News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington - Lebam LADYSEED!!! - October 1-2, 2011 AAR

Started by Western Rose, October 02, 2011, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

What a fantastic weekend!!!

Thank you so much to Jean for hosting Washington's (and the Northwest Region's!!!) first Ladyseed!

Thank you to the ladies who came out for this event! It was a privilege to be able to spend a weekend with you all.

Thank you to SavageShootr, TruTenacity, winkin' not blinkin' and Joni for being such a wonderful instructor crew.

Thank you to the 06en and winkin' not blinkin' for breakfast both days and RL and co. for lunch both days!

Congratulations Heather on the Rifleman's score of 216!

There were five cameras (that I saw) out at this event, so I know there are going to be lots of pictures. I have a few, which are uploading to my computer right now. I will try to get some posted asap.

Ladies (and the few gents that were there) please post your comments and pictures here!!!

More to follow...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

SavageShootr

I must echo everything Western Rose said.

I will attempt to post some pictures.

The Ladies that came out for this, the FIRST Lebam Ladyseed, showed that they are Riflemen at heart.

Danielle - A 12 year old young lady had an allerigic reaction to something she ate and needed to depart on Saturday before the safety briefing was over. She arrived Sunday morning before anyone else, ready to participate. Needless to say she arrived to a standing ovation. Huge heart there. How cool is that?

Deanna - Having never fired a rifle before and a bit apprehensive. When she fired the first round she giggled and said, "cool" How great is that?

Heather - Sleep deprived as she was on Saturday, managed to absorb everything. She got some rest Saturday night and scored Rifleman with a 216 on the QDAQT, with a rifle that she had never used. She chose the purple patch to honor Madam Yotnottin after hearing Western Rose reading the letter from Clinnon to Madam Yotnottin. Not a dry eye in the group. How great is that?

Kim - Not on paper when she arrived. Western Rose took some shots to verify that it was the rifle. It was. Sights were drifted and paper was in danger. How great is that?

Western Rose reading the letter from Clinnon to Madam Yotnottin. Not a dry eye in the group.

Heidi - Signed up for Saturday only with her daughters, coming back on Sunday to persist and ran into the dreaded equipment issue. The groups got worse and in checking the scope found the mounts to be loose. After dialing it back in (Thank You again 06en) she cleared the Redcoat at the end of the day! How cool is that?

So many more stories of the Ladies of Washington. I will allow others to tell some of them.

Thank You Ladies! It was an honor to be amongst ALL who attended. Hope to see you all on the Appleseed trail.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Joni

Congratulations to Heather on your beautiful purple riflewoman patch!! yeah! Hope to see along the Appleseed trail soon.

Congratulation to Heidi, an absolutely awesome redcoat! and looking forward to seeing your family in Castle Rock really soon!

Congratulations to Daniel and to Heather for your riflewoman persistence! You will get that patch, and I hope I will be there to see it!

SavageShooter...well, just get back up here! OK? love you!!

TruT and WR love you too! Appreciate your dedication and looking forward to the next shoot already!

06en and winkin not blinkin, love and appreciate you guys more then I can say, except maybe, "breakfasts were so good, just hit the spot!" thanks! 

RL, love you too! and plan to be in Castle Rock later this month.
Thanks for the food and goodies, it was great, especially the hot soup and coffee and hot chocolate mixin's.

Love the shooters! they came equiped to handle the weather/instruction/each other with sweetness and a teachable attitude! thanks so much, and I know several of you will be in Castle Rock for your patches!

Here are a few pics and the Picasa link to the rest of this weekends pics.

Joni

ops!!   :cool2:
Here is the picasa link, please let me know whether or not it is working!
Haven't gotten my working with that program down yet, but getting there! Please feel free to take the pics you want, thanks!

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/2011102_LebamWALadyseed?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjtnIaM3MHkhwE#5659313673660499650

Joni

An extra special thanks to Jessica for giving me a ride to the Ladyseed and for sharing expenses. It was such a pleasure to get to know you a little!! I hope I will be there when you get your riflewoman patch   ..:..   ^:)^ !!

SavageShootr

This is the first time I had an opportunity to see a full AC member in action.

Everytime we were almost finished with a target, Joni was right there, asking which targets to hand out next. Always checking to see if we needed her to watch the line while we step away. Always right there with a big smile and an encouraging word. So Joni THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Whoever came up with this AC program (AuntieBellum) ought to be thanked and her pay ought to be doubled. These AC folks are the best.

THANKS!!!!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Old Glory!

I imagine I am not the only one who wishes I could have been there.   :'(

Good to hear the stories though.   O0

Nice work ladies.  Keep it up!

SS, by the way, I have a contact for you with a newspaper editor in Hawaii who will help promote the Appleseed there.   Met her at the Gun Rights Policy Conference.  Should send her a picture and some links to registration page, etc.  PM inbound. oops!  sorry for the hijack
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

06en

Just a few of the pics taken this weekend. they say a picture is worth...? I just know this event was worth what ever it took to make happen. It was my privilege to serve so many.

Poor 'ol Man Slave.

Joni

Evenstar

Quote from: Old Glory! on October 04, 2011, 10:25:22 PM
I imagine I am not the only one who wishes I could have been there.   :'(

You're right, OG! I was SO disappointed that I couldn't make it! I'm on the mend now though. Looks like it was a FANTASTIC time! And you're all planning on coming back, right? Cause I can't miss the next Lebam Ladyseed... :)

Nice job, and it looks like the guys liked their t-shirts. :D

ES
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

What a privilege to instruct at Washington State's first Ladyseed!

Jean, thank you for hosting this event and for all the preparation you put into making this event a success.  Thank you for your enthusiasm for Project Appleseed and your desire to host future events.  Now that you have your own range set up enjoy practicing!

Danielle, we sure missed you on Saturday.  Boy were we all pleased to see you back on Sunday.  Your smile is contagious!  Hope to see you in Yakima sometime soon.

Tammy, it was a privilege witnessing the first time you ever squeezed a trigger.  We missed having you and your friend join us again on Sunday. 

Claire, it was fun watching you take control of your pump action .22.  We missed having you on the line Sunday.  We hope you'll attend another Appleseed event in the future.

Marcia, thanks for coming on over with RL and Jo.  It was nice meeting you.  I wish I had have been able to work with you more.  Oh, how can I forget ... Thanks for the chocolate!

The two Kaitlins, you were troopers sticking it out inspite of the rain.  Laying in puddles isn't too bad now is it?

Heidi, Wow!!! You came back for more instruction on Sunday, but the day certainly was different than any of us expected for you.  Once the rifle issues were fixed you proved yourself well!  Clearing the Redcoat is an awesome accomplishment.

Heather, your good questions, your intense listening skills, and your fortitude in implementing what we taught you paid off.  Welcome Riflewoman!!!  Is there an Orange Hat on your radar?  We sure would love to have you.

All.  You all listened well, applied to the best of your ability what we were teaching you and hung in there.  Thanks for being such troopers even in the rain. 

Instructors, you all were an inspiration.  There is always something to learn from ladies like you.  Thanks.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

hangemhigh87

12 year old Dani had a blast and now that Mom has the weekends off I'll be dragging both of them to a regular Appleseed soon. A family affair.

Father of Danielle, who is allergic to Strawberries.
Husband of Rachel, who is allergic to buying her own Ammo.