News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eureka, KS - Oct 8-9 2011

Started by 4bfox, October 11, 2011, 09:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Another great shoot in the rolling Flint Hills of Kansas! We had lots to be thankful for:

Thanks
to the shooters who came out...despite the weather forecasts (even though it didn't rain on us).
Thanks to Audie and Bonnie, our most excellent hosts at Christian Hills Camp for their excellent facility (and breakfast).
Thanks to our Kansas Instructor cadre, for making my job much easier!

We had an excellent group of shooters. They were attentive to our instruction, and we had NO problems on the line. Three shooters hit the 190s,,.. but couldn't quite get over the 210 hump. PLEASE USE the dry-fire targets we gave you! Use the 6 steps, FOCUS, FOCUS FOCUS on the target. Then come back and get that patch!

We had one shooter qualify as Rifleman....congrats to Dave! He liked us so much, he took an Orange Hat....he's on the forum as davecampperry. Congrats to another Dave...dwatson successfully completed his IIT1 PC, and was promoted accordingly!

And the BIG news of the weekend....CONGRATS  ^:)^ to AnnieOakley...who persisted through all four IIT stages to earn her Red Hat! Way to go Annie! See you down the road....

Please feel free to post comments and pics! My pics are below:
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Did it not rain out there this weekend?   It was pretty soggy around here.  Fortunately we got a short break for the wedding and we were able to get it done outside.

Now that is wrapped up,  I should be able to make it out to a few more events!  Hope to be out there in November.   

Mauser

Hey guys,  I took this photo during one of the AQT's we shot on Saturday and it shows how the loop sling will cut the blood flow to the arm and as you can see in the picture turned blue.  Awesome!  Thats just about tight enough  8)

paladin51

Zack and I had a blast all weekend.  Was very tired and sore Sunday night but Zack didn't care all he kept talking about was shooting that Garand.  Looking forward to coming back in Nov and Dec.  We are gonna practice but will heal up first.    Thanks to all the instructors, they made it a great weekend.

Ken

4bfox

Thanks Ken! Glad you and Zack had a good time....hope to see you next month.... O0
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Congrats!! to Rifleman and IIT4 Brian on steppin up and getting MARRIED this weekend! Wish you two all the best! I had actually planned to go, but failed to get it written into the ONE calendar I looked at this last weekend.   :-[
The good news is I did have the Eureka Appleseed written in! And yes we dodged the showers but as is the norm, it blew like the dickens!
Much happiness and me begs forgiveness..... :bow:
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

ksuguy

That's ok.  I figured most people wouldn't be able to attend with the shoot scheduled in Eureka that same weekend anyway.