News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chillicothe, Il 10/01-02

Started by Patriot Gal, October 01, 2011, 11:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Day one is in the history books!

14 shooters ready and raring to go.!!  We spent a bit of extra time during the first three sighter squares to get the benefit of some "up front" 1:1 instructor:shooter time along with a bit of dry fire experience, and boy, did it ever pay off!!!

By the 4th sighter square, 90% of the groups were definable and honing in on 4MOA or less!!  A little Carding the sights, a little IMC, steady hold factors, the 6 steps and over and over and the and by the middle of the afternoon we were ready for our first AQT!!! 

After lunch and hearing the real story of Paul Revere and the 1strike of the match, we were ready for the transition stage practice and the standing position practice.  Unfortunately, the ceiling of the nice line covering is a bit too low to get a good, high lift to the rifle for the hasty sling so we compromised and improvised as any good Riflemen do!!

The shooters were very attentive and learned quickly and applied the new information well.  On the first AQT, we forged 3 Riflemen and had another 3 creeping into the 200s.  One of the Riflemen requalified on the 2nd AQT with an even higher score.  Congratulations go out to Manuel 210, Bill Jr. 212 and Ron 210 and 214.  Persevering Riflemen, All!!!
O0 O0 O0 :bow: :bow: :bow:

Edited:  Make that 4 Riflemen.  Ryan K., a returning Appleseeder showed his perseverence and shot a solid 221 and 217 to receive the coveted Rifleman Patch!  Nice job to all the Riflemen.  Pictures to come as soon as Tornado gets them up! One of our own IITs was on the line as a shooter and requalified repeatedly with a final score of 231!!!  Nice job, Viper!!!  John (Lordjoker1977) was ever so close with a 204/205 and is just itching to snag one of those orange hats.  We'll see you next month!!  Dry fire daily and you'll be there!   O0 

Walking along the line looking at the targets, I heard comments such as "This is just great!".  "I'm having a great time!".  Warmed my heart to hear that.  O0

Special thanks for all the great work from the IITs/ITs for the weekend.  Castle Mountain, who put together the best target line I have seen,  Karl, who "did it all" on Sunday to earn his promotion to IIT3  Congrats to you!.  Tornado, who does everything well, with conviction and dedication and to HBAR238, who worked diligently as RSO for a lot of the weekend, completed his PC1 and called the line like a pro!! Congrats!!!    

More tomorrow and we'll have some pictures up. 
Thanks everyone for all you do for Appleseed!!!
Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Johnnyappleseed

Excelent Patriot gal  O0

looking foward to the pic's  and  feedback regarding the "dry practice"  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Amber Waves

^:)^  hooray 3 rifleman on the first day!  ^:)^
Will we see any in an Orange hat?

Wish we could have been there to see it.

lordjoker1977

So close, 204! Sunday is my day though.
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Be safe, shoot straight, have fun.

Oh, and you owe me pushups.

lordjoker1977

Ran my mouth too soon. 205  :wb: next month
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

colycat

LJ,

Next month it will be.  No doubt about that.  Dry fire, Dry fire and you will be there.  Rifleman!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Patriot Gal

Here's a few pics...
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

A few more pics...

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

A few more pics....I can only attach a few at a time or the system 'times out'!  :wb:

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

The last ones.  If you know I took a picture you would like, but you don't see it here, just PM me and I'll get it to you!
Thanks again for making my first solo shoot boss weekend a success!
Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Hey Tornado!!!!  Do you have those Riflemen pictures ready to post yet???

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Karl

Well I must say this past weekend at Chillicothe was just about as picture perfect as you can get. We had great weather and we had a GREAT bunch of shooters.  :bow:

Lordjoker.....I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that if you dry fire practice between now and next AS (by the numbers) you will accomplish your goal to become a rifleman. I'm by no means a fashion consultant, but I think an orange hat would look very good on you.  :cool2:

I was glad to see how well everyone progressed throughout the weekend. A big congratulation to Bill Jr., Manuel, Ron & Ryan on achieving Rifleman.  O0

I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate my wife Viper on her AQT score of 231. She now owns the best score in our household. :-[  I think I need a little more perfect practice to regain the title. >:D

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. The next Appleseed at Chillicothe is Nov. 5&6. I hope you all return and bring a friend or family member with you.

My voice is still a little rough from calling the line which makes my wife laugh. :D

We need more pictures posted. ~~:)

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Johnnyappleseed

Like you Karl --- will not claim to be a fashion consultant --- But You and Viper will look GREAT with those REDHATS ;)

Would have enjoyed to be at this shoot O0
See you all on the trail  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Tornado

The Chillicothe Appleseed was such a great success! The shooters were definitely great and really made such good progress. Really enjoyed working with you all and getting to know you. To our Riflemen, a big Congratulations!!!  O0 O0 O0 You did great!

John, you'll get there soon. Can't wait to see you in the "Orange".  8)  You did a great job mentoring the shooters next to you and you will be a fine AS instructor.

We had very good persistence from the shooters and I hope each of you learned a lot and went home feeling that you were successful.

To the instructors, you are as fine a group of people as I know and I enjoyed working with you. Congratulations Karl and HBAR238 on your promotions.  :bow:  :bow: Patriot Gal, you ran a fine shoot. The time management was excellent. Maybe the best I've seen. Way to go Viper with your re-qualifications!  8) :cool2:  A big thanks to Samuel Whitemore AKA Castle Mountain on an excellent and very enjoyable re-enactment.

Pictures to follow.

--Tornado

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

Riflemen: Bill Jr., Manuel, Ron, Ryan

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

More pictures:

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

Last of the pictures.

George Rogers Clark

Patriot Gal

Hey!!!  Where are those shooters who were at the shoot!!!  Come on you guys, let's hear from you!!!  How was the weekend for you???

Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

HBAR238

Hey everyone. Sorry it has taken me so long, I am not big on the forum posting as you can tell. The chilli shoot was great. Thanks to the other Instructors for your help. To the shooters. Thanks for showing up with the MOST important item. FREE GI SLING TO THE FIRST CHILLICOTHE SHOOTER WHO CAN TELL ME WHAT THAT ONE ITEM IS.

dragonfly

Shoot like a GIRL Viper if you can.

Quote from: Karl on October 04, 2011, 02:15:10 PM

I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate my wife Viper on her AQT score of 231. She now owns the best score in our household. :-[  I think I need a little more perfect practice to regain the title. >:D

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. The next Appleseed at Chillicothe is Nov. 5&6. I hope you all return and bring a friend or family member with you.

My voice is still a little rough from calling the line which makes my wife laugh. :D

Thanks,

Karl

Well done everyone  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

lordjoker1977

11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

HBAR238

That is it. Are you going to the next shoot? I can bring that sling to you then if you want. Or if you want you can stop by the store before then and pick it up.

Patriot Gal

Well done LJ!!!  I'm keepin' that Rifleman's  patch safe for you!!   O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

lordjoker1977

Woo!  ..:.. HBAR, I can stop by the shop pretty much any day but Tuesday (Danville route, 12+hours)

Patriot Gal, I'm gonna be needing that in about a month, but until then, thanks for keeping an eye on it  **)
11-6-11 Chillicothe IL

Castle Mountain

Let us know if you need a USMC shooting jacket eh?

Did you get that Black Hawk Tactical cheek pad yet from Optics planet.net   they have them for
AR 15's for about $13.00 c/w three velcro straps;. they will work fine on a Ruger but they rock
for a AR 15 because there is no interference with the charging handle.  Don't forget dry fire practice. O0 O0 O0 :---

Any way we can get a hold of Ron, who shot expert.

Looking forward to seeing you next shoot.

Cheers,

Castle Mountain

Quote from: lordjoker1977 on October 09, 2011, 08:38:06 PM
Woo!  ..:.. HBAR, I can stop by the shop pretty much any day but Tuesday (Danville route, 12+hours)

Patriot Gal, I'm gonna be needing that in about a month, but until then, thanks for keeping an eye on it  **)
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

Viper could be the partner of Vasilieve in enemy at the gates. Wow did she shoot well. O0

CM

Quote from: dragonfly on October 07, 2011, 10:50:56 AM
Shoot like a GIRL Viper if you can.

Quote from: Karl on October 04, 2011, 02:15:10 PM

Thanks,

Karl

Well done everyone  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in