News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, Ohio 10/01-02

Started by Ratchett, October 01, 2011, 10:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Great shoot so far! The only complaint is weather  :( cold, wind, and rain---oh wait that is typical Appleseed weather right!?!?! ;D ;D

Veronica, Hanna, Kylie, and Tina, so sorry you could not stay past lunch time, we hope you come back out to another Appleseed soon!

Shooters willing and ready to learn---1 new RIFLEMAN (224) who repeated his rifleman score (211) the next AQT. Congratulations Dan!!

Couple more shooters knocking on the door in the 190's and 200's.

Can hardly wait to see what Sunday brings ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

What a great weekend!  While yesterday was a little chilly (makes you appreciate a warm rifle barrel) :) ... today was picture perfect weather-wise.  I wouldn't have wanted to spend it anywhere else.

Thanks to everyone for your efforts!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

jeep45238

Some chiiiiily weather on the first day, followed up by some pretty darn nice weather on the first day.  Another great group of students.

We had TWO, yes TWO first time Appleseeders earn their patches, with several knocking on the door.

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

Barbie

Well this was my first Appleseed and after this weekend (despite waking up in an ice covered tent!) it sure won't be my last! It's really neat looking at the AQT's from the 2nd day, from the first to the last, and seeing the improvement I had made and the areas I need to work on.  I learned A LOT (and not just about shooting), met some great people, and cannot wait until the next one.  Thanks again to all of the instructors, you guys sure do put a lot of hard work and effort into these events.
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

stagehand steve

Quote from: barbie_bedel on October 03, 2011, 01:06:11 PM
Well this was my first Appleseed and after this weekend (despite waking up in an ice covered tent!) it sure won't be my last! It's really neat looking at the AQT's from the 2nd day, from the first to the last, and seeing the improvement I had made and the areas I need to work on.  I learned A LOT (and not just about shooting), met some great people, and cannot wait until the next one.  Thanks again to all of the instructors, you guys sure do put a lot of hard work and effort into these events.

Barbie,

It was a pleasure to have you on the line.  Keep plugging away!! You'll have your patch in no time.

Feel free to come visit us in Indiana as well!   8)

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Louie

What a GREAT group of Future Riflemen!!! While the weather on Saturday left a little to be desired, it was wonderful on Sunday.  Dan surprised us all on Saturday with his AQT score of 224 backed up two AQTs later with another qualifying score! Jeff shot a 208 on his first AQT. There were lots of great targets. John (age 13) shot a 153 I believe, Barbie was hitting the 180s or 190s, Angelina was well over 100... In fact there were too many good targets to remember! Sunday, on the very last AQT, Rich (the Good Son <you had to have been there>)pulled a 223 out of his hat!
It was a distinct pleasure presenting my son his Rifleman Patch at his first Appleseed.
Thank you Fred for bringing  this program to us. Thank you for the "Bucket".
Thanks to Ratchett and Meanstreaker for all that they do. Stagehand Steve...you can raid our border anytime. Jeep, it is always a pleasure to work with you, especially when you are awake...
And as always, thank you Miamisburg Sportsman Club for the use of your fabulous facility.
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

Ratchett

To finish what I started---ok I am slow--can I blame it on a cold??

Sunday was beautiful day for marksmanship!! Sunny and warmer, typical Ohio fall weather!

Carrie we sure did miss you Sunday, I hope you did not get sick!

Barbie, your scores just kept improving! You most certainly can 'shoot like a girl!'

Dan, glad you were able to come back on Sunday. Yes, the gi sling is helpful! You will repeat that RIFLEMAN score with your other rifle, you were knocking on the door. We knew you were a marksman when you cleared the redcoat Sat morning---congratulations!!

Susan, John, Josie, and Angelina it was great having you guys with us Sunday--you definitely showed improvement with your scores!! Thanks for coming out and I hope to see you guys again.

Kathy and David, you guys are sooo much fun! Thanks for coming out to M-burg. You both showed improvement throughout the weekend. RIFLEMAN patches will be in your future. Dry practice, dry practice, dry practice--- you will be surprised how much that will help!

Amy, Jeff, and Rich---The Lewis family!!

Amy you showed great improvement over the weekend and scored your personal best--fantastic job!! Thanks for the tea too it helped a lot!
Jeff and Rich, I think your forum names should be 'Front Sight' and 'Rear Sight'  ::) You guys were a hoot on the line, it really was a pleasure to work with you guys.

Jeff you are knocking on the RIFLEMAN patch door--a 208 id mighty fine shooting and you cleared the Sunday Redcoat, plus was on the winning fun shoot team! What a weekend!

Rich you had me racking my brain on how to get you over that 190-200 hump and then out of no where you pull the 223. Congratulations, a job well done!!! Having your Dad present your RIFLEMAN' s patch was super special!

I hope to hear the Lewis Brothers in concert soon, I cannot make Newport :'(  keep me up to date on your schedule please!

Louie your family is awesome!!

It was great to have Starbuck and Special K join us for dinner Saturday night. Cannot wait until Special K makes his appearance... of course I am sure Starbuck is way more anxious than anyone ;) Thanks for sharing MeanStreaker this weekend...I know it was not super easy!

I really enjoyed working with everyone this weekend, what a group of great American Patriots! Thank you for coming out and learning the marksmanship skill set but more importantly the heritage of this country. Remember---"Take care of the children!"

MeanStreaker, Jeep, Louie, and Stagehand Steve it was an honor to instruct beside you all this weekend! Jeep and SS we cannot let a year pass that we work together again!! Way too long, missed you guys!

Thank you Miamisburg Sportsman Club for so faithfully supporting and hosting Project Appleseed!!!

Prayerful blessings to all...

In His grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

D.C.

I've  read about the appleseed project off and on for a year or so, Learned about it on rimfire central.  The host club was close to me so I thought I'd give it a try.
Sure glad I did. I meet some very fine folks.
First day I was on, second day not feeling so great but I was in the best of company.
I hope I can bring my neighbors son or one of my daughters to another shoot if they can ever get some free time if not I'll go by myself again and try a different rifle or tweek one of the two I brought.
My girls are all grown and seeing a mom bring her 2 daughters and son really gave me a real warm feeling. Thank you all so much for what you're doing.

Louie

Some Pix from the Appleseed...
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

Louie

A few more...

Louie

And finally...

MeanStreaker

Quote from: Louie on October 07, 2011, 12:20:49 AM
Some Pix from the Appleseed...

Ha!  Of course you snapped a pic when I was using the broom as a barrel to answer a KD question.  Not sure how you captured the split second where I wasn't laughing. :)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Louie

Come on Meanstreaker, that was a great prop and a wonderful presentation. Besides, we were all laughing with you. 

jeep45238

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.