News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Rochester Indiana, Sept 24-25 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, September 26, 2011, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Wet. It was wet.

But that did not stop our intrepid attendees. Even though we had a very late start Saturday waiting on the lighting to end, we made good time and got caught up with the instruction in time for six AQTs on Sunday and a full KD lesson.

I can only think that had we been given a few hours of sun and dry we would have made three riflemen by Sunday. Gina with a 209, soooo close! Richard came to your first Appleseed and listened, with no preconceived ideas, took the instruction, and shot wonderfully. No doubt with a bit of practice, the 210 score will be yours. Don, perfect six steps, perfect steady hold factors, and outstanding trigger control. With a consistent resp pause and proper index to the target, the patch will come to you.

I think all of you can make the grade with just a bit of practice, and a good Rifleman's bubble.

Thank you all for enjoying the weekend with us, staying through the weather (you earned Denny's respect!), taking the instruction so well, and sharing the history of this great country. When folks like you show up on my line, the weather is never what I remember about the weekend.

I hope to see you all again. Let's see if Niecie can get some pictures up!

Yellowhousejake

[edit]
I forgot to mention Landon! A great job Saturday with a full sized rifle this time. We all hope to see you and your Mom again.
[/edit]
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

Yes, it was wet, but we still had an amazing time! It was wonderful spending the weekend with returning Appleseeders and a new friend to Appleseed! Thank you to everyone that turned out for the shoot and I can't wait to see all of you make Rifleman!!

Niecie

Here are some photos from the weekend - rain and all  :)

We started the day with a brand new Orange Hat - NWIENG - He is a phenomenal addition to our group! Welcome ^:)^

Yellowhouse ake put him right to work ~~:)

Learning the stages

Shooting the AQT

Time for KD

The Garand

PING

Shoot what you brought  ;D

Special thanks to Richard for sharing  :bow:

The End

DBoller

Man I really wish I could've gone but I was youth deer season, and a very wet one at that. But I will be coming to the one in wabash. It looked like a really good shoot :---

AuntieBellum

It was a pleasure to both work with and shoot with all of you this weekend.  My only regret is that I could only make it for one day.  It was great to see some familiar faces and (and a new one!), and I look forward to seeing you all back again to claim your Rifleman patches! 

And David - see you at Wabash!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

El Conquistador

Despite the rain and cold I had a very good time.  It was nice to see some familiar faces and make some new friends as well.

Thanks to all the instructors for their time and effort.  I really appreciate all the time and effort you all put in.  Thanks again to Yellowhouse and Richard for letting me have some trigger time with your rifles.

I'm hopeful I can talk my better half into coming to the shoot at Atlanta in November.  Or, failing that, maybe at least let me spring for some optics for the Marlin  ;)

yellowhousejake

EC, you are always welcome on my line! Absolutely bring the better half, she doesn't have to shoot. I will be SB at Atlanta.

I know the Stevens was not lefty friendly, I have a scoped 10-22 you could borrow if need be  ;)

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Bryant

I had a good time too El Conquistador.  Glad you enjoyed shooting my AR.  Hope to see you at another AS soon.  Thanks everyone for a great learning experience.  Will be back for my rifleman patch soon.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------