News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carmi, IL. Sept 24-25 2011

Started by Mudcat, September 25, 2011, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We had 11 patriots come out to learn some marksmanship Saturday some traveled more than a few hours. To the beautiful  Carmi Rifle Clubhttp://www.carmirifleclub.com/ in the southern part of IL. Some brought family some brought friends and family but all brought a desire to learn more about marksmanship, our heritage and themselves. Everyone to a person had a teachable attitude and truly wanted to learn and was willing to take in what we had to offer. Rain came and went on Saturday but that did not bother our shooters! After 2 AQTS on Saturday we had some people really shooting well, I was confident that we would get 2 or 3 Riflemen the next day. Sunday was met with a rain that would not stop from midnight until well still. But that rain could not extinguish the flames of liberty! No sir they were way to strong in our shooters. We did a review of skills taught on Saturday and we were soon hammering out Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT. The first was Kelly with a 212. This was his 3rd Appleseed and an avid 7th stepper we can all be proud of. Then was Jerad but we had Ernie beating on the door if he could just shoot his own target.  :slap: Then it happened Ernie put it all together on one target that was his. Shooters were wet and getting tired the target line was in danger of going under, well almost anyway.  ;) Carter and Mason were remarkable and were hanging in there even with just getting over strep last week. They make me proud to give them the youth patriot patches they did not complain all weekend and hung right in there. Kyle another youth kept wanting one more. Then finally we pulled 1 more out of Terra she posted a 216 late in the day. Then Kelly said he would take on the orange hat so got a new IIT for IL. He will I am sure prove to be a great asset to the program as he already has been doing a great job in helping to promote Appleseed. We all had a great weekend even if mother nature thought we all needed an extended shower. We kept right on going through all she could give us I believe the total was 4" of rain.

Others that came and watched and listened to our heritage come back again same with the shooters you all showed great improvement and I know you have what it takes.
I will post some pics here later just wanted to get a thread started.

Also thanks to Dakota, Lori,Dwain,Randy, and Tyler I hope to see you guys and gal on the line again soon. Special thanks to Dawn and William of Carmi Rifle Club you guys are always a great host. Thanks for running to get lunch for EVERYONE!!. You guys are a model for what an club should be. THANK YOU!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

RedFox24

Short on time but a brief AAR

This was my third Appleseed, second at Carmi, again I had a great time as ususal.  Brought two newbies with me and one repeater and we all talked on the way home how much fun it was,what was learned and how good it was ran.  The two newbies said the "fed with a fire hose"  ~~:) statement was true but they saw improvement in their shooing as the day went on.  My son didn't come this time but I am still impressed with the kids and how they are treated and instructed at all three Appleseeds I have been to.  They really are treated with such respect knowing they are the future....just impressive to me as compared to other "sporting" organizations I have seen treat kids. 

To say it rained would be an understatement.  I think they said we had over 4 inches on Sunday and were in danger of having ducks land in front of the AQTs.  Things began to click for me once I could see the bottom row of targets!!! and shot Rifleman on the second AQT of the day!  Then went on to shoot it twice more after that so it wasn't a fluke!! 

Later in the day I took an Orange hat from Mudcat and want to help out where I can and when I can mostly because of what a great job he and the others do with the kids at the events I have attended.   

Carmi Gun Club are excellent host and their running to town to get lunch in all that rain was much appreciated!!!  Great/Excellent Host.  Two thumbs up!

Will post pics and commentary on my blog later today or tonight when I get time.  www.krfam.net
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

olefido

Just wanted to say thanks, Mudcat! I am looking forward to Marion to see if I can get over the hump and make Rifleman. I appreciate your being patient with my back and all. I am going to try and get a little looser for my next one. Good instruction and a real good time. Thanks again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Mudcat

I may get over to Marion, I have some other frieds going to be there too. We will have to see. You did a great job we want everyone to go at their own speed and above all not cause further injury. I will be looking for you in the future though.

Here are the few pics I took.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

--George Washington

yellowhousejake

Sorry I missed Carmi, I do love to be there. But we got plenty wet up in Rochester as well. Biogranny and XDMan look good in those new hats!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ