News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boyceville, WI 10/1-2

Started by zamboni_driver, October 02, 2011, 08:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamboni_driver

Day One started out rather chilly as the temperature was 30 degrees when we arrived a the range for set up.  After a short workout setting up the line and getting the shoot ready, we were warmed up and ready to go.  As the day progressed, we went from sweatshirts to t-shirts as the day warmed up to a nice sunny 65 degrees.  We had 11 shooters on the line with a mix of brand new faces and some returning folks that were determined to shoot rifleman.  After a wonderful lunch that the Northwest Rod and Gun club made available to us, the shooters listened to some strikes presented by Martin.  We then moved on to the AQT, managing to squeeze in two on the day with Scott shooting rifleman on the first of the two AQTs.  We then closed out a fine day of shooting with last strike and a redcoat.

zamboni_driver

Pictures from Day One

Picture One was a walk on who saw my orange hat, which must have triggered some memory as the walk on changed her mind and decided to leave.  The second picture shows another walk on who thought that entering from the range would be the best way to join us.  The Shoot Boss went out to lecture that walk on and ask them to use the proper entrance to the range.

zamboni_driver

Here is a group picture.

The second picture is our rifleman for the day.  I had the honor of giving out my first riflemans patch.  Good Job Scott!

zamboni_driver

Day Two also started out on the chilly side but soon warmed up.  8 shooters returned in the morning and we added another shooter after lunch.  We warmed up with some sighters and went on to an AQT.  We sharpened our skills with some carding of the sights and moved on to the AQTs with a short break to chase another spectator from the range.  The afternoon AQT saw Steve shoot a riflemans score.  There are other close on the doorstep ready to return and try again.  A good time was had by all.  Thanks again to the Northwest Rod and Gun Club for having two Appleseeds at this fine range.

zamboni_driver

Martin and Crash had to climb on top of the berm to ask our four legged spectator to leave

colycat

Nice job RWVA instructors O0

OK, we need to hear from 11 students, right guys?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

martin

First , thanks to the Northwest Rod and Gun club for hosting us this weekend.( and thanks for the hot lunch)

Congratulations to our 2 newest Riflemen,  Scott (228) and Steve  (229), great job!

The rest of the students made great progress, don't give up!  :---

Kudos again to the Instructors, Zamboni_Driver, RustyRed, and we can't forget Crash. Great job everyone!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

"WoW" The color's were so pretty leaving saturday and sunday morning for our drive to boyceville Wi
We had a great time, our shooters were so ready to shoot in the morning to get warmed up, by lunch time we needed a warm meal and the range had chile, hot dogs cookies and brownies it was good,Martin did the History which all our shooters loved and we got back on the line,at the end of saturday martin did 3ed strike had our 1st riflemen,
sunday cool in the morning my afternoon Zamboni_Driver and Crash did alittle more History after lunch it was warmer, we had unwanted guess, gnats,chiggars,hornets,wasps,asian beetles,assasin bugs and a couple I might have missed Oh ya the deers that would not leave! but we did get another Riflemen he didnt care that he was getting bit up!
We all had a GREAT time,Thanks so much shooters for a safe shoot!   

cale

Thanks to Martin, Rustyred, Crash(even though he forgot us at first) and Zamboni-driver. Without the right kind of help and dedication that these people have, we wouldn't do as well. They have a passion to help and support us above and beyond the call of duty. Just want you to know that we appreciate you all very much.      Carol,Jen and Ethan   

Old Glory!

Welcome to Appleseed and the forum, Carol, Jen and Ethan.  Sounds like it was a very worthwhile weekend for you.  Help us spread the word, and bring some friends to the next Appleseed.  O0  Wouldn't want them to miss out on the message and the fun...and the bugs. ;) 

Nice work all!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

sKunkT

This past weekend was a great experience.  The instructors were very helpful and knowledgeable.  The fundamentals I learned for rifle shooting have already helped me improve my archery skills.  Hopefully you all come back to Boyceville next year.  My wife knows how much fun I had and she can't wait to get in the action.  The bug bites will soon go away, but what I learned this weekend should stick with me for a long time.