News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Oct 8/9 2011

Started by DaveD, October 10, 2011, 03:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

What an Absolutely Beautiful Weekend!  The weather was perfect, the scenery beautiful with the trees changing colors and a line full of those wonderful Appleseed folks.

Line was approximate half experienced Appleseeders and half new shooters.  Saw many familiar faces.

Glad to see Steve and his three sons back on the line. 

Joe gave me pause for thought when his family arrived in their "new camper".  I might want one of those! (my wife wants a different color though)

Three new Rifleman patches went out  AND.........5 new Orange Hats

Patches to Matt - 220, Delight - 223, and Kate - 210
Orange Hats to John, Phil and his wife Martie, Kate, and Matt.  Thanks for taking this big step!

A big  O0 to all our youth shooters, you did great!

Thanks to all those who 7th stepped by bringing someone new to the shoot.

Pictures are coming (I hope).

Alright everyone .....give us your inputs!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

KYWindage

Congrats to the new Riflemen and Orange Hats. If anyone get the chance and are on Facebook, check out our page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/179073402156540/
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Brown

Thanks again Dave. it was a Fabulous weekend. So Excited to finally get over that hurdle and the Patch.

This is my first attempt at posting pictures so here it goes(sorry in advance if it does not work)
[/img]
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Brown

ok guess I got some learnin to do on picture posting.

try this will have to enlarge them

Brown

a few more pictures

kate

Absolutely love the pic of water getting dumped on me!! Had so much fun at this one.  The weather was perfect, the shooters were great, and the instructors were fantastic! I'm looking forward to working with my new fellow orange hats and friends. Defiantly glad that I got it this time! Big giant hugs and thanks to all the instructors and IIT's who helped me along this awesome road to rifleman (or should i say riflewoman   ;) ).
^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^
super happy!

-kate

Eddie

It was a great weekend.  It was a pleasure to meet SPQR and to see so many new people taking up orange hats.  Spitfire, I really felt for you because I am familiar with how it feels to work that hard to make rifleman and have it all come together one day.  Here is a link to the AAR on indianashooter.com with even more pictures:

http://www.indianashooter.com/appleseed/8097-cloverdale-october-2011-aar.html#post160792
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

TBE

5 orange hats?  Good job guys!   O0
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

Niecie

Congratulations to all our new riflemen and a very big welcome to our new orange hats  ^:)^  ^:)^ I wish I could of been there, but family called. I will definitely see you all soon on the trail!

Niecie

Deuce

This was the best weekend of my last year!

Its so awesome to be around all those Patriots!

Meeting Steve, John and  Huff was great as well!  Huff really laid out the stories with just the right bit of panache!

I would say the highlight of the weekend was Delight earning her patch...but a VERY close second was watching Delight, Bethany and Cody listen with rapt attention as Huff laid out death on a pale horse and spying on the kids paying FULL attention...then Samuel Whittemore's story.  I was treated to gaping mouths of 3 teenagers as they pictured Huff's story in their minds when the red coats bayoneted a fellow citizen.  My eyes were leaking with joy to see 3 more Patriots born at an Appleseed.....

When questioned about the history I heard "they never told us that in school" and "that was pretty awesome!".......

Kate is a perfect example of what Appleseed is all about, someone who catches fire learning about our heritage!

God bless you guys!

This was our first expedition in the new "camper", lol....found out with 4 of us breathing away in there that it starts raining by morning   :slap:

Turns out camping at an Appleseed sure is a lot of fun....sure was nice spending more time with Dave and the guys!

Brown

that "Camper" was AWESOME!! first thing Lunch Lady said whne my eye caught it was how much is that going to cost us.

That thing is SO cool!

indy12gt

A BIG THANK YOU, to all the instructor's, our shoot boss and everyone who participated.  This was my first Appleseed and I am hooked.  What a great experience learning marksmanship and even better was the history lesson.

The fire is burning and I am telling everyone I know, they need to sign up NOW!!!

Thank you to the Cloverdale Conservation Club, you have a great facility and thank you for allowing us to camp.

spitfire51

I still get a big grin on my face every time I glance at my new patch.  I'm looking forward to helping others experience that same feeling.  Had a great time out there, couldn't have asked for better weather.  Loved ringing the steel.  Thanks to everyone who helped me on my long, sometimes frustrating, but ultimately very rewarding journey to rifleman.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

SPQR

Congratulations to all and HUZZAH to the new Riflemen.  I think we are going to get this thing turned around.  O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

DaveD

For those who want to know ........ this is the "camper".

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson