News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL Oct 1-2

Started by ahhshoot, October 03, 2011, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahhshoot

Another great weekend for Appleseed.

We had 25 eager shooters on Saturday. A bit cold in the morning but turned into a beautiful day. They took the fire hose of instruction very well. You could tell how receptive they were by the Red coat scores.

Sunday was yet another cold morning. 28 shooters came in bright eyed and bushy tailed. :)
As I watched all these shooters progress throughout the day I became more and more impressed. I'd be proud to shoot with any of them, any day.
As the AQT grind progressed throughout the day more and more men and women proved they know what they were about.

Congratulations to the Riflemen
Andy :---
Brandon :---
Finn :---
Emma :---
Drew :---
JR. :---

Some of those Riflemen went on to accept an RWVA orange hat.
Andy
Brandon (BlueMagRT)
Finn
JR.
Thanks for stepping up, Appleseed needs you.

And last but not least....Illinois new Red hat, Two click low!
Well earned.

I would also like to offer a huge thank you to my instructor crew.
Stonn, Brown bess, Two Clicks, George, Bill3, and Auntie Bellum.

The past is only the future with the lights on.

ahhshoot

Patriot Gal

Looks like the fires of Liberty were shining brightly in Waterman this weekend!!!!   O0 O0

Congrats to all the new Riflemen!!!   O0 Well done.  You are to me commended!!!  :bow:

Congrats to a very well earned Red Hat to 2clicks Low!!   O0 :bow:  Looks good on you!!!

And 4 new orange hat IITs!!!!  That is absolutely fabulous!!!!!  I hope you all get registered right away and go to the Illinois board for information about an instructor get together we're having Oct. 15th at the range in Clinton.  Love to have you all be there!!

Thanks again, Ahhshoot for shoot bossing the shoot this weekend.  Come on back to Illinois anytime!!!  O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

ahhshoot

SlyGuyBob

This was my first (and definitely not my last) Appleseed event.

Many Thanks to aahshoot, two click low, and the rest of the team for the two awesome days of marksmanship training, and heritage.

I'll definitely be practicing and passing on the heritage when and wherever I can.

Thanks again.
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
- Dr. Seuss

2 clicks low

25% Rifleman.
Let me repeat that

25% RIFLEMAN!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Oh yeah out of those 66% ORANGE HATS  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks AhhShoot for the lesson in forging rifleman  :bow:

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Superheat

I doesn't sound as exciting as Watervliet.
Ron, are you wearing red?   O0
Two of the instructors look familiar, Grey man and someone I owe a lot to.

BlueMagRT

Congrats on the red hat 2 Clicks Low

I want to thank 2 Clicks Low, George63, Stonn, and all the rest of the instructors that helped me earn my rifleman's patch and gave me the desire to become an instructor.
"You can tell when it is fouled as you have no clue where the bullet is hitting; and this is with an extremely accurate Eotech scope" -- Anonymous

Finn

Thanks for the great weekend.

The instructors were awesome and the team shoots were a lot of fun.

Special congrats to JR on rifleman, he is the definition of persistence.

A big thank you to all the other rifleman who excepted the orange hat...and so the journey begins.

FINN

2 clicks low

Quote from: Superheat on October 03, 2011, 02:47:23 PM

That's a vicious lie. Just wait until I catch up with that impostor wearing my face &) &) &)
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Superheat on October 03, 2011, 02:47:23 PM
I doesn't sound as exciting as Watervliet.
Two of the instructors look familiar, Grey man and someone I owe a lot to.

I assure you, Waterman was pretty exciting, too.  Just LOOK at that awesome list of Rifleman and new Orange Hats and a brand new Red Hat!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

It was a pleasure to meet all of you on Sunday.  Thanks for welcoming us Hoosiers across the border to work with you.  I saw huge improvement on my end of the line and hope to see you all back again. 

But what am I doing in those pictures?  I think I'm dropping a new Rifleman patch in one and doing some weirdo alien hand signals in the other...I hope our young shooter understood what I was trying to say in that picture - although he seems to be rightfully giving me a really odd look.   ;D

Again, congrats to 2clickslow.  Great to see new familiar faces and new, and I hope to work with you all again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

richidaho

Thanks for the lending of the 22 ahhshoot :D.  Hopping 3rd time is the charm #).  Hope to a few of you out west one of these day's ..:...  Thanks for the good time and hospitality.

Richidaho

Yogi

JR checking in here.  Finally shot Rifleman yesterday!! I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way.  Wurstmacker, 2 Clicks Low, and pretty much any instructor who has been at Bonfield this year has helped me learn this skill. You have also done a great job of teaching us our history along with the marksmanship. I have enjoyed the time and learned a whole lot.  A little over a year ago I had never shot a rifle.  Its pretty amazing what you have taught and shown me.  I hope I can pass it on as you all have.

A special thanks to Brandon (who also made Rifleman yesterday).  He let us use his ammo after we forgot ours at home.  He stayed late so I could shoot that last AQT which was the one!  I'll never forget that.  Thank YOU! 

BrownBessEd

Congrats to all the new riflemen & our new orange hats!!

Well Done to 2CL for getting his red hat!!!

Thanks too to Ahhshoot for a great event.

Taylor

Congratulations on your richly deserved Red Hat Ron. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations New Rifleman  ^5

Welcome new forum members  ;D

25 attendee's Sat --- 28 on Sun --is that a misprint? :D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Old Glory!

Quote from: JR on October 03, 2011, 11:55:28 PM
You have also done a great job of teaching us our history along with the marksmanship. I have enjoyed the time and learned a whole lot.  A little over a year ago I had never shot a rifle.  Its pretty amazing what you have taught and shown me.  I hope I can pass it on as you all have.

JR :cool2:  A really good way to pass it on is to pick up the orange hat and continue on the road of the Rifleman.  Learn to shoot, then teach others to shoot.  O0   Are you one of the Riflemen who took the orange hat? 

The trail continues on........

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

BigMike

Congrats, JR!  I wish I'd been able to be there to see it, I *know* how hard you've worked to get it.

Yogi

Thanks Big Mike.... Old Glory I did take an Orange hat see you all  on the trail looking forward to it!

Stonn

It's great to see so many riflemen and new orange hats in Illinois. Thanks Ahhshoot and congratulations 2 clicks low for earning your red hat.

A few photos to add.

1. BrownBessEd explaining the standing position.
2. Continued.
3. Shooting green coats.
4. AQT time.

Stonn

And finally Andy receiving his rifleman's patch.

Ewald

I see from familar looking faces amongst the new Riflemen. Huzza!

brassburn

Thanks to all the Instructors.

Thanks for the pics Stonn.

Annie
God bless America...My home sweet home!

ahhshoot

Good to see you on here Annie! O0
Looking foreword to seeing you under an orange hat... Think about it. :cool2: