News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Clinton, IL October 1-2, 2011

Started by Wurstmacher, October 02, 2011, 10:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

AAR:  Clinton, IL October 1-2, 2011

A fine weekend at the Dewitt County Sportsman's Club found 21 shooters ready to shoot the Redcoat on Saturday morning.  Ewald did much of the instruction as he had submitted his Instructor PC for this shoot.  He made it through a few dyslexic moments, which were probably due to nerves.  His history was to standard, as well as the instruction.  On Sunday afternoon at the end of the day, he was presented with his Red Hat!  I am sure that he likes the Clinton venue, as that is where he first shot a Rifleman's Score, he traded in his blue hat for orange, and now he got his Red Hat.

John Brisch, a returning Appleseeder,  made good on his attempt at the AQT on Saturday.  A 222 put him over the top and earned him a nice shiny green patch.  Appointing Shooter 30-06 as the Designated Seventh Stepper paid off too, as by the end of the day on Sunday, John decided to take on the responsibilities (and rewards) of becoming an Instructor in Training.  That Orange Hat looks good on you.  With his wife Debra giving him the two thumbs up, I am sure that she will provide him support on the Appleseed Trail.  Could a Blue Hat be in her future?

We had six kids on Saturday that had plenty of fun and handled their rifles safely. 

Too bad they could not return on Sunday.  There should be a picture forthcoming of their Youth Patch presentation.  Hope to see you all at future Appleseeds.

With the kids gone, one shooter that was returning to college, and another that was not feeling well, we had 11 shooters on the line on Sunday.  There were 17 signed up. 

Beautiful weather, with no wind and plenty of sun, made this a great day on the range.  Two more Riflemen qualified on their AQT's.  Congratulations Gary and Rich.  Gary expressed an interest in an Orange Hat.  Get another Appleseed under your belt and we will be glad to have you on board. 

Thank you to Shooter 30-06, AK, Ewald, The Nailer, RBKL for signing up to help this weekend.  Outta ammo and Plenty of Ammo showed up to help out as this is their home range.  Grassy played host and cook for our lunches both days.  Thank you.  AR came with me on Sunday to shoot some, but ended up feeling under the weather.  She was persuaded to do Mother Batherick.  I think it was good to for everyone to see that even kids can help out at Appleseeds.

Taylor

Congratulations on your well-deserved Red Hat Ewald. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Tornado

Congratulations Ewald. Way to go!  ^:)^

--Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Amber Waves

RBKL

Well, I will try and get a start on posting the photos - first time. 

This should be the group photo - or a bad link to never land.

Hopefully more photos this even.

RBKL

RBKL

Well that didn't seem to work.  Here is the photo - more later

Patriot Gal

Sounds like a successful shoot. 

Congrats John on making Rifleman and thanks for steppin' up and taking that orange hat!!!

Congrats to Ewald on your Red Hat.  I can't wait to hear your history!!  O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

AK

It was a fabulous weekend.  Working with a great bunch of instructors and shooters on beautiful fall days.  What could get better?  Congratulations to John, Rich, and Gary on earning those Rifleman patches.  Congrats to Ewald on the Red Hat.  And to John on the Orange hat.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!  I will post pictures soon.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

The Nailer

I cant imagine a better weekend for an Appleseed, the weather was near perfect and we had three new riflemen.  I would also like to congratulate Ewald on earning his red hat, his instruction and history were top notch.  I am looking forward to my next Appleseed.

AK

Here are some pictures.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

Sorry computer problems.  Only letting me post one at a time.
~Lee Greenwood

AK

Trying again.
~Lee Greenwood

AK

One more tonight.
~Lee Greenwood

RBKL

Beautiful weather for an Appleseed!   DeWitt County Sprotsmans Club was a great facility and a great host.   In the 2 days they had 3 meals available - can't beat that.

A great group of young people - and attentive fathers (and grandfathers). 

Here are a few more photos from Saturday:

Shooting Squares

Checking the targets

IMC

History - nice map.  Give you an idea of locations and distances.

More History

Carding the sights

RBKL

More photos from Saturday.

More carding -

Standing

Seated Position Demo

Seated in practice

First AQT

After a long day - First Rifleman of the weekend - John  - GREAT JOB!!

The great group of young shooter.  The worked hard all day, did a great job and kept a positive attitude (even though some didn't feel well)  Hope they are all able to come back to another Appleseed.

And the whole group again:

Thanks to all the attendees, Instructors and Dewitt County Sportsmans Club for making it a great weekend.

Congrats to John, Gary and Rich for earning Rifleman patches.

Thanks go John for stepping up and taking the orange hat.

Congrats to Ewald for the red hat!

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Shooter30-06

Clinton and McLean are my two favorite venues and this shoot did nothing to change that.  The facility is very nice and I would like to thank Grassy for all his work.  The shooters all worked very hard and were very safe.  Congratulations to our three new Rifleman and John our new IIT.  An even more rigorous congratulations to Ewald on his new RH - you did a great job.

Even though he is generally averse to complements, I would like to note that Wurstmacher is an outstanding Instructor and a very nice Shootboss to work with.  I hope any Instructor or shooting student reading this would be encouraged to attend a shoot with him as you will learn a lot. 
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Ewald

Yes, Ewald the dyslexic Instructor...   :wb: I misplaced my notes from Saturday to boot, but the numbers from Sunday's Red Coat showed marked improvement.

Not much I can add other than it was great to see all the young folks on the line. It was especially cool to see two boys 8 & 10 shooting under the tutelage of their father and grandfather.

Special thanks to Grassy, OutofAmmo, and PlentyofAmmo. I do indeed enjoy Clinton. The Dewitt County Sportman's Club is a gracious host. You guys have a club to be proud of.

Congradualtion and thanks to John for taking an orange hat after shooting his rifleman score. What else to add? Why pictures of course!

Rocking the USMC boonie hat.

Team shoot. OutofAmmo verses THE WORLD!

Wedding portrait that never was.

AR preaching the DOW.

Three Gunner

I was wondering if anyone had the picture of me receiving my rifleman's patch. It was late on the sunday and my partner had left for work.

Thanks.
Rich Karr
Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all.

Three Gunner

Sorry I see now it was already posted.  Unfortunatley 90% of my internet surfing is on my phone at 3 a.m. So I sometimes misst things. Blackberry has a terrible browser

Thanks,
Rich Karr
Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all.