shooters do it by the book. Sat.PM Red Coat showed the shooters their time and ammo was well spent.
Sunday dawned less sunny and much less windy. A quick review and it was full tilt AQT Grind baby! Quickly! Quickly! echoed across the land and the shooters loved the pace. Scores steadily climbed and several shooters started knocking on the door of Rifleman. Nearly everyone was at the "Mental Game Event Horizon". Post lunch brought the usual low spot and Birdman and I got creative with our own version of the chicken dance. 8 steel checkens, 2 teams of 5 and a rain of hot lead! My, my, dem chickens so' nuff danced. That invigorated all of us and the next AQT showed the high scores of the day.
Congrats to Marlin, well done Rifleman and Emily has soooo close. Next time it will be yours!!
Let's do it again real soon. O0
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

farmguner

I am glad I maid it out on Sunday. At first I felt bad about only giving the program 1 day, of the two day event. I had to work Saturday, but figured if I came out on Sunday, I could help someone with their riflery journey, and learn more about being an IIT  at the same time. I want to thank the other instructors for asking,  ~~:) me to call the line. I would not have stepped up on my own on Sunday, for fear of doing it poorly. I had no intention of trying to call the line until after attending the IBC in the spring. Some of the shooters had to leave early on sunday which allowed Birdman to cycle some of the instructors onto the line, to brush up on our AQT shooting. When Birdman handed me a box of shells and mags for his scoped 22LR AR, I could not turn down his generosity. I had never shoot the AQT with a scoped rifle before, and I shoot my personal best AQT score of 246. Thank you Birdman for the use of good equipment. Tusco has 8 ranges on the 360acre property, and one of the ones that was not being used by the apple seed shooters, was full of machine gun shooters, hammering steel plates.

tink

Quote from: farmguner on October 24, 2011, 04:06:38 PM
..... I shoot my personal best AQT score of 246. ....

246! BRAVO!

will keep Laura and I motivated for sure!
- we are getting closer each time.... See ya in Wooster for sure!

wvmmfalcon

Wind wind wind. That pretty well describes sat. Everyone has already posted most of the important stuff. We let MrHappy take care of most of organization and he did a fine job. Birdman did an excellent job also. Even though Farmgunner was just there sun. we had him call the line and consulted him on several other things(I think that he gained more confidence than he realized Because we put him to work on the line. Birdman posted an all time high score on sunday of 249(easy to count!). I had a great time working with birdman and mrhappy again(we found a great restaurant for instructor dinner) and look forward to working with Farmgunner again.
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)