News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion OH Sept 24-25, 2011

Started by RedNekEngr, September 26, 2011, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedNekEngr

What a great weekend to enjoy the great outdoors with my Appleseeding friends.  Eight fine Americans joined us at the fabulous Meeker Sportsman's Club.  Our hosts pampered us with hospitality and fine food for our lunches.  The weather was picture perfect, the shooters were fantastic, I was working with some of Ohio's finest instructors, and we hammered out two more riflemen.  Even our instructors Ishy and AK47SS got some trigger time and re-qualified.

Everyone had great attitudes with a willingness to learn.  One special little lady showed everyone how it was done while acting as our special sharpshooter.  She was a very quick learner and was one of the few younger Americans that I have instructed that never ever forgot to safe her rifle.  She even out shot me on my own rifle.  I'll have to practice to meet her challenge at a future event.

Corvette scored a 216 in the late hours Saturday evening and backed it up with a 217 on Sunday.  He also accepted the orange hat since the rifleman's score has been the only thing holding him back.  He's already been 7th stepping and is a great supporter of the program.  223R improved immensely on Sunday starting out the morning in the 105 range before scoring a 220 just before lunch.

Sunday afternoon was spent enjoying the perks of the 400 yard range.  With our two new riflemen breaking out the centerfires and utilizing the lessons learned from our KD instruction. 

It was truly a great weekend spent with old and new friends.  This is an awesome venue that Ohio has to ensure is filled for future events so that we don't waste this valuable resource.  Thanks to everyone at the club for their hospitality and to the shooters and instructors for their camaraderie. 

Now everyone else needs to chime in.

RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Corvette

Outstanding two days that were the end of a long journey through four "Seeds".  Special thanks to Ishy for pounding into my head.... " ...quit overworking the shot, settle in, get NPOA, trust it, breathe and squeeese...... ".  Thanks to all the instructors at this and the prior ASs for all the great guidance.  As I told the other attendees on Sat, "listen and learn cause this stuff really works". 

Note to future attendees at Marion, if you are camping out at the range and the raccoon hunters show up again at 11pm with their yapping hounds, club management said to feel free to call the cops on them.  All club members know that club activities stop at dark so you can bet they don't belong there. 

Anyways, I am proud and humbled to finally earn "the patch" (already picked the vest its going on) and looking forward to the IIT process.

Finally, got one question that I really need an answer to.... are the Rifleman patches iron on or do I have to beg the "Boss" to dig out a needle and thread?  Patch "installation" feedback appreciated.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Scarecrow

Sew them on.
I would not trust the glue, it makes a mess and heat can damage the patch or discolor it.

Corvette

Thanks for the feedback Scarecrow. Will start the process of convicing the boss to stich it.

corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!