News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Houghton Lake October 8 - 9 2011

Started by Miki, October 10, 2011, 11:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki

WOW, what a weekend. Weather in northern MI at this time of year can be 'iffy' at best. Sunny and 80 degrees BOTH days is certainly not normal, but was much appreciated! The whole I-75 being reduced to ONE lane was NOT appreciated.

We had a great group of shooters and forged a few new Riflemen. Congrats to 13 year- old Ben, who shot a 220 on the first AQT Saturday and set a high standard. Huzzah!

Ben and his family could not return on Sunday, but he set the standard and we forged two additional Riflemen on Sunday. Congrats to Woodchuck (our local boots on the ground) who shot a 210 and was duly 'baptized' for that accomplishment. Then there was Mike who barely missed a soaking with a 211. And Candace, who was a total 'newbie' at shooting and epitomized the whole "Shoot like a girl...IF you can" motto, with a 208! You go girl. While I'm mentioning the 'girls' 8 year-old Aria was amazing. She was only registered for Saturday, but had so much fun she made her Dad (Swamp Thing) bring her back Sunday. I'm not exactly sure what her high AQT score was, but it was somewhere in the high 140s! I think for your 9th birthday Dad needs to get you a 10/22 with a cool pink collapsible stock just like my rifle that you were using.

Superheat's KD lesson was a resounding success and the shooters really got it. Nice job! (I'm gonna steal that from you.)

Please post thoughts and pictures you have.

We need to do this again, soon!

Swamp Thing

Hey all.

Miki, just for the record, Aria, AKA Punk's, best AQT was 160. One caveat, she had a bad jam on round 3 of her last one, and still scored 148, with 8 unfired bullets. Proud Daddy!!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Candace, it broke my heart when I scored your AQT at 211 and a double recount confirmed a 208. You are officially knocking on the door. Come back with a battering ram and bust it down!  :--- And bring friends to watch you do it.  @@)

Mike, the epitome of the essence of a rifleman...persistence. Well done sir, well done. ;)

Ben, I bet you're glad you handed me that AQT that you scored yourself for a double check. Top 1% my friend. Great job!!!

Woodchuck, was there ever any doubt that you would get that patch? Good thing it was 80 degrees out that day, the baptism probably felt pretty good. Nice 210 sir. Hey, by the way, how many shoots can we get on the books at Houghton Lake next year? I'll be in touch.

And to everybody else who turned off the TV and got off the couch......THANK YOU FOR COMING!!! This weekend was a blast!  :bomb:

ST

Swamp Thing

Can't believe I just forgot this....

Nice avatar pic Miki.

Superheat

What a great weekend!  Wonderful history, great shooting and warm DRY weather.
3 new riflemen and more really close. 
Ruby would you PLEASE stop breaking my heart............... :'(
Congrats SWAMP THING on your red hat.
Mac66 did a wonderful 3rd strike.  I was the guy in the back doing push ups.

Here's some pictures:

mac66

Whew, just got home. Been lost in the woods in northern MI since Sunday.

Gotta say that it was a fun weekend. Watching  Ben, Mike, Woodchuck shoot rifleman was real a pleasure. And Ruby and Candace were so, so, so close.

In regards to Candace. I've never seen someone come so far, so fast. OUTSTANDING 208!

The shooters properly bid farewell to Swamp Things' orange hat.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Swamp Thing

Here's a few pics from my phone. If anybody has one of my daughter, Punk, playing Mother Batherick in her purple babushka, please post.

ST